X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsDeville is back in the groove...

Well, life got in the way for a while, but I'm back.

Actually, I never stopped bagging... just slowed down for a while.

This is something I taped back at the end of March. It's by no means a perfect representation of proper speed bag punches. But, that's me... a Perfect Imperfection!

I thought I'd put in a plug at the end for The Big Event next month...

(Boy, I'd love to fly/drive/crawl to SPEEDB.A.G. 2010... but, I'm just not sure if it's "in the cards" for me this year. DRAT )

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I just posted a comment over on YouTube. You must have started this post while I was viewing the vid on YT. Nice work.

Hope you can make it to NJ; if not, hopefully next year.

Comment

• Geronimo
      • Sep 2009

Id say MsD you got them Split fists down pat and looks text book! Nice work!

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

The split fists look graceful. So, do you coordinate your wardrobe with bag color?

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
          ...Nice work.
          Hope you can make it to NJ...
          I've never been to New Jersey... although, I grew up just 10 miles from Keyport... Keyport, Washington, that is!
          Sure would be sweet to gather amongst all the fellow baggers. There's going to be a TON OF TALENT, for sure!

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
          Id say MsD you got them Split fists down pat and looks text book! Nice work!
          Thanks, Geronimo! They're a favorite of mine.

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          The split fists look graceful. So, do you coordinate your wardrobe with bag color?
          Well, I try. Although, I'm having a hard time finding a pink speed bag to match the new workout shirt I bought...
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Nice combinations and great sense of rhythm. Sounds to me like your punch drumming skills (bag control and mixing beat to music) is really coming along. The key is learning to improvise the beat as you go and because you would slightly miss or start over and get right back into the beat tells me you are really feeling the bag beat with the song.

Beware boys.... there is a lady punchdrummer in the house!
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Flattery will get you everywhere...

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Nice combinations and great sense of rhythm. Sounds to me like your punch drumming skills (bag control and mixing beat to music) is really coming along. The key is learning to improvise the beat as you go and because you would slightly miss or start over and get right back into the beat tells me you are really feeling the bag beat with the song.

Beware boys.... there is a lady punchdrummer in the house!

Thanks so much for the compliments, Alan. ...I definitely hope to aspire to the level of "punchdrummer."

I'm in a "John Mayer" phase right now, and I was feeling in an especially rhythmic mood when I did this vid...

But, really, my mood definitely sets my workout pace – and music selection... And, as I continue to improve on my individual punches, the easier I find it is to transition from one punch to the next without getting "out of beat." Yes, I understand what you're saying about improvising. I still have a long long way to go, but, man, I'm enjoying the journey!

Thanks, guys. I am revitalized.

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Great job MsD!!! great effect with the mirror!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                  Great job MsD!!! great effect with the mirror!
                  Thanks, Fingers.
                  I'm always trying to "change it up" to keep it interesting...

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Always a pleasure watching you hit Miss D. It makes me go knock the rust off my moves afterwards.

Comment

• deano
                      Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

great to see another vid of you in action Ms Dee.smooth,easy and effortless.my
                      wife and daughters are in the John Mayer mood also,they went to Sydney the other night to see him in concert and really enjoyed it.take it easy Ms Dee.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey Miss "D", Great job of baggin'! You were definitely "puttin' your groove on!"
                        You've got good rhythm and kept in time. What do you use to record your vids with?
                        The sound quality was great. You're progressing nicely.
                        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Roc Stone
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2007

Nice work Deville.

Your hair looks nice too
                          sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• metaldad
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2007

Another nice vid MsD! Jammin' to the Mayer man! Like his music. Eventually I'll get around to "Taking Chances" on Celine!.............I almost picked up a live version of the song.........My metal conscious began to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders.........actually it was my wife
                            sigpic

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              Always a pleasure watching you hit Miss D. It makes me go knock the rust off my moves afterwards.
                              Why, thank you, Dutchman.

Let me know the next time you want to knock more rust off... and I'll be happy to oblige you with another vid...
                              As Jimmy Durante used to say, "I got a million of 'em. A million of 'em."

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...