X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by deano View Post
    great to see another vid of you in action Ms Dee.smooth,easy and effortless.my
    wife and daughters are in the John Mayer mood also,they went to Sydney the other night to see him in concert and really enjoyed it.take it easy Ms Dee.
    Hey there, Deano. Thanks.
    I'm working hard at perfecting the "effortless" effect.

I've been playing a lot of John Mayer these past few weeks. Great singer/songwriter and he has a special way of turning a phrase. Oh yeah, he can play nice melodies, too. Love his message in the song "Daughters." How cool for your wife and daughters to have seen him in concert! Sounds like Mother (and Father) are being good to their daughters.

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
    Hey Miss "D", Great job of baggin'! You were definitely "puttin' your groove on!"
    You've got good rhythm and kept in time.
    Thanks so much TJ. Well, when the moon is in the proper phase, and the stars are in alignment, I can usually muster up my "groove."
    You would never know that I actually have 2 left feet!

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
    What do you use to record your vids with?
    The sound quality was great. You're progressing nicely.
    I have one of those high-definition Flip video cameras that has a built-in usb plug for direct upload to my laptop's hard drive.
    It came with some basic software, but I right now I'm using iMovie for the Mac. I insert my music over the movie's audio and I have the ability to adjust the video's audio. This way, I don't have the sound of the bag over-powering the music. (Just trying to make myself look better than I am, I suppose... I'm so vain...

Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
    Nice work Deville.

Your hair looks nice too
    Why, Roc. so nice to hear from you.

So... it's not too short, is it?
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      Another nice vid MsD! Jammin' to the Mayer man! Like his music. Eventually I'll get around to "Taking Chances" on Celine!.............I almost picked up a live version of the song.........My metal conscious began to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders.........actually it was my wife

Well, don't tell your wife, but you can get her world tour album at Amazon... and it's on sale!

Attached Files
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

MsD, my Mom passed away about 2 weeks ago and I was with my six sisters in St. Louis for a week. They love a good beat and they sure can dance. I didn't inherit that gene. Anyway, your video with such a relaxing setting, great song and speed bagging by you that just screams you're in the groove having fun, I am going to send it to my sisters to enjoy too. Thanks.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
          MsD, my Mom passed away about 2 weeks ago and I was with my six sisters in St. Louis for a week. They love a good beat and they sure can dance. I didn't inherit that gene. Anyway, your video with such a relaxing setting, great song and speed bagging by you that just screams you're in the groove having fun, I am going to send it to my sisters to enjoy too. Thanks.
          I must say, having SIX SISTERS must have kept you on your toes when growing up!
          I hope they enjoy the video. I have found that my family doesn't share my enthusiasm for SB-ing. ...Ain't that crazy?

I'm so sorry to hear about the lost of your mom. My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

MsD, Thanks. Maybe your family doesn't share your SB enthusiasm but we on this forum sure do. We so admire your uniqueness, independence and talent.

Not all my sisters read emails on a regular basis, but here's the ones that responded thus far about your video:

“John , how very darling ! Love her beat along with the darling song.
            She's making music !” love, Virg

“Wow, how strong her arms must be and yes she has rhythm.And i love that song!” Vic

“Wow John. She is really something else. what talent!!!”
            Love, Joanie

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Feb 2010

Hey Dee, it's great to see you 'back in the groove' again
              You look to have become even smoother and more graceful lately. I enjoy watching people bagging to their favourite kinds of music, seems mostly any kind of music works.

You deserve all those nice compliments too. I hope your videos inspire more girls try out the speedbag, they don't know what they're missing do they?!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                MsD, Thanks. Maybe your family doesn't share your SB enthusiasm but we on this forum sure do. We so admire your uniqueness, independence and talent.

Not all my sisters read emails on a regular basis, but here's the ones that responded thus far about your video:

“John , how very darling ! Love her beat along with the darling song.
                She's making music !” love, Virg

“Wow, how strong her arms must be and yes she has rhythm.And i love that song!” Vic

“Wow John. She is really something else. what talent!!!”
                Love, Joanie
                Why, thanks so much, agatt. I'm speechless. And thanks for sharing those emails with me! I'm so flattered. Hey, who knows, maybe one of your sisters will be inspired to try it out!

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                Hey Dee, it's great to see you 'back in the groove' again
                You look to have become even smoother and more graceful lately. I enjoy watching people bagging to their favourite kinds of music, seems mostly any kind of music works.

You deserve all those nice compliments too. I hope your videos inspire more girls try out the speedbag, they don't know what they're missing do they?!

Finally got out of my "funk" and went back to it. And, it was all anew. Started listening to great music with strong rhythms. I started hearing the different beats within the songs. And, I have discovered the syncopated beat. So cool.

In fact, it was like an epiphany for me when I happened to watch some clips by The Baggist. OMG. Simply awesome bagging –and right on beat, in my opinion. He definitely feels the music! [Hey, Baggist – more videos please!]

This is an amazing clip from The Baggist:

Something has "clicked" inside. And I'm hearing the beat in the bag. I'm re-watching videos of the seasoned punch-drummers and I am seeing and hearing things in them that I hadn't noticed before. I've gained a new appreciation...

I know I still have a long way to go, but, I know I'm headed in the right direction.

I hope that I can inspire more women to get on board with baggin'. I can't say enough good things about it. And, this is a fantastic message board. So many great people.

Thanks again for your comments, Mrs. Mitts. And by the way, you've managed to do a GREAT job giving the "bug" to your darling sons! Love their video clips. They're both naturals, like their mum!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...