• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Riveting!!

Trying riveting!! showing mistakes and frustration!! why does it go wrong when i put on the camera?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao_mSUxX12o
  • Mrs Mitts
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Feb 2010

Oh YES YES YES!!!!
    Nice one fingers! You got it working really well!! The church bells in Devon are ringing out in celebration

Hope you can show that off at our SPEED BALL 2010 day, I'm booking in for a tutorial.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

With those arms and forearms of yours, that bag bag don't stand a chance!
      sigpic

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        Fingers,
        With forearms like those, if you miss the bag, you'll knock a hole in that concrete block wall! Shazammmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by TJ_MaTee; 05-09-2010, 01:31 PM.
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

You could probably drive rivets with those guns. Maybe you should change your user name to "Arms."

Nice job by the way.

Comment

• Bruce
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by fingers View Post
            Trying riveting!! showing mistakes and frustration!! why does it go wrong when i put on the camera??
            Looked good, man. You've got some pipes on you- is that all from speed bagging? If it's any consolation, I can't put myself on camera without hitting myself in the face with the bag after 30 seconds.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Fingers! You have improved greatly! I remember your first vid. You had the basics down, and now you are freestylin' with ease!
              I wrote the following on your youtube vid....
              "Great stuff Fingers! You have definitely been putting quality time in!
              Those combos look sweet! And going from fist rolls to drums rolls (riveting) ain't easy, but it sure is cool!
              BAG ON!"

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey Fingers, very nice transitions. Riveting looks very nice. It is harder than most people realize.

Great progress.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Fingers, that first combo you did (riveting?) is the one I first saw done by Spin on the speed bag truck. It's amazing to watch.

It's hard to see how wide your hands were from each other. You should have a contest at Speed Ball 2010 who could rivet with their hands separated the widest.

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                    Oh YES YES YES!!!!
                    Nice one fingers! You got it working really well!! The church bells in Devon are ringing out in celebration

Hope you can show that off at our SPEED BALL 2010 day, I'm booking in for a tutorial.
                    Glad you liked it Mrs M!! swap you a riveting lesson for a double bump lesson!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                    HAha thanks MD you are packing some big guns yourself my friend.

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                    Fingers,
                    With forearms like those, if you miss the bag, you'll knock a hole in that concrete block wall! Shazammmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Haha!! thanks TJ it was your and Spins videos that got me riveting!
                    not sure about breaking the wall though...maybe grazed knuckles

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    You could probably drive rivets with those guns. Maybe you should change your user name to "Arms."

Nice job by the way.
                    Thanks Biff!! back in the day the arms were an ice breaker on a night out! I've probably had them inches bigger in my youth! male vanity eh!!

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                    Looked good, man. You've got some pipes on you- is that all from speed bagging? If it's any consolation, I can't put myself on camera without hitting myself in the face with the bag after 30 seconds.
                    Thanks Bruce! i trained with weights 4 times a week for 25 years but am winding it down now doing more heart friendly training but seem to have kept some of my size.
                    it is strange about the camera..press the button and i go to pieces!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                    Fingers! You have improved greatly! I remember your first vid. You had the basics down, and now you are freestylin' with ease!
                    I wrote the following on your youtube vid....
                    "Great stuff Fingers! You have definitely been putting quality time in!
                    Those combos look sweet! And going from fist rolls to drums rolls (riveting) ain't easy, but it sure is cool!
                    BAG ON!"
                    Thanks for the kind comments SSP! it was your and TJ's videoes that inspired me to try riveting it just looked cool as you can see there were many frustrating moments

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Hey Fingers, very nice transitions. Riveting looks very nice. It is harder than most people realize.

Great progress.
                    Thanks Alan that means a lot!! I've been studying the dvd's thanks again you are a true gentleman.

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                    Fingers, that first combo you did (riveting?) is the one I first saw done by Spin on the speed bag truck. It's amazing to watch.

It's hard to see how wide your hands were from each other. You should have a contest at Speed Ball 2010 who could rivet with their hands separated the widest.
                    Ha ha great idea atgatt! i have a feeling that when the event is over we will all be riveting

Comment

• goju
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                      why does it go wrong when i put on the camera?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao_mSUxX12o
                      Tell me about it mate... same thing happens to me all the time. So your not alone hehe.. Anyway, great bagging fingers.

Comment

• The Baggist
                        Vert Baggin' Master
                        • May 2009

Killer Baggin Fingers, I'll have to give the RIVETS a try.......oh yeah the guns are impressive, you could probably choke out an ox with those things!!!!

Comment

• fingers
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by goju View Post
                          Tell me about it mate... same thing happens to me all the time. So your not alone hehe.. Anyway, great bagging fingers.
                          Ha ha must be a UK thing!! problem is my camera cuts out after less than a minute!! so i need to get it right....i need a bigger memory card!

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                          Killer Baggin Fingers, I'll have to give the RIVETS a try.......oh yeah the guns are impressive, you could probably choke out an ox with those things!!!!
                          Thanks Baggist i would think a "bagger" of your caliber would pick up riveting in about 5 minuets!!

Comment

• goju
                            • Aug 2009

To be honest mate.. i think once the cam goes on, you tend to try to hard to make a good vid and that when it goes tits up lol.

Comment

• deano
                              Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

I didn't get as excited as Mrs Mitts,but I thought you did a good job on the rivets Fingers.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...