X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Psycho Swivel

Just finished my first video. The sound quality turned out better than the video. My board makes a cool drum sound, I think, but my neighbor doesn't. The rubber o ring might slow it down some and of course you need to keep it lubed, but its worth the protection. The retention cap was cut from a 1/4 in. nylon washer and fits on that specific hard ware. I will post more on how it was made and updates on the hours of abuse it takes. Thanks for checking out my Psycho Swivel!!

The Speed Ball should be in every hall
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

STT, nice setup, nice design, and super nice bagging skills. How long have you been baggin?

I am looking forward to your video description of how you made the "Psycho Swivel."

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

I put up my first platform in Jan. 2010 after getting an everlast nylon bag for Christmas. Most of those components were scrap also. Well, scrap to someone else, but I'll find a need for anything. So I've been baggin for about three months. The second month, a lot of time was spent on fabricating my designs. Many hours on research and development and now testing. Thanks for the comment, I'm psyched!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Like your skills, the platform is impressive. Your doing great for just 3 months!!!

I like the idea of a ball running on a bearing. I knocked up a metal ball hook swivel of my own, from an Everlast chain link. At the time I thought about a bearing, but decided the housing would have to be much larger. It would be interesting to see what you come up with.......Good luck.

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
          I put up my first platform in Jan. 2010 after getting an everlast nylon bag for Christmas. Most of those components were scrap also. Well, scrap to someone else, but I'll find a need for anything. So I've been baggin for about three months. The second month, a lot of time was spent on fabricating my designs. Many hours on research and development and now testing. Thanks for the comment, I'm psyched!
          Nice work for just 3 months under the board.

A few other members are developing hybrid swivels as well. It should be interesteing to see how each performs.

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

3 months!! wow impressive,,i need to go practice.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

STT.... Great job!
              For 3 months that's great!
              Cool sounding board....
              Diggin' the Psycho Swivel!
              BAG ON!

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

very impressive skills. Cool board and I'm looking forward to more details about the swivel.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
                  Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

good stuff

cool vid STT top combos withnice elbows thrown in.Ive been mucking around with swivs lately also.trying to shorten them up,to make them faster.have drilled hole in board approx 2'' and mounted swiv on top and screwed down from top,just letting hook hang thru,so from underneath all you see is hook and ball
                  no swiv.will post photo

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                    Like your skills, the platform is impressive. Your doing great for just 3 months!!!

I like the idea of a ball running on a bearing. I knocked up a metal ball hook swivel of my own, from an Everlast chain link. At the time I thought about a bearing, but decided the housing would have to be much larger. It would be interesting to see what you come up with.......Good luck.
                    [Your working with some skills also. Do you still bag with the chain-link base. I'm interested in knowing how long that material that I used will hold up. In my design, I didn't want the ball making any metal to metal contact, to lessen the wear. The only piece that does make contact is the eye bolt hanging through. Those pieces are cheap, unlike any of the metal housings available, or drilling out that brass ball. I don't think it would need to be much larger, just re-machined, to fit bearings.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

LOL, We All need to practice. You're getting better already with that new ball.

Comment

• Bruce
                        • Dec 2009

Looking good, guy. That's a solid looking drum and great performance under the bag. Keep them coming.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                          Looking good, guy. That's a solid looking drum and great performance under the bag. Keep them coming.
                          Thanks Bro! I'm gonna go learn a new combo. Keep bangin

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Nov 2007

[Your working with some skills also. Do you still bag with the chain-link base. I'm interested in knowing how long that material that I used will hold up. In my design, I didn't want the ball making any metal to metal contact, to lessen the wear. The only piece that does make contact is the eye bolt hanging through. Those pieces are cheap, unlike any of the metal housings available, or drilling out that brass ball. I don't think it would need to be much larger, just re-machined, to fit bearings.
                            Yes, the chain-link base is fine. I used a conned drill bit to tapper the base so the ball sit's in snug, it's also polished. I give a drop of oil every once in a while, normally when it starts squeaking.......or is that my joints?

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                              Yes, the chain-link base is fine. I used a conned drill bit to tapper the base so the ball sit's in snug, it's also polished. I give a drop of oil every once in a while, normally when it starts squeaking.......or is that my joints?
                              The Psycho base is still holding up too. I also don't have any problem with wear and I keep the swivel lubed. I have to, because I have more like a sealed socket. I've never had a problem with shrapnel (knock on wood) lodging in my eye. I was searching the archives and found your thread with the pics of your build and basically I did the same thing. The only difference being the materials I chose to incorporate. I've finally aquired some needed components for the Psycho II and I'll be in the shop this weekend fabricating it. Do you think a peice of panty hose would help everyone with the shrapnel problem? Tied off on the base and tied to the bottom of the carabiner should keep flying objects in and maintain flexability. IDK just a thought I haven't had that problem.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...