• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

metaldad mellows out

Since I couldn't find the Celine Dion (Courtesy MsDeville), I figured I'd try something else. This is Rasa, quite meditatative.
    I was trying a little too hard to stay on beat. I guess more metronome work should help!
    Last edited by metaldad; 03-27-2010, 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    sigpic
  • TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Some cool double time/syncopated rhythms you had goin' MD! That tempo was at a crawl, but could be good for practicing. I've been trying to do some punch drumming. Lately to some Pat Metheny grooves. They're great because most of the tempos are slightly slower and at a mellower groove, making it easier to relax, have greater control,
    and pull off newer techniques (I need work on) at a slower tempo.
    Anyway, nice job brother. Take it cool.
    T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
      Some cool double time/syncopated rhythms you had goin' MD! That tempo was at a crawl, but could be good for practicing. I've been trying to do some punch drumming. Lately to some Pat Metheny grooves. They're great because most of the tempos are slightly slower and at a mellower groove, making it easier to relax, have greater control,
      and pull off newer techniques (I need work on) at a slower tempo.
      Anyway, nice job brother. Take it cool.
      Thanks man!This particular song threw me because I wasn't used to the beat and I forgot just how long it is! I like Pat Metheny as well. I was also thinking about some Al Di Meola off of "Scenario" which is the album that introduced me to him. Or maybe "Elegant Gypsy". I've taken my metronome out with me and have been using it the past couple of days and it's helping especially for those pesky I-SES!
      sigpic

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        Thanks man!This particular song threw me because I wasn't used to the beat and I forgot just how long it is! I like Pat Metheny as well. I was also thinking about some Al Di Meola off of "Scenario" which is the album that introduced me to him. Or maybe "Elegant Gypsy". I've taken my metronome out with me and have been using it the past couple of days and it's helping especially for those pesky I-SES!
        Sweet, That would be some tough stuff to try to follow, those Di Meola licks are really rudimental which would make them cool to punch to, but at the same time insanely fast. I would have to train with Skunk and ScissorHands
        to be able to handle that at this point. The metronome idea sounds like a great practice tool. So many baggin' aspects to work on, so little time! LOL.
        Anyway, looking good my man.
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

It's too relaxing!!! I'd fall asleep Good job MD

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

It is beautiful music to listen to. Interesting baggin' mix. Kinda hard to determine any beat but that can make it challenging. Good job on it.

When I'm in the mood for slow and meditative music with a bag bagging beat I often turn to Enigma. It's slow and if you can't feel this beat, you're dead.

Sadness I

Mea Culpa

when I want a bit more powerful choral and drums I like the "Power of One" soundtrack for the variety of voice, rhythm and drums. Various songs have some cool parts for a bag beat. These are just a few but there are many on the album.

Mother Africa :37 - 3:10

Rainmaker 1:12- 2:44, 4:48 - 6:45

probably not for everyone's taste to be sure - but very bagable.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
              Spin Master

• Aug 2008

beautiful bagging MD!!!!!!!

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Smooth and cool MD!!

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                  So many baggin' aspects to work on, so little time! LOL.
                  Ain't that the truth! I'm lucky if I get ten minutes to bag sometimes. It's better than nothing, but man I feel so rushed some days. Maybe I'll win the lottery and retire! Then I'll be just like that song:I don't wanna work, I want to bang on the bag all day!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  It's too relaxing!!! I'd fall asleep Good job MD
                  Thnaks Tim. Believe me I was struggling to keep my eyes open for a while there

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  It is beautiful music to listen to. Interesting baggin' mix. Kinda hard to determine any beat but that can make it challenging. Good job on it.

When I'm in the mood for slow and meditative music with a bag bagging beat I often turn to Enigma. It's slow and if you can't feel this beat, you're dead.

when I want a bit more powerful choral and drums I like the "Power of One" soundtrack for the variety of voice, rhythm and drums. Various songs have some cool parts for a bag beat. These are just a few but there are many on the album.

probably not for everyone's taste to be sure - but very bagable.
                  thanks Alan. Enigma is pretty ahem multi-purpose. Now we can add bagging to the list. i've got that first album. Good stuff. Never really thought of Hans Zimmer! But hey, if it's gaot a beat then there's a way for you to bag!

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
                  beautiful bagging MD!!!!!!!
                  Thanks SBSH! One day I'll get there. I've been trying your patented spinning elbow move..................there's a reason why it's yours lol!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                  Smooth and cool MD!!
                  Thanks fingers!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

thanks Alan. Enigma is pretty ahem multi-purpose. Now we can add bagging to the list. i've got that first album. Good stuff. Never really thought of Hans Zimmer!
                    Yes, their music is pretty ahem multipurpose, and when you can feel the groove and control the bag beat, you can ahem do all the different mutlipurposes at the same time.
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Yes, their music is pretty ahem multipurpose, and when you can feel the groove and control the bag beat, you can ahem do all the different mutlipurposes at the same time.
                      Yep...........Baggin' and ahemmin' to Enigma..........hmmmmmm
                      sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Yep...........Baggin' and ahemmin' to Enigma..........hmmmmmm
                        can't wait for the video.....
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...