Anybody Familiar with this type platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BxrPuncher
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2010

Anybody Familiar with this type platform?

Hello fellow Speed Bag Enthusiast! I just recently obtained an Everlast Speed Bag Platform that is one of the more sturdy ones I've ever seen. I'm going to attempt to post a picture in hopes that some of the Speed Bag veteran's might recognize this Model # and provide any information they can on it. Maybe a few of you will know the pro's and cons(It's approx. 150 lbs.!, the one con I already know about.) of the item and its potential value? I haven't yet joined the two parts of the platform to make it functional, nor have I mounted it on the wall for use, but here she is. Thanks for any assistance.
    Attached Files
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Welcome, BP, to the forum. That is one helluva platform. Dutchman or SpeedBag (Alan) can probably tell you about the platform. I would guess that they "don't make them like that anymore." That looks to be one solid setup. Plus, you have the adjustability feature of the wheel crank. AND, as a bonus, it looks to be in great shape.

I don't know where you got it, but it's a find. The only drawback, as you said, is the weight of the thing. You'll really need to secure it to the surface you mount it on.

Good luck with it and post up some vids of you using it.

Comment

• tryme
      • Mar 2010

wow that looks super strong, they dont make em like they used to! make sure you get some wd40 or something to lube up the height adjustment i can imagine it will be a bit squeeky and dry lol

Comment

• BxrPuncher
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2010

Thanks

Thank you Biff. I've been a longtime visitor to the forum but just recently decided to join up. Thanks for the kind words about the platform. It was reportedly used or "overlooked" in a gym(not a boxing gym)for years. I do hope to get the platform mounted up properly and putting it to use soon. There are so many skilled speed baggers in here that I'd be reluctant to post any video's until I get a little smoother. Thanks for making me feel welcome though.

Comment

• tryme
          • Mar 2010

I haven't been here long and I love it, i'm sure you will to!

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

That is an older model of their professional gym platforms. Solid as a rock, and heavy as one, it is intended to take massive amounts of use and abuse. It is very similar to the Narranganset Machine Co. platforms which preceeded it, just without the ornate castings. Once you put one of these up, you'll never need another one.

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              That is an older model of their professional gym platforms. Solid as a rock, and heavy as one, it is intended to take massive amounts of use and abuse. It is very similar to the Narranganset Machine Co. platforms which preceeded it, just without the ornate castings. Once you put one of these up, you'll never need another one.
              [ /thread ]

Comment

• BxrPuncher
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2010

Thanks

Thanks Tryme, great advise. After close inspection of the long adjustment screw and anchor screws, they are really dry. I'll take care of it right away. Thanks again.

Dutchman, thanks for your post too. I really found Narranganset Machine Co. to be a great resource after searching for their webpage. Love those old wall pulley's especially! Thanks guys.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Those were the types in the the Memphis State Weight room (not blue crank wheel, but a crankshaft with handle). I have seen several of those at VA medical center Kinesiotherapy clinics. Very Heavy duty. Often attached to structural columns in the room as well as walls. Actually the last one of these I hit was in a lawyer friend of mine's garage in Atlanta about 5 years ago.

You've got a great board, that I can tell you.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• BxrPuncher
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Mar 2010

Thanks

Thanks Mr. Kahn, I appreciate the post. After hearing from you guys I feel pretty good about the quality and durability of this platform. Especially after hearing it from whom I consider the "Father of Modern Speed Bagging", Mr. Alan Kahn! Thanks again.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Wow! that's one heck of a set-up, looks solid as a rock. Welcome to the forum BxrPuncher.

Comment

• BxrPuncher
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Mar 2010

Thanks

Thanks a bunch UKspeedbag. Great to be here! I hope to get the rack up and running soon. I'm learing so much from the post and video's that I just can't wait to try some of it out. I've seen some of your video's and you've got great skills. I hope to try and emulate a few of you guys and gals in the near future.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BxrPuncher View Post
                          Thanks a bunch UKspeedbag. Great to be here! I hope to get the rack up and running soon. I'm learing so much from the post and video's that I just can't wait to try some of it out. I've seen some of your video's and you've got great skills. I hope to try and emulate a few of you guys and gals in the near future.
                          Thanks for your kind words.

Well there's plenty of great people here that'll give you loads of advice to help you along and becoming an addict just like the rest of us. Enjoy, and any questions just fire away.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...