metaldad's got a brand new bag....hit me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    The problem is probably the metal housing "shaving" the plastic ball as it turns. If you have a plastic ball, I bet you have a plastic housing that it originally came in. Change the metal base attachment with the plastic one and your plastic ball will probably not leak little shavings. Better yet, put the metal ball inside the plastic housing and get a much better swivel (my opinion only..)
    I use a plastic ball in a plastic housing, and I still get tons of shavings.....I'm hard on my equipment.

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
      Spin Master

• Aug 2008

awesome set up metal D!!!!! ur gonna love the new bags-

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
        I use a plastic ball in a plastic housing, and I still get tons of shavings.....I'm hard on my equipment.
        Maybe the answer is: the plastic ball sucks. ??
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbagskater
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Feb 2010

absolutely.

Somewhere, deep in my speed bag graveyard, I should have a 4204 that developed a fatal bladder problem. It died, ( 'bout 1996-98 time period) and I don't think I tossed it, because it was a sweetheart bag and I couldn't find a bladder at the time. Since I hate changing bladders and normally have no shortage of bags, I went on to others (starting hitting a lot Ringside bags then, due to their support for my book and video's) and the 4204 sort of disappeared. I need to comb through my attic, yard buildings, closets, garage and everywhere else I have dead or past speed bag storage and see if I can find it.
          I have a 4200 and a 4201, but have never seen a 4204, what size was the bag, there is a sports exchange shop by me that has all sorts or odd items that you can't find anymore, they have 13x8 bags, but there is a black bag way up high on the wall that looks around that big but I can't see the numbers on it...I'll have to as them to get it down for me next time i'm in there!

Comment

• atgatt
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Maybe the answer is: the plastic ball sucks. ??
            Neither of my platforms with the plastic ball show any shavings. One is setup with the Title 12 x 10 which puts a lot of stress on a swivel and it still is fine.

Maybe you all are hitting wrong.

Comment

• atgatt
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
              Neither of my platforms with the plastic ball show any shavings. One is setup with the Title 12 x 10 which puts a lot of stress on a swivel and it still is fine.

Maybe you all are hitting wrong.
              Forgive me, now that I looked at my 12 x 10 setup closely, there are black shavings. It appears it is from the metal stem of the screw in eye hook that screws into the white plastic ball, hitting the black plastic inner hole edge's bottom diameter.

After taking it all apart I can see that most of the wear is farthest from where I punch, which makes sense since that is the hardest impact.

Since it is just the bottom edge of that inner black plastic housing, I see no wear that actually distorts the diameter that the white plastic ball rides in.

It's only on my 12 x 10 bag setup and not my 8 x 5 setup. I told you that 12 x 10 puts a lot of stress on a swivel. For me, with the shavings NOT actually hurting the swivel's performance, I'll stay with them. If you have shavings, it means you're doing something. Plus, after hearing some of the metal swivels, I like the quiet of plastic.

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Looking good MD.. you could always invest in a U bar swivel no shavings!!

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Change the metal base attachment with the plastic one and your plastic ball will probably not leak little shavings.
                  You got a pic of this? You're probably gonna laugh and call me a doofus, but I'm confused

Better yet, put the metal ball inside the plastic housing and get a much better swivel (my opinion only..)
                  I tried this today and you know what? It worked pretty doggone well!. VERY smooth, and quiet!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Great video MD. That's some serious fist rolling. New bag seems to be working great.

Good deal on the bench. I bought a bench, 7' olympic bar and 400+ lbs of weight for $85 about 3 years ago at a yard sale
                  Thanks Tim. I love the fistroll! I wanna see how long and fast I can keep it going. I know Skunk already posted a vid of him going for 5 min. (?) I think it was 5, gotta look it up on youtube again. That's a serious deall for that much equipment! You still have it all? Yard and garge sales rule! I still have yetto find speed bag equipment. plenty of heavy bags, golf and fishing stuff, hell even a drum kit, but alas, no speed bags. Oh well, spring and summer are next door so maybe this year eh?

Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
                  awesome set up metal D!!!!! ur gonna love the new bags-
                  Thanks Adam! You're right about the bags! I wanna go hit right now but it's too late in the evening!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                  Looking good MD.. you could always invest in a U bar swivel no shavings!!
                  Thanks fingers! I'll start saving my pennies. Seeing MsDee with hers and you hitting yours,makes me want one. Those things are the epitome of silence and smoothness.
                  Last edited by metaldad; 02-21-2010, 07:38 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...