Hrmm Ill get a better one up asap but here ya go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geronimo
    • Sep 2009

Hrmm Ill get a better one up asap but here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlx0RpoZ66M so it shoulda been 2 mins long but something messed up, but i cant wait any longer to post this, nothing CRAZY, few mishaps here n there but w/e least ya guys get to see a vid. Im off work till monday so im sure by end of weekend ill get some GOOD footage for ya

Geronimo!

After watching this im rather disappointed on the results, the video should be 2 mins, the 2nd half has a lot skillful moves in it, as well as it was HD quality and this film came out CRAP.. but none the less heres Vid1, and Ill prob have 5 more by end of today, if all goes as planned!

Figured out the posting length of the video issue, the film is 2m 45sec, the TRAIL converter i have atm only converts 50% of the footage till you pay 30$ a month ahahah. all good Ill have better stuff for you all soon enough!
    Last edited by Geronimo; 02-18-2010, 08:56 AM. Reason: new link to vid 2, reason on short film
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Very nicely done, controlled and smooth. You're pace is very even. The more you practice, the easier (and faster) it will become. Great job. How long have you been bagging?

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
      Spin Master

• Aug 2008

great job G! perfect pace and form - youre coming along nice!!!!!

Comment

• Geronimo
        • Sep 2009

Well the funny part is really that... this set up is in my apartment building... about month ago i got permission from my senior neighbor downstairs from me to let me TRY to see if my SB set up was to loud to use inside my workout room in my place... Well she said it wasnt bad at all and i could enjoy honey! So I have respected her wish not to BANG ON IT REALLY hard and not before 9am or after 8pm, so Its all fair.
        Since Ive got the SB Bible and now have 1 my set ups inside i dont even both with FAST PACE, due to the SOUND FACTOR. So all I do is slower paced more advanced movements at a stead beat/rhythm.. Speed bagging for few years on n off but that was always CRAP style and just your basic boxers LL RR over n over fast as i could get my MONKEY swing arms to go... But since the Net<youtube> and now these forums since September, So i been at it about 4-6 months on and off due to the start of winter Dre and I didnt bag for 2months cus of the damn wisconsin cold, and our set ups being outside.

Im figuring out this free trial Codec Converter so ill have much better footage on here soon enough!

***** SPITS OUT DRINK!!! IM MEMBER OF FORUMS NOW!!! AHAHA Ive been waiting this day!!***** wipes eyes n double checks!!
        Last edited by Geronimo; 02-18-2010, 09:55 AM. Reason: ahah just noticed member rank on forums!

Comment

• Geronimo
          • Sep 2009

follow up Vid, hope this ones a bit better, w/ some of my fav. backround noise

Heres another to check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEwTsccGwxw

Enjoy Haha

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Good one! Like the spinning elbows....I gotta learn how to do those. Way to keep things steady.
            sigpic

Comment

• Geronimo
              • Sep 2009

Thanks MD, I get at the SB daily since i got the bible n set up indoors so improvement comes by the sessions

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I'm very impressed with your relaxed style, smooth and steady with nice control. Loved the double elbow bump about half-way through. Also, I like the way you perform each combo with both fists, arms, elbows.

EDIT: After watching your vid a few times, just one more observation - at various times during your routine, your elbows and arms were near your waist. Although this wasn't a problem for you in the vid, it may become an issue when you start hitting faster and adding some more difficult combos. The time wasted in getting your fists (or elbows) to the bag may cause a breakdown or mis-hit.

I don't mean this as a negative criticism, but just as a reminder to keep your elbows up so as not to create a bad habit you may have to overcome later on.

And I agree with MsDeville - let's see your fiancee, Dre, in action. If she's interested, have her join the forum.
                Last edited by Biff; 02-18-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Smooth Punching!

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                  Heres another to check out

Nice demonstration of your skills, Geronimo! Glad to see you've got the video thing sorted out. I never get tired of watching SB videos...
                  (I hope you don't mind, but I embedded your video here on the forum...)

By the looks of it, you've got most of the punches down. And, your elbow positioning looks good through most of the vid. That double-bump with your elbow (at 1:50 I think) was nice... reminds me of Dee Pooler's style.

Now, let's get your fiancée, Dre onboard with a video!!
                  sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Geronimo
                    • Sep 2009

Biff im 100% with ya, now that I have a camcorder Im much of a..... OCD semi perfectionist, try not to get outa control with it, better as i get older dealing with me personality . But yeah any tips, advice etc im all about it anything that I missed especially. Ive noticed the dropping of my arms in parts of alot of the footage ive been getting today, and I know its something that has to be fixed.
                    Kinda funny to me I guess that you guys seeing me all chill n slow on the sb, but inside my place when i go past moderate pace on the bag it gets really loud and i'm trying hard not to piss my neighbors off. I have 2 set ups in my garage that when spring breaks soon I'll get some BANGIN vids of dre and I duo'ing it up in the garage. I need get the hvy bag sessions posted one these days too!

Ms D. im sure Ill have dre on here soon enough thanks for the comments as well!

Having this Vidrecorder is a great time ahahah

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                      Thanks MD, I get at the SB daily since i got the bible n set up indoors so improvement comes by the sessions
                      All video's look really nice. Arm and swing positions correct, Smooth, controlled movement and force, great bag contact and a very nice mix of combinations. I noticed both lead fist and second fist linking off the Front Double Punches, (FDP), and good control on all the Triple Elbow strikes and four way ES. OK, remember, with any technique that has BOTH fists, (any triple or 4-way elbow strike) and all double punches [for now, focus on Front Double Punch (FDP) and Reverse Double Punch (RDP)], you have three linking options. You can always pass (1) the lead fist, or (2) the second fist or (3) Both fists through the bag, usually to the other side. You can do this after ANY technique with both fists. In fact, think of any Triple Elbow Strike or 4-way Elbow Strike as nothing more than a FDP with elbows added in front or after the fists. But the FDP is the same.

Since you have and use "The Bible", I suggest you start practicing the linking exercises on page 48, 49 & 50. The exercises on page 49-50 focus on passing the (1) lead, (2) second and (3) both fists from the RDP position. mixing lead, second, both fists non-stop from FDP and RDP is a pretty cool combo and will drill your fist control like nothing else.

You can do it!
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Geronimo
                        • Sep 2009

Guess what Ill be doing tomorrow Alan, going over them lessons till I have worked a good few sessions! More videos incoming soon I'm sure!
                        Thanks for the comments
                        Geronimo

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Looking good to me, your control is excellent. keep em coming, well done.

Comment

• Geronimo
                            • Sep 2009

Thanks UK, yeah the 2nd vid < http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEwTs...layer_embedded > with music was way better imo, least i got some decent stuff and a nice stretch of striking in the 2nd longer video. I gunna put a few more up this weekend. REALLY trying to get the RFR down driving me insane not being able to link the RFR as fluid as id like it. More coming soon.

LOL i tried to have that video embedded there in link but again I /fail at this PC stuff still .. more to learn!
                            Last edited by Geronimo; 02-19-2010, 02:16 PM. Reason: whoopsed the embedded link up!

Comment

• deano
                              Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

top stuff Geronimo,smooth as,excellent combos there.keep posting deano

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...