X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geronimo
    • Sep 2009

You all seen these combos before?

So is DPspeedbag a member on the forums here? I checked members list didnt see anything but a Dee Pooler, but he had no posts under his name. Anyways this video i saw today was very.... entertaining hope some others enjoy it as well.. the Combos he tosses out there are very very nice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qqbs8VAC48&NR=1

Geronimo

gunna go work some bumpin now!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Most of us know Dee very well. He has awesome control of the bag and from what I've seen pretty much started the current "Shadow Punching" craze ( FSP under the other Elbow).

* I say current craze because baggers have been doing that move for many years before us, it just wasn't really know about. As more and more "vintage" video footage is found, it's clear that "shadow punching" as we call it has been going on for years.

Dee has mastered it, as well as some amazing skill on double bumping his elbows.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Man, talk about SMOOOOOOOOOOTH. Just a pleasure to watch.

They should offer speed bagging as a PE class in all schools. I think if the students saw vids of Speedbag, Dee, Skunk, Tim and watched so many others on this forum (except me), people would use it throughout their lives because it is so addictive.

Great exercise, great to "dance" to, great for self defense techniques, etc.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
        ...They should offer speed bagging as a PE class in all schools. I think if the students saw vids of Speedbag, Dee, Skunk, Tim and watched so many others on this forum (except me), people would use it throughout their lives because it is so addictive.

Great exercise, great to "dance" to, great for self defense techniques, etc.
        Agreed. Google Books shows that striking bags were a part of grammar schools in the U.S. as early as the late 1800s. If revived today, schools could pass out certificates that actually mean something to young students -- a diploma for good bagmanship or good bagwomanship, hehe.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Yes, DP is indeed a member here, but he's a busy guy. Subscribe to his Youtube channel to keep tabs on him

He posts quite a few videos.

He has inspired many with his shadow punching.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Why didn't I come across him before????? Just subscribed to his vids. He does some amazing combo's.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Dee is the man! It was he, Alan, Skunk, Billy Mack, and Tim's clips that blew me away and inspired me when I first started. The key to Dee's skills is his rhythm, his rebounds and punches are even rhythmically. To me that is a sign of total bag control, much like Alan and Skunk ....
              BAG ON!

Comment

• goju
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                Why didn't I come across him before????? Just subscribed to his vids. He does some amazing combo's.
                i would have thought you of all people would of known about Dee vini.. iv'e learned loads of stuff from his youtube vids. Wish i had his control.. but im sure that will come

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                  So is DPspeedbag a member on the forums here? I checked members list didnt see anything but a Dee Pooler, but he had no posts under his name. Anyways this video i saw today was very.... entertaining hope some others enjoy it as well.. the Combos he tosses out there are very very nice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qqbs8VAC48&NR=1

Geronimo

gunna go work some bumpin now!
                  Dee is one of the best as witnessed by his many videos on YouTube. I like to refer to Dee as "Dr. Smooth."

Comment

• Geronimo
                    • Sep 2009

haha I didnt realize when I posted that he was the same guy that has the masked speedbag videos! Now it all makes sense. A.K I figured kinda as much that you guys knew him at least or where friends. I'm still newer in the sb world

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
                      haha I didnt realize when I posted that he was the same guy that has the masked speedbag videos! Now it all makes sense. A.K I figured kinda as much that you guys knew him at least or where friends. I'm still newer in the sb world
                      We talk on the phone about once a month or so, and email occassionally.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

DEE rules the bag. Alan Skunk, Spins, JohhnyPal, and Dee, BillyMack, The Baggist, are in the Pantheon of Baggers!
                        sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...