• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agentonthelow
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2010

Is my grant pro speed bag lopsided?

This bag isn't rebounding straight back to me on all axis. I really appreciate the craftsmanship of the bag, but it's just all over the place if I don't hit straight on the wider part of the bag. Is it designed to rebound well only on one axis or is it lopsided?

I just ordered a Title 5x8 gold speed bag. I will consider any fair trade (any type of boxing equipment) if someone is interested in this bag. .

• ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Well, I can't see any problems going from the images. What experience do you have hitting a speed bag? When I started out, I found my first bags hard to control until I found the sweet spot. My Title Classic is out of shape but still rebounds OK. I think, you'll find almost everyone here has one or two bags gone out of shape but, we still use them. I would say, keep at it and it'll probably all come together.

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year.
    Last edited by ukspeedbag; 01-02-2010, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Crapsterface
      • Nov 2009

Ya my grant was like that lol. I didnt know if thats how they make them? or it was faulty or what. but it was kind of neat. iv actually been thinking of geting another grant. I cant see much in that pic but myn had kind of an ovaled radius. I think thats how they make them. what size is your bag? I hav som boxing gloves I only used in the gym once sparring. I got them to spar with but ther 14 ounce. I learned they only spare with 16. after i brang them to the gym and threw them on. they only hav 2 or 3 rounds of use. I dont use golves anymore so ther just colecting dust. I would trade them for the grant depending what size the bag is.
      Last edited by Crapsterface; 01-02-2010, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Roc Stone
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2007

That looks to me to be about 1/2 inche out, you can see the mis-alignment when you follow the horizontal axis of the speed bag in you photo. Nothing you can do about it, apart from exchanging it, if it's new.
        sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• spinsmashpop
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

The pic of the bottom of the bag shows that it looks off center a bit...
          There is also a crease in it by the nipple. But, with that said, I have so many bags that LOOK off center or out of whack one way or another, but NOT al of them hit strange, only some.

I've never hit a Grant, nor a Cleto. I want to get those. I guess it is always hit or miss with a bag.

One of my 4x6 Everlast black and gold bags now has a little "puffed out" area about the size of the top of a thumb. It's the first time I've ever seen that.

And I love that bag and all the speed it brings with it!
          BAG ON!

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by agentonthelow View Post
            This bag isn't rebounding straight back to me on all axis. I really appreciate the craftsmanship of the bag, but it's just all over the place if I don't hit straight on the wider part of the bag. Is it designed to rebound well only on one axis or is it lopsided?
            You may want to give it a bit of time, getting used to a new bag requires time. I didn't see any variation that would make the bag unusable, in my opinion.

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

• riqal
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by agentonthelow View Post

I just ordered a Title 5x8 gold speed bag. I will consider any fair trade (any type of boxing equipment) if someone is interested in this bag. .

I will trade my black everlast 9x6 pro speedbag and a ringside chainlink swivel for your grant bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

I checked out all my bags, out of 7, 3 look like agentonthelow's and they all hit fine. The Title Classic is warped big time, still hit's fine.

Comment

• atgatt
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2007

There was one bag I noticed that I mishit on more than others. So I laid the bag sideways, as you show it, and placed a book at the widest part of the bag belly on each side of the bag with both seams just touching the books, the books act as right angles. Then I rotated the bag to the next set of seams and then the final 3rd set of seams. Low and behold, it was obvious that one set of seams were about 1/4" shorter in diameter than the other two. All my other bags had the seams much more equal.

Obviously, the smaller the bag with a certain size gap difference matters more than that same gap on a larger bag because of the % difference.

At least to me, a truer bag does make a difference especially in a small bag. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Comment

• Roc Stone
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2007

'At least to me, a truer bag does make a difference especially in a small bag. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. '

Good on you Atgatt!
                    sigpic'IRON HORSE, LIVE TO RIDE'

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                      There was one bag I noticed that I mishit on more than others. So I laid the bag sideways, as you show it, and placed a book at the widest part of the bag belly on each side of the bag with both seams just touching the books, the books act as right angles. Then I rotated the bag to the next set of seams and then the final 3rd set of seams. Low and behold, it was obvious that one set of seams were about 1/4" shorter in diameter than the other two. All my other bags had the seams much more equal.

Obviously, the smaller the bag with a certain size gap difference matters more than that same gap on a larger bag because of the % difference.

At least to me, a truer bag does make a difference especially in a small bag. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
                      Never Argue with a man that can design a RoboticBoxer. His seams are all lined up.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

That's right, Speedbag. I always say, "If the seen simple seams seem unseemly, sell it."

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...