• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job!
    Is it just me or are more people are getting into the speed bag now?
    I'm new but with the advent of youtube maybe people get a quicker understanding of the bag and how to hit it...
    BAG ON

Comment

• goju
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
      Great job!
      I'm new but with the advent of youtube maybe people get a quicker understanding of the bag and how to hit it...
      BAG ON
      Thats how ive tought myself BT, from watching AK / Dee / and skunk on the tube, Was the only way i could learn. Now i got the bible its getting even better, then i try to pass down what iv'e learnt to my son.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
        Great job!
        BAG ON
        Ten years ago, in the printed stuff that came with Everlast bags, they gave a secret clue to the future with a statement something like this: "skilled punchers can make interesting and musical sounds with the speed bag"*. Funny, all I got was triplet, triplet? That's music?

Professor Kahn was still in seclusion at his Texas think tank, printing his Bibles by hand on his original Gutenberg press for a few years by then, but the true path was not yet widely known outside of a very small brotherhood and sisterhood of the bag.

SSP, I think you are right about Youtube. And I think the bagging videos on Youtube have the potential to change the world. Searching for speed bag videos in German and Japanese and French and Spanish have revealed a deficit in the non-English speaking world. I have found no superb bagging -- as it is practiced at this site -- on youtube except in English. I believe this will change soon. Once the wild cat is out of the bag, the bag will start acting like a wild cat. Reverend Kahn and his Bible couldn't be happier, I believe. Oh yes, I believe...

* If anyone has the actual Everlast text that came with their bags, please reproduce it here, thanks.

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          Professor Kahn was still in seclusion at his Texas think tank, printing his Bibles by hand on his original Gutenberg press for a few years by then, but the true path was not yet widely known outside of a very small brotherhood and sisterhood of the bag.
          Now that's funny.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by goju View Post
            Yesterday i showed my son how to do the O-TES, sorry for the poor video quality again. I think he's doing pretty good for someone who only bags once a week and only being 11 years old .
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCjKJizxEpI
            Hey Goju, your son looks great. Nice flow and movment, even fist force, very nice fist linking figure-8, and nicely executed O-TES's. You might suggest he return to the bag after the O-TES with the last fistof that technique. He's doing a Re ' Rf ' Lf, and then returns with Right Fist, but with that contact order a left fist (Lf) return with FCP is easier. He could re-circle the left fist and connect in the Basic Rhythm a bit more naturally. On the other hand, IF he returns with the right fist (FSP) under the left arm it could be a sneaky shadow punch - however that's not something I'd clutter a beginner with at his level.

I would also like to see the Left leading O-TES.

Good stuff. The future of our bag is well in hand with this younger generation! Lots of good ones, with yours, UK, SSP and a few others! It is really rewarding to see these "little ones" get into it.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
              Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

real good

Goju, the young fella is going real good,he mixed it up,and the elbows were spot on,so for someone whos had limited time on the ball he could be the next Skunk

Comment

• goju
                • Aug 2009

wouldn't that be something eh Deano.. thanks for the comment mate

Comment

• goju
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Hey Goju, your son looks great. Nice flow and movment, even fist force, very nice fist linking figure-8, and nicely executed O-TES's. You might suggest he return to the bag after the O-TES with the last fistof that technique. He's doing a Re ' Rf ' Lf, and then returns with Right Fist, but with that contact order a left fist (Lf) return with FCP is easier. He could re-circle the left fist and connect in the Basic Rhythm a bit more naturally. On the other hand, IF he returns with the right fist (FSP) under the left arm it could be a sneaky shadow punch - however that's not something I'd clutter a beginner with at his level.

I would also like to see the Left leading O-TES.

Thank you AK, your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.. we are working on the left O-TES, so this weekend we just might see another vid with him doing so. Fingers crossed, and hopefully a updated vid of myself. ( This time with a better camera lol )

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...