X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goju
    • Aug 2009

1st attempt at side double punch

Well here is my 1st attempt. After alan kindly linked a vid for me and MD, i went to the gym to give it a shot. sorry about the lighting as it was done on my mobile phone.

• metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

First attempt? You're hitting like you've been at it awhile..You're a quick study my friend!
    sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Looking good to me Goju. This is just the beginning mate, soon you won't have to think about it.
      And here's your rating!

Comment

• goju
        • Aug 2009

Thanks guys, i really appreciate the feedback

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Hey Goju, it looks good, from what I can see. That particular clip is a bit dark and the frame rate on that camera is pretty low, which makes it difficult for me to provide detailed feedback (I try to download the videos and watch in slow motion, but with a low frame rate the bag/hands move too much from one frame to the next to be really helpful).

At any rate, it looks and sounds solid, so good job!

Comment

• goju
            • Aug 2009

yeah i know hat you mean tim..the only camera i have atm is the one on my phone

Comment

• deano
              Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

going good

Hey Goju,you have really got the speedbag bug, good stuff keep posting.

Comment

• goju
                • Aug 2009

i sure do have the bug deano..since i started just over a couple of months ago i cant stop i think i might have to invest in a ipod nano.. the video playback on those things seem pretty good.

Comment

• Jordan
                  • Jun 2009

I agree with metal if thats your first attempt....that was just incredible man, keep up the good work

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Sounds like you've got good timing and didn't hear any mis-hits so targeting and contact are OK. Looks like a little too much arm swaying for the SDP combo, with low elbows and shoulder movements rather than from the elbows. It's great video for a first time shot and as your technique cleans up a bit you'll get better fast.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• goju
                      • Aug 2009

Thanks again for the feedback.. and thanks for the tip AK. Seems amazon has dispatched my SSB so hopefully that will help with some of the bad techniques iv'e developed.

Comment

• Biff
                        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Goju, looking pretty good for your first attempt. I think the tendency, at first, to sway the arms and shoulders is pretty natural. If you look at Alan's vid on SDP you'll see exactly how to hit that combo. That helped me tremendously, and now I'm really conscious of my arm and elbow positioning when doing the SDP. I've really cut down on the "windshield wiper" effect.

Keep practicing!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...