• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Speed Bag Truck: NYC BAGGIN'!

Nothing special.... just kind of cool to bag it up on the streets of NYC with taxis going by! The bag was cold and slow. The truck was about to leave. It was early morning. We were playing outside for Fox and Friends, so I jumped in and got a clip.
    THIS IS THE NYPD! FREEZE AND PUT YOUR BAGS UP!
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    Nothing special.... just kind of cool to bag it up on the streets of NYC with taxis going by! The bag was cold and slow. The truck was about to leave. It was early morning. We were playing outside for Fox and Friends, so I jumped in and got a clip.
    THIS IS THE NYPD! FREEZE AND PUT YOUR BAGS UP!
    Nothing special? Bah! Very cool, very special. You're a pioneer.

You know, a change took place in our sensibilities as a species, and suddenly baby changing stations appeared overnight everywhere. Remember? I think the same will happen with bagging, as it fully enters public consciousness. Baggin' stations. You're on layover at JFK, and there are baggin' booths for hire; go to McDonalds, and they're suddenly concerned with your health, so there are bags with Ronald's likeness, in circus colors, waiting to be punched. It's a family thing. For those who commute each morning and evening by rail, you're in good hands since there will no longer be smoking cars, just smokin' bags in the bag car. There's no limit to this. For our species, just as hamsters must have wheels, once baggified, humans must have bags. It's only natural. As the ancient wisdom has it, "A speed bag gathers no moss". A bag is always potentially in motion, and the more opportunities for motion the better. Bags Up!

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

That was excellent speed there SSP.

Cold bags really do make a difference in speed.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Nothing special? Bah! Very cool, very special. You're a pioneer.

You know, a change took place in our sensibilities as a species, and suddenly baby changing stations appeared overnight everywhere. Remember? I think the same will happen with bagging, as it fully enters public consciousness. Baggin' stations. You're on layover at JFK, and there are baggin' booths for hire; go to McDonalds, and they're suddenly concerned with your health, so there are bags with Ronald's likeness, in circus colors, waiting to be punched. It's a family thing. For those who commute each morning and evening by rail, you're in good hands since there will no longer be smoking cars, just smokin' bags in the bag car. There's no limit to this. For our species, just as hamsters must have wheels, once baggified, humans must have bags. It's only natural. As the ancient wisdom has it, "A speed bag gathers no moss". A bag is always potentially in motion, and the more opportunities for motion the better. Bags Up!
        Oh that would be cool! And one in all shopping malls too. For the poor men who have to wait around for their partners to do the shopping. I wouldn't mind going shopping then.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
          • Sep 2009

It seemed like it had a bit of a hardness and a Snap/Crackle/Pop to it. That's how it's getting to be here in the mornings and the evenings. I have to say I like it, but I use my gloves there - and since I'm new I deflate some.

There comes a time where you don't hear the swivel so much as the taps and the rebounds. When the bag is crisper like that it seems to urge more precision.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

After the tour you should get all these different clips together and write a song for them.....

"Baggin' in the USA"

Foreigner's gonna need a signature song anyway when the bag takes the stage with you, so you might as well start now. You can put some of the baggin footage in the accompanying music video.

You need to get one of the mosh pits in front of the stage to shout "Bags UP!" on cue, and hold their hands up. Better yet, give them all speed bags so they can hold them up when they shout. Maybe you jump in and do some crowd body surfing holding a couple of speed bags, then get back on stage. That would be a cool montage for a music video.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 10-20-2009, 03:30 PM.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• The Baggist
              Vert Baggin' Master
              • May 2009

NICE SHOT B.T.!!!! Historic Speed Bag Truck Footage!!!

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

"Have Bag, Will Travel"

I don't think there is anyone who has hit a speed bag in so many different locations in such a short period of time.

Wait, maybe another Guisness World Record to go with the 3-30' stick catch.

Comment

• bigpete405
                  • Oct 2009

Thats awesome. In the street of n.y.c. holding it down.

Comment

• metaldad
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2007

........"Start spreadin' the news...Spinssmash and crew...they've got that bag in there all filled with air and they're baggin it. The truck is parked and opened for busines and we are ...SMASHIN' IT(DAH..DAH DAHHH DAH DAHHH..DAH DAH DAHHH DAHDAHHHHH) NEW YORK NEW YORK!!!...........Ok ,like Michigan J Frog(Hello my baby, hello my honey etc.) I'm done....ribbit
                    sigpic

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                      ........"Start spreadin' the news...Spinssmash and crew...they've got that bag in there all filled with air and they're baggin it. The truck is parked and opened for busines and we are ...SMASHIN' IT(DAH..DAH DAHHH DAH DAHHH..DAH DAH DAHHH DAHDAHHHHH) NEW YORK NEW YORK!!!...........Ok ,like Michigan J Frog(Hello my baby, hello my honey etc.) I'm done....ribbit
                      Okay, I like it! I like it! We've got some spirit going around here!!

You could be the Lyrical Jesse James!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...