X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

Camcorder...

Got my old digital camcorder working. Testing it out....

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Alright. Great video angle and good lightening. A little more volume on the music will help us hear the music with the bag beat. Sounds like a good steady bag beat to the music. Nice new Camcorder.

Good Job!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

Reno, nice work. The platform looks solid too with that weight on top. Next time though angle the camera so we could see your posters on the wall better.

Comment

• goju
        • Aug 2009

much better vid reno.. good job fella

Comment

• ukspeedbag
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2007

Good rhythm RenoRattler. Your combo's are looking pretty smooth too!.

Comment

• The Baggist
            Vert Baggin' Master
            • May 2009

Nice punching Rattler, the vid looks great and the sound sincs up!!! I definitely agree with Atgatt about adjusting the cam for a better view of the poster on the right!!

Comment

• MikeTarheel
              • Sep 2009

Nice Work, Rat. I watch your vids because you are progressing Quickly and I am in behind you but I like to see your progress.

I also have a Question about the camcorder/what to purchase - I have Quarterly Taxes to pay here on Nov 2 and after that I would like to purchase a good cam to post up vids with some music - I have to do it with music.

I like the way you handle the mis-hits. You seem to maintain the pace and bring it right back into the beat. You seem comfortable beneath the board (which seems to have some weight atop it now v. other vids but I could be mistaken - I don't need weight on my board but I like how you have a Good Learning Pace and are starting to employ the combos.

I could barely hear the music on the vid, but you were making some which I could hear just fine. Nice Work, Rat.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Good job Rattler! You are taking it smooth, getting your flow and pace together! I too still need to calm down a bit when doing combos. It only helps you dial in the technique; then the speed comes.
                Just give a look at your reverse hits coming in and out of the FCPs. Your wrists seem to swing upward a bit too much and the bag almost looks "trapped" at the front side of the board. It stops rebounding as evenly. I'd try to punch "through" the front to the back a little more and come back with a reverse punch a little more "Straight On"......
                With that said, here's another great song to punch drum to. Give it a go! it's got a great simple straight "4 on the floor" drum beat and it is a slow to moderate pace.....(slow for straight triplet punching, moderate for the next punch speed of 16th notes).....
                Not to mention, these sisters are hot! And the band cooks! And Michael Derosier is one of my favorite drummers of all time!

Comment

• Jordan
                  • Jun 2009

wow really good stuff rattler... you got the basic hits down pretty much to a T, what kind of swivel are you using, I can't see in the vid, something is covering it?

Comment

• Biff
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Nice job, RR, good solid punching. I have to agree with SSP on the linking off the FCP
                    Originally posted by spinsmashpop
                    I'd try to punch "through" the front to the back a little more and come back with a reverse punch a little more "Straight On".
                    Same thing on the FDP ' ' RDP towards the end of the clip, punch "straight through" with both fists and then do the same for the RDP.

You are steadily improving. Keep at it.

EDIT: love the "do"
                    Last edited by Biff; 10-20-2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• RenoRattler
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Alright. Great video angle and good lightening. A little more volume on the music will help us hear the music with the bag beat. Sounds like a good steady bag beat to the music. Nice new Camcorder.

Good Job!
                      I wasn't really hitting to the music, I just like having it on when I workout.

Thanks!
                      Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                      Reno, nice work. The platform looks solid too with that weight on top. Next time though angle the camera so we could see your posters on the wall better.
                      It's got about 40 pounds of pennies on top of it now.

Haha, I'll have to make a new vid.....
                      Originally posted by goju View Post
                      much better vid reno.. good job fella
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                      Good rhythm RenoRattler. Your combo's are looking pretty smooth too!.
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                      Nice punching Rattler, the vid looks great and the sound sincs up!!! I definitely agree with Atgatt about adjusting the cam for a better view of the poster on the right!!
                      I'll get on that...
                      Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
                      Nice Work, Rat. I watch your vids because you are progressing Quickly and I am in behind you but I like to see your progress.

I also have a Question about the camcorder/what to purchase - I have Quarterly Taxes to pay here on Nov 2 and after that I would like to purchase a good cam to post up vids with some music - I have to do it with music.

I like the way you handle the mis-hits. You seem to maintain the pace and bring it right back into the beat. You seem comfortable beneath the board (which seems to have some weight atop it now v. other vids but I could be mistaken - I don't need weight on my board but I like how you have a Good Learning Pace and are starting to employ the combos.

I could barely hear the music on the vid, but you were making some which I could hear just fine. Nice Work, Rat.
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                      Good job Rattler! You are taking it smooth, getting your flow and pace together! I too still need to calm down a bit when doing combos. It only helps you dial in the technique; then the speed comes.
                      Just give a look at your reverse hits coming in and out of the FCPs. Your wrists seem to swing upward a bit too much and the bag almost looks "trapped" at the front side of the board. It stops rebounding as evenly. I'd try to punch "through" the front to the back a little more and come back with a reverse punch a little more "Straight On"......
                      With that said, here's another great song to punch drum to. Give it a go! it's got a great simple straight "4 on the floor" drum beat and it is a slow to moderate pace.....(slow for straight triplet punching, moderate for the next punch speed of 16th notes).....
                      Not to mention, these sisters are hot! And the band cooks! And Michael Derosier is one of my favorite drummers of all time!

I love love Heart. Such an amazing band, with great music. I have a huge crush on Nancy Wilson.

I noticed the way I was coming "up" at the bag as well. Video is an amazing tool. Now I know what to work on next.
                      Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      wow really good stuff rattler... you got the basic hits down pretty much to a T, what kind of swivel are you using, I can't see in the vid, something is covering it?
                      Everlast Pro chain link.
                      Originally posted by Biff View Post
                      Nice job, RR, good solid punching. I have to agree with SSP on the linking off the FCP Same thing on the FDP ' ' RDP towards the end of the clip, punch "straight through" with both fists and then do the same for the RDP.

You are steadily improving. Keep at it.

EDIT: love the "do"
                      Will do.

I haven't cut it in a week or two, way too long for me.

Comment

• RenoRattler
                        • Sep 2009

Question.

Does my platform look too high?

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
                          Question.

Does my platform look too high?
                          Not really. The belly of that bag looks pretty close to your mouth/nose. It's a bit hard to tell with the Camera up above the board looking down on you.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• RenoRattler
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            Not really. The belly of that bag looks pretty close to your mouth/nose. It's a bit hard to tell with the Camera up above the board looking down on you.
                            It is. I guess I just need to focus more on hitting from the backside.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by RenoRattler View Post
                              It is. I guess I just need to focus more on hitting from the backside.
                              It might be most appropriate to keep these intentions/observations among us Gents, I guess.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...