X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoRattler
    • Sep 2009

More practice....

Alright, even more practice. Still haven't gotten my camcorder setup, so still with the cruddy laptop webcam. I've been working on my RSP's, and a few combos, and just getting some elbows in on time.

I got a new bladder in my bag, it has a bit of a different shape so I've had to learn to hit it again. I also put some weight on top of the platform.

• MikeTarheel
    • Sep 2009

Nicer angle on this vid, Rat. I can see it better than the prior.

Good Grief, Man? How did you improve that much that quickly? (not that you were lousy in the last vid - but you have more fluid motion and you seem much more relaxed and comfortable with the bag in this one - like you have 'turned the page' and 'become' - which I'm not, I'm not there yet.

I'm Glad to see you have progressed so quickly. Keep It Going, Hombre!

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Very nice improvement, especially nice in single fist linking and the change overs between left and right hands behind the bag. The only thing I see, which isn't a big deal, is a bit of "pawing the bag" on the Front Straight Punch (FSP) which is especially noticeable with the Right Arm. Looks like your right arm comes up high and punches FSP kinda downward, hitting the front of the fist on the bag. It's not a big deal but it looks a bit funky. Elbow strikes look very good.

Good session all around.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Well done RenoRattler! Your elbow strikes are looking pretty good. Your hard work is paying off that's for sure.

Vini

Comment

• goju
          • Aug 2009

Very good Reno, look forward to seeing another vid with a better cam

Comment

• The Baggist
            Vert Baggin' Master
            • May 2009

Much improvement in such a short time!!! Great job Rattler!!!

Comment

• RenoRattler
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
              Nicer angle on this vid, Rat. I can see it better than the prior.

Good Grief, Man? How did you improve that much that quickly? (not that you were lousy in the last vid - but you have more fluid motion and you seem much more relaxed and comfortable with the bag in this one - like you have 'turned the page' and 'become' - which I'm not, I'm not there yet.

I'm Glad to see you have progressed so quickly. Keep It Going, Hombre!
              Ha, thanks! Some of it is the new bladder. My previous videos were with a deflated bladder in there, so any speed was not an option at all. The rest of it is all Alan's advice.
              Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Very nice improvement, especially nice in single fist linking and the change overs between left and right hands behind the bag. The only thing I see, which isn't a big deal, is a bit of "pawing the bag" on the Front Straight Punch (FSP) which is especially noticeable with the Right Arm. Looks like your right arm comes up high and punches FSP kinda downward, hitting the front of the fist on the bag. It's not a big deal but it looks a bit funky. Elbow strikes look very good.

Good session all around.
              I'll have to watch those Straight Punches from now on.
              Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
              Well done RenoRattler! Your elbow strikes are looking pretty good. Your hard work is paying off that's for sure.

Vini
              Thanks man. I hope that with time I'll be hitting with the rest of you guys.
              Originally posted by goju View Post
              Very good Reno, look forward to seeing another vid with a better cam
              I just need to find my firewire cable, or buy a new one. But if I'm gonna spend $30 bucks on something, I would rather it be a new bag instead of some electronic equipment that I know I already have somewhere.....
              Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
              Much improvement in such a short time!!! Great job Rattler!!!
              Thanks!

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Great improvement Rattler!!. Love the DBZ poster. Gojeta right? Get that camcorder when you can. 'til then I'm happy with the webcam.
                sigpic

Comment

• RenoRattler
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Great improvement Rattler!!. Love the DBZ poster. Gojeta right? Get that camcorder when you can. 'til then I'm happy with the webcam.
                  Haha, yep. I found it at Walmart of all places. I was looking for posters to put up and I had to get it. Eventually I will have the whole wall in the exercise area of the garage covered with posters.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Yeah.... quick improvement! You must be putting in considerable hours! Great positioning, very balanced looking.
                    BAG ON!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...