• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

metaldad at it again

got a few more clips for your viewing pleasure and critique

I really need to work on keeping my arms and elbows up.
    sigpic
  • atgatt
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Met, you're hitting a bag as big as your arms and yet you can smack that thing as if is was a 6 x 4 bag. Seriously, you have some power behind those hits.

I am not about to critique it but to say it sure looked good to me through all the blur of the bag moving. A few mishits but in time those will smooth out. Those multiple hit sequences with the left elbow working hits through the right arm areas looked cool.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Everything looks very mch improved. I don't see any real errors other than keeping your "other" (non punching) arm up in position ready to enter.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Metaldad.... definitely improving! Maybe lay the elbow in to those O-DES's a bit. It's hard to see exactly what's happening, but from the angle it looks a little bit like you aren't getting the full sweet spot of the bag. If you moved not even a 1/2 inch closer, that might do the trick. I say this only if the way it looks is accurate. Maybe you are getting "all" of the bag with elbows, and I can't tell from the angle. But, with that said I do notice a level drop in the volume of elbow strike compared to the rest.
        And also try to "stick the last hits on your fist rolls". It seems like the bag wants to slow down a hair when you come out of a "blast beat" fist roll.
        Just a thought....Nice job though!!!
        I would like to see a clip at a nice slow Dee Pooler type speed, to see if you can control the bag in the same manner as you are in all the clips you've posted. From what I remember, most of your clips are around the same speed. Changing that up more may help solidify some of the combos....
        Your stance looks nice and solid! Just keep those arms up ready to blast!
        BAG ON!

Comment

• goju
          • Aug 2009

great job MD, keep up the good work bro

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Definite steady improvement, MD. BT makes a good point about the elbow strikes. I find myself doing the same thing. I have to get the elbow up and in position for a solid strike. Slowing the whole process down, allows me to do that. Once I feel that I have it, I crank it up a notch.

You have come a long way since your initial video debut. Nice job.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Thanks guys!!!! I keep getting to it as often as I can given my schedule. EVERYONE at this forum is sooo cool and I take all of your advice and critiques to heart and do what I can to improve daily. I must say, since I started posting vids, I've been really hungry to get to baggin' and go everyday, sometimes right before I get in my minivan(YepI got one) to go to work, sometimes as soon aa I put the minvan in park after I get home. I just don't have the time to spend a few hours at it like I want. But I'm getting out there just the same. Thanks so much for all of your support and tips in helping me get better! Alan, you didn't notice the "Texas" t-shirt?
              sigpic

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                • Sep 2009

I like the double-hits; that's something I look forward to developing as I follow the bible. It looks like you have the chain/link swivel (?), and I could never get mine going that smoothly with the chan/link. Nice Work.

Comment

• The Baggist
                  Vert Baggin' Master
                  • May 2009

METALDAD's been puttin in work!!!! Nice linking man.....soon you will be known as METALDAD aka "Link Meister"!! GREAT WORK MD!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                    .. Alan, you didn't notice the "Texas" t-shirt?
                    Busted! No I didn't. That million Dollar smile distracted me....
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
                      I like the double-hits; that's something I look forward to developing as I follow the bible. It looks like you have the chain/link swivel (?), and I could never get mine going that smoothly with the chan/link. Nice Work.
                      Thanks and yes that is the chain link swivel. I've got two. Maybe someday I'll go back to the plastic ball hook or get a metal ball hook just to try something different. Thanks for the compliment on getting it going smoothly, I still have a long way to go. With time you'll be just as or better yet twice as smooth. BTW I absolutely LOVEyour gym setup!!
                      Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                      METALDAD's been puttin in work!!!! Nice linking man.....soon you will be known as METALDAD aka "Link Meister"!! GREAT WORK MD!!!
                      Thanks Baggist!I'll keep at it and maybe we can bag to the entire "Are You Experienced?" album/cd/mp3/ I don't know what to call music formats anymore lol!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Busted! No I didn't. That million Dollar smile distracted me....
                      LOL. Maybe one day this smile will be worth a million!
                      sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...