• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpeedBagSkunk
    Speed Bag Skunk doesn't need a title, you already know

• Oct 2006

Ruffo's Gym Closed down!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sorrry to inform you guys this but hey what ca i say, i made a awesome facility got the word out there and people still wanted to be lazy and didnt wanna train. so oh well and had to take the next step in my life to not just sit around a gym waiting for people to come in.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Real sorry to hear that Skunk. Remember the old saying, "when one door closes, another opens." Closed doors are opportunites to to move forward. Good luck.

Comment

• ukspeedbag
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2007

That's real bad news Zach and I'm very sorry to hear it. You put so much into converting Ruffo's into something pretty amazing. It's a shame you couldn't relocate to somewhere else where the people ain't so lazy.

The very best of luck in the future mate.

Vini

Comment

• goju
        • Aug 2009

what a shame to hear that skunk.. all that time and effort down the pan,, time for a new chapter mate

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Zach, man that sucks! So much time and effort. This ain't the end though I feel you coming back even stronger on the next venture! Good Luck
          sigpic

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Bummer, man.

I don't know if this is the right place, but your recent "Skunk Practice" video is plain mind blowing:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You've out skunked Skunk on this one, I've watched it several times already with my jaw on the floor. This is art. Hollywood needs to take note and put you on the big screen, you push the boundaries of reality.

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Sad news Skunk! but you are a fighter you will come back stronger!

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                Bummer, man.

I don't know if this is the right place, but your recent "Skunk Practice" video is plain mind blowing:

You've out skunked Skunk on this one, I've watched it several times already with my jaw on the floor. This is art. Hollywood needs to take note and put you on the big screen, you push the boundaries of reality.
                Yes, Skunk is sick! A true boundary pusher!
                I wrote this on his youtube clip about the closing of the gym....
                =========
                "Sorry about the news Zach... But you are still you and new things will come your way, as they always seem to! Keep doing your thing and watch it happen around you!
                BAG ON!
                =========
                Zach.... if people aren't coming around to make the gym worth it in your area, then look at it this way; you were trying to keep the gym rolling based on other people being involved. There are no guarantees. So now you have time to figure out the next move without worrying about other people and their lack of commitment to that lifestyle. MMA requires crazy dedication and not everyone has the drive that you do.
                I personally am simply going to look forward to your next move, as I'm sure it will kick ass!
                Your bro, and fellow Psycho Speed Bagger!!!!

Comment

• The Baggist
                  Vert Baggin' Master
                  • May 2009

Zack you seem like you always got somethin cookin, so just keep the head up and focus on what's next and go for it!!!!

Comment

• Jordan
                    • Jun 2009

Sorry to hear that man...I would have totally been down to join up down if I lived down there, I can't seem to find a boxing gym around where I live

Comment

• BenzDo
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Sep 2009

Sorry to hear that man. You absolutely had the right idea. Location can be a real let down. Come up here to Jersey and people would have been all over it.

Keep your head up my man! This is the type of thing that builds character. Keep doing what you love doing and know that you have and continue to inspire your bag brothers out there.

Take good care and treat yourself to some oreos or something

Bag on,

Mike

Comment

• atgatt
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by SpeedBagSkunk View Post
                        Skunk, seeing your video confirms, you made one awesome facility! I don't know if it's the economy along with laziness. Maybe just the area. You had a great idea and the guts to carry it through. All of us tip our hats to you on that.

But you're a fighter in more ways than one. You're young yet, smart and have guts. Opportunities are still out there for people like you.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                          Real sorry to hear that Skunk. Remember the old saying, "when one door closes, another opens." Closed doors are opportunites to to move forward. Good luck.
                          Great saying, Biff. When one dream gets put "on hold" then maybe you just go back to sleep and get another dream. Your future is bright and you'll be back! Good Luck and keep punchin'!!
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SpeedBagScissorhands
                            Spin Master

• Aug 2008

bro what can i say? you gave it your best shot and had a kick ass gym. you followed your dreams. their loss ! on to bigger and better! scissorhands!

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                              • Sep 2009

Sorry to hear about that, Skunk. Your bag work is Truly Inspirational; I can't imagine why more guys in your area didn't come out to learn their skills.

I am in marketing and I wonder if you couldn't do some kind of demographic study on the next venture, whereby you could determine your age group, possibly even send out a mailer/survey/questionairre with no cost mail reply that could substantiate enough of a response to pencil it out to profit?

Is it strictly a boxing gym? Maybe you could determine if you'd have to add more things/equipment to entice clientele: even aerobics classes (gals bring the guys?). I don't know I'm just throwing out an idea.

Good to see a Young Guy out trying to Make It Happen.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...