• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

I'm still here!

Hello everyone, I feel I have to let my friends on the forum know I'm still about and I do pop into the forum from time to time to see what's happening. It's been a very busy year for me but, I'm still making time for the speed bag.

I have just ordered an Everlast adjustable platform, the same as Fingers. I'm tired of my old one vibrating, even with 25Kg of sand on top. Also, it'll be better for the kids, saves them having to climb up onto a dodgy wooden box I made.

Anyway, I promise to show my face around here a bit more, depending on my work load.

Take care guys!

Vini
    Rival 9x6. A bit slower than the smaller 8x5's but easier to control.
  • The Baggist
    Vert Baggin' Master
    • May 2009

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
    Hello everyone, I feel I have to let my friends on the forum know I'm still about and I do pop into the forum from time to time to see what's happening. It's been a very busy year for me but, I'm still making time for the speed bag.

I have just ordered an Everlast adjustable platform, the same as Fingers. I'm tired of my old one vibrating, even with 25Kg of sand on top. Also, it'll be better for the kids, saves them having to climb up onto a dodgy wooden box I made.

Anyway, I promise to show my face around here a bit more, depending on my work load.

Take care guys!

Vini
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yocy9QiuI2g
    NICE VINI!!!! Yeah I was watching your vid wondering how you were staying so smooth and consistent with that platform wobbling and that Rival bag(which I really like those bags but they really make you work.) I have the 6x4 and the 5x8 myself. I think you'll love your new platform. EVERLAST really hit a home run with that one!!!

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Nice one UK!! welcome back, i see you have got yourself a ballhook swivel i guess i will have to give one a try one day and see what all the fuss is about!! nice video do you get much use out of the cleto? all the best mate.

Comment

• deano
        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

hey UK, you havent been doing much punching because youve been drinking
        pints glued to the tele watching the bloody cricket ,havent ya.top vid ,faultless demo.the crickets over getback on the bag all the best deano

Comment

• metaldad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2007

Very nice Vini! Too bad that board wobbles so much. I figured it would have been more steady with the thickness of it and it being attached to the brick wall. Good luck with the Everlast. We all love it. Another member just got one and said it didn't come with hardware so be ready for that but the board is still top notch for the price. Great control of the bag by the way. You kept it nice and flowing. Didn't stumble once. Good stuff
          sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
            NICE VINI!!!! Yeah I was watching your vid wondering how you were staying so smooth and consistent with that platform wobbling and that Rival bag(which I really like those bags but they really make you work.) I have the 6x4 and the 5x8 myself. I think you'll love your new platform. EVERLAST really hit a home run with that one!!!
            It takes a lot more effort to keep them going, you can see this in almost every video.
            Originally posted by fingers View Post
            Nice one UK!! welcome back, i see you have got yourself a ballhook swivel i guess i will have to give one a try one day and see what all the fuss is about!! nice video do you get much use out of the cleto? all the best mate.
            Hello fingers, yeah, that ball hook is more challenging than the Title deluxe and it's cheap at £12. I enjoy the Cleto, because of it's size the board vibrates less. i call it the crazy bag, because of it's speed compared to the Title 8x5.
            Originally posted by deano View Post
            hey UK, you havent been doing much punching because youve been drinking
            pints glued to the tele watching the bloody cricket ,havent ya.top vid ,faultless demo.the crickets over getback on the bag all the best deano
            Lol Thanks deano
            Originally posted by metaldad View Post
            Very nice Vini! Too bad that board wobbles so much. I figured it would have been more steady with the thickness of it and it being attached to the brick wall. Good luck with the Everlast. We all love it. Another member just got one and said it didn't come with hardware so be ready for that but the board is still top notch for the price. Great control of the bag by the way. You kept it nice and flowing. Didn't stumble once. Good stuff
            Hello metaldad, Well I just got some bad news, they're out of stock therefore the order got cancelled. Well at that price, I'm not surprised they sold out.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Hey UK,

just keep in touch when you can. Once a bagger, always a bagger...
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                Hey UK,

just keep in touch when you can. Once a bagger, always a bagger...
                Thanks very much AK. Hope your keeping well.

UK

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Vini, nice to see you posting again. Always look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                    • Sep 2009

Good Grief! That is Some Mighty Fine Bag Work!

Comment

• goju
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
                      damn right.. i remember watching vini's vids on youtube before i found the speedbag forums.. very good bagger
                      Last edited by goju; 10-08-2009, 02:08 AM. Reason: spelling again.. damn its early ^^

Comment

• Kaju Dog
                        • Jul 2009

Fitting thread for this post...

Working my but off and been out of the loop a bit. IM BACK

I had taken a break from teaching at the NASL Base gym for a few months and just restarted the class this week. First night back and had 15 new students enroll

goodtimes... Just burning the candle at both ends at the moment.

Woof,
                        Dean

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
                          Thanks Mike. Check out my new Video, that's more impressive.
                          Originally posted by goju View Post
                          damn right.. i remember watching vini's vids on youtube before i found the speedbag forums.. very good bagger
                          Hey thanks goju!

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                            Thanks Mike. Check out my new Video, that's more impressive.

Indeed it is.

I don't know what I'm going to do around here. You guys do it so... seemingly effortlessly... fluidly... *I don't mean that as any kind of diminishment of your skills or the obviously dedicated effort you have put in, please don't think I mean that. I'm a bit in awe but I cannot duplicate those techniques just yet. I am glad to be able to see you all do them and give me something to strive toward.

I'm working at it. I do wonder if I've got any kind of talent sometimes.

Comment

• goju
                              • Aug 2009

hey mike, dont put yourself down fella.. ive only been at it roughly 6 weeks.. and im not all that myself mate. I sometimes feel the same, i look at the baggers here with awe and frustration.. because they make it look so damn easy lol .. then you have to realise that quite a few of the guys here have been doing it for years.. thats what keeps me going, knowing that sooner or later i might just be as good as them some day .. infact i WILL BE if i try hard enough.. Keep at it mike and you will be too..

Bagging is like eating a box of pringles...once you pop you cant stop

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...