• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Personalizing a store bought platform!

I am giving one of my older platforms to my kids and putting up the 2 newer WalMart Specials! It started with a little note around the swivel with a silver Sharpie. I added a design around the perimeter and figured why stop there!
    Then I thought that is was strange that not many of us have gotten more creative with our platforms. I like the all wood and all black look, but this is also cool. I am getting everyone to sign the one in the Speed Bag Truck now. But customizing them could be a real cool look for us baggers! BAG ON!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spinsmashpop; 09-23-2009, 03:40 AM. Reason: needed to edit!
  • goju
    • Aug 2009

oh nice pop.. looks real pukka

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks like a "Heavy Metal Speed Bag Board". Better save that puppy (and the board inside the Truck...) for display inside some Hard Rock Cafe, when Rock & Roll Baggin' becomes the bomb. They can show that board as the "...the board that started it all".
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Spin, you are very clever and artistic. I mean that and am truly impressed. It makes me wonder if I should have my sister-in-law who can draw with the best of them, customize my plain, black platform.

Comment

• Jordan
          • Jun 2009

wow, thats pretty cool....I wonder if theres not something people could put on top of the surface, once everything is drawn on to prevent the bag from eroding the writing, any thoughts?

Comment

• spinsmashpop
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
            wow, thats pretty cool....I wonder if theres not something people could put on top of the surface, once everything is drawn on to prevent the bag from eroding the writing, any thoughts?
            Wear it, tear it and start again!
            Haha... well yeah, I guess you could coat it with some kind of laquer....
            BAG ON!

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Hey Brian, you might be on to something here...customizing platforms!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Jordan
                • Jun 2009

yeah my sister actually does custom art to random things people want to put designs on, I might have to see what she thinks about it.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Hey Brian, you might be on to something here...customizing platforms!!
                  That's a good idea. When BT breaks out the bag and board on tour, the foreigner fans will demand a replica for their garages also. A board with the foreigner emblem or some tribute logo would be Rock and Roll memorabilia, especially for the bagger crowd. Especially if it comes with a "BT BAG"

You might want to talk to MJ about that....
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...