• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Speed Bag Truck: Sunset Freestyle and Spin

Workin' in a spin in Phoenix...I like the background as well as the sound of the bag and punching in this clip....
    BAG ON!
  • goju
    • Aug 2009

nice vid pop.. damn im laggin, need a bag at home

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by goju View Post
      nice vid pop.. damn im laggin, need a bag at home
      Thanks Goju. Where are your boards? I was just looking at your picture because I really like the wood squaring off your boards. I just got two of the same boards and am going to put them up attached to 2x4's. But I also was thinking of using some plywood like you. What kind of wood is behind your boards and why did you choose to do that?

Comment

• deano
        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

punching in the dark

hey Brian, you got another skill now,just like metal, you can punch in the dark.wow every vid i see of you there isalways big improvement ,keep going
        great to see deano

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Nice, crisp spin move. Beautiful background also. Your punching and combo's are really looking and sounding Solid!
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

great vid. the backround looks awesome it wud be fun to hit there!

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

I like th slow build up and then the full on fluid motion!Bag On!
              sigpic

Comment

• The Baggist
                Vert Baggin' Master
                • May 2009

Baggin into the sunset. Great shot Brian, sick speed, nice combos, nailed the spin!!!! I think you may also hold the title of MOST CITIES BAGGED IN!!! Heck when the Foreigner tour is over you should just keep the Speed Bag Truck on tour, call it "BAGIFIED" featuring SPINSMASHPOP and friends!!!!

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                  Baggin into the sunset. Great shot Brian, sick speed, nice combos, nailed the spin!!!! I think you may also hold the title of MOST CITIES BAGGED IN!!! Heck when the Foreigner tour is over you should just keep the Speed Bag Truck on tour, call it "BAGIFIED" featuring SPINSMASHPOP and friends!!!!

Looking good, as usual, Brian.

I just scraped my reply to this thread since the Baggist was a faster typist than me. You've criss-crossed the US and traveled through Europe. I was going to ask if you ever totaled up how many miles that bag has seen.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by deano View Post
                    hey Brian, you got another skill now,just like metal, you can punch in the dark.wow every vid i see of you there isalways big improvement ,keep going
                    great to see deano
                    Thanks a lot Deano!

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Nice, crisp spin move. Beautiful background also. Your punching and combo's are really looking and sounding Solid!
                    Thanks AK! I am not going to post another until it's longer and hitting everything I can do. I've got a lot of clips that are limited....
                    Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                    great vid. the backround looks awesome it wud be fun to hit there!
                    Yeah...thanks Kyle...that why I posted it. My spin got decent enough to post and the view was killer!

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                    I like th slow build up and then the full on fluid motion!Bag On!
                    Thanks Metaldad.... that's what I was going for. But I didn't get enough elbows in. Since then I did some real slow practice on some elbows, new linkings, and phantom punches into O-TES into fist rolls. I've already gotten better....

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                    Thanks Baggist! Bagified is great word! "Experience bagification and getting' bagified!"

Originally posted by Biff View Post

Looking good, as usual, Brian.

I just scraped my reply to this thread since the Baggist was a faster typist than me. You've criss-crossed the US and traveled through Europe. I was going to ask if you ever totaled up how many miles that bag has seen.
                    Thanks Bif! Sadly, the platform never got set up in Europe. We barely had time before the shows. The truck was small and quite often it wouldn't be near backstage. So I had to cold turkey speed bagging for 6 weeks! That was no fun.....And that is my excuse as to why I am not as good as I should be! haha...
                    I figure we've traveled around the country a few times.... probably near 10,000 miles or more.... I really couldn't say. But I've bagged from LA to Oregon, Seattle to Minneapolis to Ohio, Detroit to Boston and Conneticut to PA to Atlanta, Orlando to Mississippi to Houston and Dallas, New Mexico to Phoenix and Santa Fe, and back to many different parts of Southern CA. And we have a lot more touring to do in the states this year.
                    I wish I kept a record of all the cities bagged in.....
                    I may take a minute, look at an itinerary and make list of this....
                    BAG ON!

Comment

• Geronimo
                      • Sep 2009

Very nice video, love the Silhouette effect. The baggin' was just as nice. Good stuff.

Comment

• MikeTarheel
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                        Thanks Goju. Where are your boards? I was just looking at your picture because I really like the wood squaring off your boards. I just got two of the same boards and am going to put them up attached to 2x4's. But I also was thinking of using some plywood like you. What kind of wood is behind your boards and why did you choose to do that?
                        I have to read through the sticky on posting photos, but I have a board that sounds great and is solid as a rock - my carpenter hung it for me, you could do pull ups off it if you wanted to; it ain't going NOWHERE (but I don't do that because it could cause level issues, I guess).

I made it with 3 sandwiched (wood blue and bolts) pieces of MDF. Left it Square but Routed the edges. It doesn't vibrate on JOT. It sounds Great.

I know, I'm bragging (I'm feeling pretty good these days with the arrival of my new swivel and the SBB). Now I might just learn how to use it!!

Comment

• goju
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                          sorry for posting so late pop.. must have missed this thread my boards are located at a community center about 2 miles from where i live, so i only get a couple of hours a day there . Due to that, i feel im not getting enough time each day on the bag. I believe i could improve so much more if i had them at home. The two boards are placed on plywood and the ply is attached to thick plaster board. They seem to be holding well, but i would not like to place something heavy on top just incase they came crashing down on me while bagging lol
                          Last edited by goju; 10-08-2009, 02:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                            Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by goju View Post
                            sorry for posting so late pop.. must have missed this thread my boards are located at a community center about 2 miles from where i live, so i only get a couple of hours a day there . Due to that, i feel im not getting enough time each day on the bag. I believe i could improve so much more if i had them at home. The two boards are placed on plywood and the ply is attached to thick plaster board. They seem to be holding well, but i would not like to place something heavy on top just incase they came crashing down on me while bagging lol
                            Cool. But how is the plywood attached to the plaster board? And do you mean you bought 2 boards and "donated" them to the comm. ctr.? What if someone else is using them? Sorry, maybe i am missing something....
                            BAG ON!

Comment

• goju
                              • Aug 2009

The ply is attached to the plaster board with these..http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plasplugs-Self...QQcmdZViewItem

as for the boards.. they are mine and my sons.. no one else uses them, the only other few that use the comm center just use the walking machine / rowers / weights etc.. but i never leave by bags there as i take them home just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...