X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goju
    • Aug 2009

Finaly a vid

ok guys, ive finaly added a vid lol.. all hints and tips are greatly appreciated.. keep in mind that its only been 4 weeks learning hehe.. cheers

my first month trying to learn the speed bag

ive just uploaded this one as well, which is a bit longer and has a few more mistakes haha

Last edited by goju; 09-11-2009, 04:22 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by goju View Post
    ok guys, ive finaly added a vid lol.. all hints and tips are greatly appreciated.. keep in mind that its only been 4 weeks learning hehe.. cheers

ive just uploaded this one as well, which is a bit longer and has a few more mistakes haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R28mRM1hvTQ
    Hey Goju,

I can't write much I gotta run to work, but I'll be back. I see a lot of great stuff in Video 1, and can definitely see some talent! You are doing great for your length of time. You've got a few basic things like that arm level, fist motions etc, and you can definintely see a UP-DOWN pattern to some of your punching, particular double fist passing - but easy to fix. Look at :50-58 in your double fist passing, you do 10 double punches in a row, front to back. Look at the angle of your fists on the Reverse Double Punches (RDP) and you will definitely see an "upward" motion more than a straight motion. However, you are also rotating your fists on the RDP to maintain a Right Lead (actually, a complicated fist manuever for a bigger! good job on that..) and that Fist Roll over movement could be the cause of your upward angles.
    Also on the Front Double Punch (FDP) with the right hand lead the Right seems to be going "down, then under" and the left just follows.

Gotta run. Great videos! nice camera angle, height etc. Makes our job easier to help ya!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Hey Goju,

I can't write much I gotta run to work, but I'll be back. I see a lot of great stuff in Video 1, and can definitely see some talent! You are doing great for your length of time. You've got a few basic things like that arm level, fist motions etc, and you can definintely see a UP-DOWN pattern to some of your punching, particular double fist passing - but easy to fix. Look at :50-58 in your double fist passing, you do 10 double punches in a row, front to back. Look at the angle of your fists on the Reverse Double Punches (RDP) and you will definitely see an "upward" motion more than a straight motion. However, you are also rotating your fists on the RDP to maintain a Right Lead (actually, a complicated fist manuever for a bigger! good job on that..) and that Fist Roll over movement could be the cause of your upward angles.
      Also on the Front Double Punch (FDP) with the right hand lead the Right seems to be going "down, then under" and the left just follows.

Gotta run. Great videos! nice camera angle, height etc. Makes our job easier to help ya!
      Great job, especially for one month! You are obviously putting the time in. I was going to ask Speedbag, can Goju's bag come down a bit? For all this technique stuff, keeping the bottom of the bag at chin level really helps when throwing elbows and keeping the elbows out. The higher up, the quicker the fatigue. I recently raised a platform about 3 inches, and had to adjust my elbows to a higher focus point and it made everything more difficult. Just thinking.....
      Anyhow... great stuff, I couldn't do all that in my first month!
      Last edited by spinsmashpop; 09-11-2009, 05:00 PM. Reason: word missing

Comment

• goju
        • Aug 2009

Thank you so much spin and alan for taking the time to help me with my baggin.. i so appreciate it guys.. after watching my vid i can see so many things that im doing wrong, even so after watching your vids.. thanks again guys

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

One months work great stuff you must have put some hours in under the board mate!! nice rival bag.

Comment

• 10Alton
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • May 2009

Originally posted by goju View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R28mRM1hvTQ
            Good job. I dn't know about you but I've found that I have more cntrol of the bag if I don't wear gloves when I punch. You have the pass throughs and split fists after only one month? How much time do you put in to your workouts? Anyway good job and keep it up. Oh yeah, remember to stay loose. I hear that from eveyone.

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Great job for the short amount of time you've been at it!!Your skills are gonna improve fast!
              sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                Great job, especially for one month! You are obviously putting the time in. I was going to ask Speedbag, can Goju's bag come down a bit?
                Yes it could be a bit Lower.

in the second video it is pretty obvious the bag is a bit too high. Most of your misses were due to you fist(s) "sliding" on the bag hitting below the belly. That is mostly due to punching "upward", and from the reverse side your fist often hits lower underneath causing it to slide along the leather rather than hit into it. Kind of like a glancing blow. Your timing it way too good to allow poor bag position to interfer. If lowering the bag is a problem, get a small aerobic step to stand on, or put a 4x4 sheet of plywood on a few 2x4's to make a platform.
                Last edited by Speedbag; 09-12-2009, 10:17 AM.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• goju
                  • Aug 2009

Thanks again for the kind comments guys..
                  10Alton... i started to bag without the gloves yesterday, and your right you do get more control over the bag.. and i would say i spend about 2 hours a day on the bag.
                  Also ill try and get that platform down today to chin level Alan, though its a pain in the A** to move it. And ill work up keeping those elbows up today.

Think it could be time to buy your book Mr Obi-Kahn Kenobi hehe

cheers
                  Last edited by goju; 09-12-2009, 01:55 AM. Reason: added more comments.

Comment

• The Baggist
                    Vert Baggin' Master
                    • May 2009

You got some good advice to take in so I'll just say this........ If this is only a month into your speed bag career I can only imagine how good you'll be in 6 months...Great Job!!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...