X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Sambista, I respect you because you are doing your own thing from the ground up, not copying somebody else's work.

If you have not ran into this yet, keep an eye out for it. Using PLA for the base is fine for prototyping work. But the low Tg of PLA will cause it to deform due to friction if you punch on it fast/hard/long enough. Investigating other tougher 3D filaments can be lots of fun
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• dad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      Sambista, I respect you because you are doing your own thing from the ground up, not copying somebody else's work.

If you have not ran into this yet, keep an eye out for it. Using PLA for the base is fine for prototyping work. But the low Tg of PLA will cause it to deform due to friction if you punch on it fast/hard/long enough. Investigating other tougher 3D filaments can be lots of fun
      I never cease to be amazed at the amount of collective knowledge there is on this site and the willingness to share it. Great

Comment

• Sambista
        • Sep 2021

Thanks, Tom. That's kind of you to say.

I have ABS filament but no thermal enclosure yet, I also have PETG but couldn't get a good first layer. And I imagine shrinkage will differ at which point a couple of prints might be necessary to fine-tune the fit.

But I think in the short-term, I will just re-print in PLA the one I'm happy with to have some replacements ready to go.

Matt.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Sambista View Post
          Thanks, zaza/DizzyD! Glad it was of interest.

I guess I'm actually finished... kind of all of sudden. Here's a few photos to wrap up...

Photo of prototype #9 installed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-10-04 Matt ( speedbagsambista) • Instagram photos and videos.png
Views:	356
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	126749

Router-trimming one of the boards (old chipboard door):

Name:	Screenshot_2021-10-04 Matt ( speedbagsambista) • Instagram photos and videos(1).png
Views:	330
Size:	526.3 KB
ID:	126750

A stack of two chipboard and one solid elm board, ready for roundovers and paint;

Name:	Screenshot_2021-10-04 Matt ( speedbagsambista) • Instagram photos and videos(2).png
Views:	317
Size:	437.6 KB
ID:	126751

Putting it all together, I have my current setup:

Name:	Screenshot_2021-10-04 Matt ( speedbagsambista) • Instagram photos and videos(3).png
Views:	334
Size:	412.1 KB
ID:	126752
          Proto 9?!,
          The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

WoWWW, somebody else’s work, ok then

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Awesome to see another swivel maker!!! Cool to see some original ideas from you and showing your process.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...