X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antwan
    • Mar 2021

Speedbag bible

2 days ago i bought the E book version of the speedbag bible.
    i wanted to order the original one but it would take 3 to 5 weeks to deliver it and i wanted it right away
    i've done practicly every exercise in the book multiple times, even tough i was able to do a lot of them.
    i'm now about to start chapter 8, and really loving this.
    I made a little video where i (even tough i'm not there yet) i tried to threw in a couple of FDP SSP RDP from the left
    From what i've read and seen it's a difficult combination and i HAD to do it!!
    ​​​​​​​I'm getting more and more and more addicted to the speedbag and i'm open to any critique or advice ✌️
    i hope you enjoy the video...
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

Looking good, getting good control of that ball swivel (control before speed) wins every time. Love it, keep us posted

Comment

• Antwan
      • Mar 2021

I'm on instagram under @andyantwan , account is private but i'll accept any baggers✌️

Comment

• Antwan
        • Mar 2021

Originally posted by dad View Post
        Looking good, getting good control of that ball swivel (control before speed) wins every time. Love it, keep us posted
        Thx, and i will.
        been practicing 4way elbows chapter 8 from the speedbag bible today

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Antwan View Post
          2 days ago i bought the E book version of the speedbag bible.
          i wanted to order the original one but it would take 3 to 5 weeks to deliver it and i wanted it right away
          i've done practicly every exercise in the book multiple times, even tough i was able to do a lot of them.
          i'm now about to start chapter 8, and really loving this.
          I made a little video where i (even tough i'm not there yet) i tried to threw in a couple of FDP SSP RDP from the left
          From what i've read and seen it's a difficult combination and i HAD to do it!!
          ​​​​​​​I'm getting more and more and more addicted to the speedbag and i'm open to any critique or advice ✌️
          i hope you enjoy the video...
          Hey Antwan,

Where are you located? must be a long way off if a book would take 3-5 weeks.

On this video, color me confused but I did not see or hear any FDP ' SSP ' RDP from either side. I did see and hear the swivel clanking upwards, particularly on RSP at 26 seconds, with your left fist. Just after the Lead Downward Triple Double, your left fist passes to a RSP and clanks it, but I think that "clank" was more from the ball lifting up slightly and the shank of the eye-hook bashing into the housing, not so much the ball hitting the board. I heard that a few times in this video and my thought is you're still "fishing" for the continuous sweet spot in the rebounds. You hands and arms are still a bit wavy, hitting the bag in various rebound angles. note at 58 seconds your right fist FCP ' ' RSP...x2 the RSP clangs on both. Here is a screen capture of your contact.

Attached Files
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Antwan
            • Mar 2021

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Hey Antwan,

Where are you located? must be a long way off if a book would take 3-5 weeks.

On this video, color me confused but I did not see or hear any FDP ' SSP ' RDP from either side. I did see and hear the swivel clanking upwards, particularly on RSP at 26 seconds, with your left fist. Just after the Lead Downward Triple Double, your left fist passes to a RSP and clanks it, but I think that "clank" was more from the ball lifting up slightly and the shank of the eye-hook bashing into the housing, not so much the ball hitting the board. I heard that a few times in this video and my thought is you're still "fishing" for the continuous sweet spot in the rebounds. You hands and arms are still a bit wavy, hitting the bag in various rebound angles. note at 58 seconds your right fist FCP ' ' RSP...x2 the RSP clangs on both. Here is a screen capture of your contact.

Hello Mister Kahn, i'm from belgium and the website i looked on said estimated delivery time, 3 to 5 weeks.
            but i just send you a pm about that.

And i'm still very new to bible style speedbagging, so still searching everyday how to do things best. Your book has helped me a lot on the way. Started practicing bible bagging only in march. Using the speedbag for boxing since october 2020, so yes it's probably right you didn't see a FDP SSP RDP, as i said i tried.
            i'll keep practicing every day, i'm on instagram to if you're interested under the name @antwandy007, i'm one of your followers...
            I post videosdaily

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Hello Mister Kahn, i'm from belgium and the website i looked on said estimated delivery time, 3 to 5 weeks.
              but i just send you a pm about that.

And i'm still very new to bible style speedbagging, so still searching everyday how to do things best. Your book has helped me a lot on the way. Started practicing bible bagging only in march. Using the speedbag for boxing since october 2020, so yes it's probably right you didn't see a FDP SSP RDP, as i said i tried.
              i'll keep practicing every day, i'm on instagram to if you're interested under the name @antwandy007, i'm one of your followers...
              I post videosdaily
              You're doing amazing well if you just started in March! In less than a month you have made amazing progress! I wrote the book as a guide to learn the bag and also let you "read combinations and AIR-PUNCH them as you read." Do this Slowly. Personally I would not teach a more advanced combination as FDP ' SSP ' RDP to someone the first month, however everyone progresses at their own pace. I would suggest you slow down a bit on your race through the book, for as you try more advanced moves.. You can start "training bad habits" that have to unlearned later, such as dropping your hands a bit lower when you pass front to back FCP ' ' RDP, so the fists of the RDP travel in a more "upward" motion, driving the swivel upward. That is why 95% of your "clanking" was on RSP. They Key to advanced bagging really come off absolute control of Linking either or both fists of the Double Punches. Focus on that and I spent a lot of pages showing how the "lead" fist or "second" fist can link off each. A Triple Elbow Strike is nothing more than a FDP with an Elbow mixed in, and all the linking options are the same as FDP, SDP. (There is no elbow in RDP)

So for the FDP ' SDP ' RDP.. The key is this is a five punch combo. going R-L ' R ' L-R. Notice the lead fist of the FDP makes the SSP. You do this by a wrist flip actually. after it hits, the lead fist basically holds that position "slightly" extended after it connects. you DO NOT have to move it out further to the side (if you do, it will be late coming back..).
              After the second fist of the FDP hits, it passes to back. I normally drop that arm just bit to allow the SSP rebound to clear the forearm.
              As soon as that second (left) fist hits in FDP, that right fist, hanging out close to the bag just moves slightly into the arc of the bag, hitting SSP. This may actually look and feel more like a RSP, for they are very much the same, and at this point it doesn't matter IF the fist hits straight into the side or more toward the Reverse-Side, because the next two punches (RDP) come from the back anyway.

Now sitting there put your hands in FDP position and Do this NOW, as you read, with by just moving your fists. Notice that lead fist hits the pinky side of the hand, then the index finger area on the SSP.. You get that position by turning the wrist, not moving the arm. From the SSP, this combo then feels like your are Rolling your fists because the individual punches of SSP ' RSP ' RSP can feel like a 3 punch roll, ....and IF you SSP connects more toward the Side-reverse margin it may look like three RSP. I tried to see that in your video, but did not. That is ok. What I did see is pretty good control of SDP ' ' SDP. So from that practice going to RDP...... SDP ' RDP. Those last three punches are the same as the combo FDP ' SSP ' RDP The only difference is it does not include the FDP, but you already have control of that

You could also practice FDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' ' SDP ' ' ....repeat, as a way to practice the wrist flip to SSP.

Hope this helps! Keep Punching.

(seriously....Air-Punch this combo's sitting there, right now. get the fists movements down and the bag will do what it is supposed to do.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Antwan
                • Mar 2021

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

You're doing amazing well if you just started in March! In less than a month you have made amazing progress! I wrote the book as a guide to learn the bag and also let you "read combinations and AIR-PUNCH them as you read." Do this Slowly. Personally I would not teach a more advanced combination as FDP ' SSP ' RDP to someone the first month, however everyone progresses at their own pace. I would suggest you slow down a bit on your race through the book, for as you try more advanced moves.. You can start "training bad habits" that have to unlearned later, such as dropping your hands a bit lower when you pass front to back FCP ' ' RDP, so the fists of the RDP travel in a more "upward" motion, driving the swivel upward. That is why 95% of your "clanking" was on RSP. They Key to advanced bagging really come off absolute control of Linking either or both fists of the Double Punches. Focus on that and I spent a lot of pages showing how the "lead" fist or "second" fist can link off each. A Triple Elbow Strike is nothing more than a FDP with an Elbow mixed in, and all the linking options are the same as FDP, SDP. (There is no elbow in RDP)

So for the FDP ' SDP ' RDP.. The key is this is a five punch combo. going R-L ' R ' L-R. Notice the lead fist of the FDP makes the SSP. You do this by a wrist flip actually. after it hits, the lead fist basically holds that position "slightly" extended after it connects. you DO NOT have to move it out further to the side (if you do, it will be late coming back..).
                After the second fist of the FDP hits, it passes to back. I normally drop that arm just bit to allow the SSP rebound to clear the forearm.
                As soon as that second (left) fist hits in FDP, that right fist, hanging out close to the bag just moves slightly into the arc of the bag, hitting SSP. This may actually look and feel more like a RSP, for they are very much the same, and at this point it doesn't matter IF the fist hits straight into the side or more toward the Reverse-Side, because the next two punches (RDP) come from the back anyway.

Now sitting there put your hands in FDP position and Do this NOW, as you read, with by just moving your fists. Notice that lead fist hits the pinky side of the hand, then the index finger area on the SSP.. You get that position by turning the wrist, not moving the arm. From the SSP, this combo then feels like your are Rolling your fists because the individual punches of SSP ' RSP ' RSP can feel like a 3 punch roll, ....and IF you SSP connects more toward the Side-reverse margin it may look like three RSP. I tried to see that in your video, but did not. That is ok. What I did see is pretty good control of SDP ' ' SDP. So from that practice going to RDP...... SDP ' RDP. Those last three punches are the same as the combo FDP ' SSP ' RDP The only difference is it does not include the FDP, but you already have control of that

You could also practice FDP ' SSP ' ' SDP ' ' SDP ' ' ....repeat, as a way to practice the wrist flip to SSP.

Hope this helps! Keep Punching.

(seriously....Air-Punch this combo's sitting there, right now. get the fists movements down and the bag will do what it is supposed to do.

Thanks, i have punched the speedbag at least 3 days a week during boxing workouts so i kind of have had the basics figured out.
                it wasn't till last month i started seeing videos of you and art of the bag, since then its every single day i hit it.
                I'll definitly practice slower and try to control the easier combinations first, but it's kind of in my nature to push myself.
                It's the same with boxing.
                Thank you for all the help so far, i'll definitly use the advice!!!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Thanks, i have punched the speedbag at least 3 days a week during boxing workouts so i kind of have had the basics figured out.
                  it wasn't till last month i started seeing videos of you and art of the bag, since then its every single day i hit it.
                  I'll definitly practice slower and try to control the easier combinations first, but it's kind of in my nature to push myself.
                  It's the same with boxing.
                  Thank you for all the help so far, i'll definitly use the advice!!!
                  Now that I think of it.... you could also do this...

SSP ' ' ' SSP ' ' ' SSP ' RDP. This isolates the hardest part of that combination If you do the SSP with the Right fist, you can let the left fist hang out, extended behind the bag, waiting to come in to "lead" the RDP. you will need to learn how to let the arms extend to "wait" behind the bag and we do this by letting it drop down, "Just under" the rebound arc of the bag, so the bag doesn't hit it during a rebound. don't drop it too low. So it looks like this.

R ' ' ' R ' ' ' R ' L-R....

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...