• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KLunker18
    • Feb 2021

First post help please on setup!!

Hey everyone!
    im so glad I found speedbagging and this site. I’ve been going for about a month now and loving it! I bought The digital version of the Speedbag Bible and the DVD. Hope for the autographed book soon!

i haven’t been so hooked on an exercise since I learned how to fly fish. Speed bagging is amazing!

so I had a cheap ringside bag that started falling apart and upgraded to a Cleto Reyes. It feels amazing to my hand but the top leather loop is rigid out of the box and rather tight to the U holder in the swivel (please forgive my newbie lingo). Now on side fist strikes the bag loop gets caught on the U swivel piece. I’ve tried opening and working the stiff leather loop but unless I strike perfectly it gets stuck. Any suggestions? Should I switch to another swivel or ball altogether? Please let me know if my swivel is good I’m glad to change if there is a pure #1 swivel for Bible style.

I look forward to your help thanks!
    KLunker18
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by KLunker18 View Post
    Hey everyone!
    im so glad I found speedbagging and this site. I’ve been going for about a month now and loving it! I bought The digital version of the Speedbag Bible and the DVD. Hope for the autographed book soon!

i haven’t been so hooked on an exercise since I learned how to fly fish. Speed bagging is amazing!

so I had a cheap ringside bag that started falling apart and upgraded to a Cleto Reyes. It feels amazing to my hand but the top leather loop is rigid out of the box and rather tight to the U holder in the swivel (please forgive my newbie lingo). Now on side fist strikes the bag loop gets caught on the U swivel piece. I’ve tried opening and working the stiff leather loop but unless I strike perfectly it gets stuck. Any suggestions? Should I switch to another swivel or ball altogether? Please let me know if my swivel is good I’m glad to change if there is a pure #1 swivel for Bible style.

I look forward to your help thanks!
    KLunker18

Hello KLunker18. Welcome to speed bagging and this forum. It's always nice meet "newbie's" and we welcome your questions.

So, the answers to your questions is Yes, and Yes. Yes, the attachment loop on Cleto Reyes bags are very thick and stiff. Awesome bags BUT that attachment loop is daunting. And it doesn't matter what swivel it's on.. it usually is too thick. Most especially that narrow U-bolt you have in the picture. You will see those issues discussed here

https://speedbagcentral.com/speed-ba...#U-bar-swivels

So, the answer to all your second question is YES.... IMO you should get a Ball Hook Swivel. "Bible Style Bagging" can be done on any type of swivel, but it's easier on a ball hook because nothing in the swivel design or construction will influence the angle of rebound. Ball hooks are available from several "member sources" found here.

https://speedbagcentral.com/speed-ba...M-MADE-SWIVELS

At the moment of this writing, the Thrasher ball hook is readily available but the ARC swivel is currently on production hold. Sometimes you can find ballhook swivels of various designs on ebay. But I can tell you most of the ballhooks with a small "S" attachment will have a hard time with that Cleto attachment loop.

Originally posted by KLunker18 View Post
    Hey everyone!
    I know a guy who can help with that....

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2018

Welcome "KLunker18" a lot of good people with great information as you have already seen (The KING). The destination will always be there so just make sure you enjoy the journey. (IMO, There is no better fishing than Fly Fishing)

Comment

• KLunker18
        • Feb 2021

Thanks guys. I'm glad to see this forum exists! I'm not much of an online guy so this is great! I do Facebook because I Rescue Dogs and it's a great contact platform...but that's about it.

Speedbag- I'm blown away you were so quick to reply with perfect information and a warm welcome! I will DM for more learning materials for sure. I'm up to your "Putting it all Together" 8 combinations at the end of Chapter 10. I'm taking a day to learn each line and going to start the Line 3 Triple Triple today after work. It's amazing how much better I always am the NEXT day....lol. I just read a few articles about how the brain learns and completes memories during our sleep. This learning experiment is proving that to be true from my experiences.

FYI I purchased a Thrasher swivel and cant wait for it's arrival. I think the Cleto bag may work as it has a paracord fastener that looks pretty smart and accommodating.

This is all such a blast to me! I'm a single dad to14 and 13 yr old boys so anything I can find to get them off of the video games is a God send! They both have been hammering away at the bag and said they will help me with some videos. Maybe this is the thing that brings me up to speed in the digital age as well.

Dad and Speedbag thanks!! What type of Speedbag do you guys have set up right now? I'd love to know.

have a great day all.
        KLunker18

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

Only used 5 different bags but I really love my 6" x 9" Title Black easy on the hands and a great rebound.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...