Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My speed bag set up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My speed bag set up

    I took up the speed bag when I retired 7 years ago. They had one at my gym and I felt awkward and foolish when I first tried. But I got hooked and set one up at home. The Speed Bag Bible and some videos got me started, and I still find new goals to strive for. I'm 75 and swear the speed bag is the best exercise for me.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmybj3fzbz...09.33.mp4?dl=0

  • #2
    Nice looking setup and The Speed Bag Bible will take you everywhere you never dreamt of going. Enjoy the journey.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FLg8r View Post
      I took up the speed bag when I retired 7 years ago. They had one at my gym and I felt awkward and foolish when I first tried. But I got hooked and set one up at home. The Speed Bag Bible and some videos got me started, and I still find new goals to strive for. I'm 75 and swear the speed bag is the best exercise for me.

      https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmybj3fzbz...09.33.mp4?dl=0
      Love it man, May i suggest when you start hitting from all sides of the bag, That you get a Ball&S-hook swivel, Although because of the Mechanical design of the Chainlink and U-bolt, They are faster, But after a little while of hitting on a good Ball Hook swivel you won't miss the other designs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FLg8r View Post
        I took up the speed bag when I retired 7 years ago. They had one at my gym and I felt awkward and foolish when I first tried. But I got hooked and set one up at home. The Speed Bag Bible and some videos got me started, and I still find new goals to strive for. I'm 75 and swear the speed bag is the best exercise for me.

        https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmybj3fzbz...09.33.mp4?dl=0
        That's an awesome looking setup. Love that book set up.

        Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

        Love it man, May i suggest when you start hitting from all sides of the bag, That you get a Ball&S-hook swivel, Although because of the Mechanical design of the Chainlink and U-bolt, They are faster, But after a little while of hitting on a good Ball Hook swivel you won't miss the other designs.
        I agree with Ventanakaz. Eventually you'll want to move to a Ballhook swivel. Especially when you get into Chapter 9 "Side Techniques." That U-bolt causes issues with Side punching. It's possible, but way easier with a Ballhook IMO.
        Speed Bag

        Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...


        sigpic

        The Art of the Bag

        Comment


        • #5
          I tried a couple of ball hook swivels but they were noisy. Are there any quiet ones?

          Comment


          • #6
            The arc is virtually silent. Give the arcitect(rdshackleford)a holler. Also, the plastic Everlast ball hooks pop up on eBay every once in awhile if you want a test run. Local craigslist you can get lucky. Or if you have access to a drill press you can look into ball casters and spherical plain bearings. Sorry, I have a problem

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pete View Post
              The arc is virtually silent. Give the arcitect(rdshackleford)a holler. Also, the plastic Everlast ball hooks pop up on eBay every once in awhile if you want a test run. Local craigslist you can get lucky. Or if you have access to a drill press you can look into ball casters and spherical plain bearings. Sorry, I have a problem
              I 2nd that - Arc swivel is your best bet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Great Job and Looking Good and Moving Great(Especially for your age) I turned 60 last year and hope I'm doing as well at your age

                Comment

                Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...
                X