X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3dvrmonster
    • Sep 2020

Progress journal

I'm going to try to keep a progress of my journey here. My first youtube post is for this reason. I purchased the speed bag bible, and I've improved overnight after watching dvd 1. I have martial arts training, but no speed bag training. I'm trying to get back in shape, as I'm about to be over the hill! Turns out the speed bag is an addiction I now love! I will update this post over time. ☮️

Day 1 https://youtu.be/CIMTgDZW2u8
  • 3dvrmonster
    • Sep 2020

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
      • Sep 2020

Comment

• Zaz
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2018

Looking really good! Making good progress!

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
          • Sep 2020

Thanks! I have the basics down to the point it is a complete joy just to bang on the bag. I have a 6 x 9 kangaroo bag I hope arrives this weekend. Slightly larger, so maybe that will help me land the more advanced combos. I can get elbows to land, but not consistent at all. My reverse double punch is also not good. I know I need to work on flowing through the bag with doubles from front and back, but I currently suck at it ha! I should say I can do reverse double punch, but on a 5 x 8 bag I have to wait 4 rebounds. It's just too fast I think for me right now.

When I get my new bag I'll do another update. I appreciate the feedback!
          Last edited by 3dvrmonster; 10-22-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• dad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2018

Nice work, really good progress. I will never claim to be an authority on speed bagging I'm still a rookie on the block so I will leave that to others but after all my years on a speed bag and finding "The Speed Bag Bible" if there's one thing that helped (me) the most it was that --- speed will never equal control but control will always equal speed. Enjoy the addition 3dvmonster and please keep us posted.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dad View Post
              Nice work, really good progress. I will never claim to be an authority on speed bagging I'm still a rookie on the block so I will leave that to others but after all my years on a speed bag and finding "The Speed Bag Bible" if there's one thing that helped (me) the most it was that ---

speed will never equal control but control will always equal speed. Enjoy the addition 3dvmonster and please keep us posted.
              Could not have said it better. Nice...
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

October 15, 2020 day 9 - YouTube
                https://youtu.be
                New bag is a title black classic (kinda lopsided), but best bag I have yet to try. New thrasher mount thanks Jeff! I also added 2 layers of maple plywood to ...

That looks and sounds much better
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
                  • Sep 2020

Ok I got the crud, so my days are gonna be off now. Almost over it, and then I'll be back to training. I'll try to post the videos as soon as I shoot them to better keep up with timeline.

Anyway here is new everlast kangaroo bag size 6 x 9. Also new arc mk.II swivel. The bag here is nice, but it has a kind of nipple on the bottom that protrudes more than title classic black I've been using. Makes it harder to go through the bag and back I find. I may just need to get use to it.

I crossed my arms the other day, and I noticed a prickly feeling. I looked on my fists, and I see I have managed to punch most the hair off the side of my fists lol. That normal? I'm trying to work on fist control, and I know I should be using my pinky knuckle to make proper contact. Pretty funny though they look shaved on the sides!

Also just a side note I never intended on doing videos, so I know my room setup is not so good for videos. I am on the side of the platform against the wall, and my left elbow is slightly cramped. I'd like to have light underneath for better platform/ bag lighting. I am working to improve this for future videos.

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
                    • Sep 2020

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
                      • Sep 2020

It took 5 videos atleast to get this one. When video is not running I do better. When video is on I screw up ALOT more. Go figure! Anyway I got downward elbow strike down pretty well. It just clicked one day.

I had someone watch me that saw me a month ago while I was training, and the look on their face when I turned around was priceless! I did exceptionally well showing all my techniques with great speed, and control. I turned around to a jaw dropped open mouth haha. I said have I gotten better they said O YEAH THAT WAS AWESOME! I can't wait to watch this in a year to compare my progress.... If our country is still in one piece that is.

Comment

• BagBoy
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2018

That is some definite improvement. You're on your way and don't be hard on yourself because it's obviously coming to you and the time spent will pay off. And is! Downward was my first elbow action too.
                        Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• 3dvrmonster
                          • Sep 2020

Progress update. Getting better. Also Happy New Year!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210101_204637.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	123845

Comment

• BagBoy
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2018

Things are coming together. No doubt about it!
                            Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...