Progress journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress journal

I'm going to try to keep a progress of my journey here. My first youtube post is for this reason. I purchased the speed bag bible, and I've improved overnight after watching dvd 1. I have martial arts training, but no speed bag training. I'm trying to get back in shape, as I'm about to be over the hill! Turns out the speed bag is an addiction I now love! I will update this post over time. ☮️

Day 1 https://youtu.be/CIMTgDZW2u8

Comment

Comment

Looking really good! Making good progress!

Comment

Thanks! I have the basics down to the point it is a complete joy just to bang on the bag. I have a 6 x 9 kangaroo bag I hope arrives this weekend. Slightly larger, so maybe that will help me land the more advanced combos. I can get elbows to land, but not consistent at all. My reverse double punch is also not good. I know I need to work on flowing through the bag with doubles from front and back, but I currently suck at it ha! I should say I can do reverse double punch, but on a 5 x 8 bag I have to wait 4 rebounds. It's just too fast I think for me right now.

When I get my new bag I'll do another update. I appreciate the feedback!
          Last edited by 3dvrmonster; 10-22-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Nice work, really good progress. I will never claim to be an authority on speed bagging I'm still a rookie on the block so I will leave that to others but after all my years on a speed bag and finding "The Speed Bag Bible" if there's one thing that helped (me) the most it was that --- speed will never equal control but control will always equal speed. Enjoy the addition 3dvmonster and please keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by dad View Post
              Nice work, really good progress. I will never claim to be an authority on speed bagging I'm still a rookie on the block so I will leave that to others but after all my years on a speed bag and finding "The Speed Bag Bible" if there's one thing that helped (me) the most it was that ---

speed will never equal control but control will always equal speed. Enjoy the addition 3dvmonster and please keep us posted.
              Could not have said it better. Nice...
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

October 15, 2020 day 9 - YouTube
                https://youtu.be
                New bag is a title black classic (kinda lopsided), but best bag I have yet to try. New thrasher mount thanks Jeff! I also added 2 layers of maple plywood to ...

That looks and sounds much better
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...
                X