X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cazbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Thanks Zaz, BagBoy, and Rusty! I was feeling the fluids a bit. I found staying lose is bout the only way I can keep up with that fast as hell little Roni bag on the Arc. No resistance and super responsive!

Comment

• Jim Walker
      • Dec 2018

Nice job Cazbag and everyone else posting videos.

Here is Speed Bagging with a few elbows

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

nice!
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Zaz
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Jim Walker View Post

Nice job Jim!

Comment

• Cazbag
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2018

Great friggin set Jim, making that Bradley look very smooth!!

Comment

• horriefic
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2020

Lots of inspiring videos here. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

:56 - 1:02 Great "Double Split Fist" combo, (Having the fists changes sides of the bag during the split fist combo...keep them split while doing it..... I see you know the trick!)

1:42... Looks live a "Reverse-Side Double Punch" (R-SDP) [ at 1:40 your LEFT passes thru Front Circle Punch to Reverse Single Punch (FCP) ' ' (RSP) and the right first goes to rt side of bag and comes back in on "1" rebound (FCP) ' ' (RSP) ' (SSP)....creating the R-SDP. Did you do that on purpose....??

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jim Walker
                  • Dec 2018

Yea, I accidentally did that double split fist switch one day, then had to figure out how it happened. The switch can be done off a front or rear rebound.

On the R-SDP everything was intentional after attempting to go into it with a screw-up at 1:36. It looks like I did the R-SDP at least twice with one from each side. I practice it a lot. I might have felt like I was losing it at 144 and sort of slapped it into a forward roll.

Thank you for your input!

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jul 2019

Great job Jim,I love watching and learning from your videos. Thanks

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jun 2019

Hello all, thanks for all the great vids. I’m staying home practicing this phantom punch sequence today. This is day three or four. I’m still in a bigger bag with it, it should start popping up my sets soon.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Yea, I accidentally did that double split fist switch one day, then had to figure out how it happened. The switch can be done off a front or rear rebound.
                        Yep. Secret is which ever side you start from the fist hits twice in a row (either back to front, or Front to back) to maintain the double bounce beat (2 rebounds) You did it great.

On the R-SDP everything was intentional after attempting to go into it with a screw-up at 1:36. It looks like I did the R-SDP at least twice with one from each side. I practice it a lot. I might have felt like I was losing it at 144 and sort of slapped it into a forward roll.

Thank you for your input!

Awesome to know you understand that R-SDP. So, you understand how to go from the " Front Circle Punch to Side Single Punch" [ FCP ' SSP = Side Double Punch_SDP)

" and Reverse Single Punch to Side Single Punch [ RSP ' SSP = Reverse-Side Double Punch (R-SDP)

You can use the ability to go to a Side Single Punch (SSP) from either the front or back to also go directly to a Side Double Punching Combination from a Front Fist Roll (F-Roll) or a Reverse Fist Roll (R-Roll).

AT :27 you did one Side Double Punch combo (SDP ' ' SDP), and you did this after a few individual Side Single Punches (SSP) ' ' (SSP) at :23 seconds. Note your Right fist does a few FCP ' ' SSP and then your alternate Left ' ' Right... then you do SDP ' ' SDP at :27 I did not see any other SDP ' ' SDP combinations but that shows me you can do it and now you can add a new intro to that come.

From the Front Front Fist Roll (F-Roll): Let the "last fist of the Roll" be a SSP. This is pretty easy. I'll use the Right Fist in this example: as your do the F-Roll, The LEFT fist connects and as it does you slightly flip your right wrist down and around to bring the Index finger area into the side panel of the bag instead of the little "pinkie" finger on the front of the bag. This is a very subtle wrist move, not a large arm movement.. This happens as your left fist hits the bag. You roll your right wrist to bring the index finger-thumb area in the SSP position. this SSP is now the last fist of the F-Roll because it happens on "one rebound". As the Right Fist connects the SSP, the Left fist goes out to the left side of the bag in position for the SDP. The Right fist hits the side of bag, then the right fist hits again in the front (2 rebounds) to lead the R-L_SDP. then you can keep SDP ' ' SDP ' ' ...etc.

The easiest way to write this is: F-Roll ' SSP ' ' SDP ' ' SDP (R ' L ' R ' L ' R ' ' R-L ' ' L-R ' ' .)..

AND you can also do this from a Reverse Fist Roll (R-Roll) Let the Last fist of the R-Roll be a SSP. Same wrist move....

R-Roll ' SSP ' ' SDP ' ' SDP (R ' L ' R ' L ' R ' ' R-L ' ' L-R ' ' .)..

This little move lets you go directly from any fist Roll to the SDP ' ' SDP combination.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK, so you can exit the SDP ' ' SDP combo by using the move of the Side-Reverse Double Punch (S-RDP) which is Rarely done by itself but it's great to go from SDP ' ' SDP to Reverse Fist Rolling. Because a Reverse Single Punch (RSP) easily follows a SSP after one rebound.. Very few baggers I've seen actually work on the S-RDP but it is very useful in this specific instance.

You do this by knowing the "lead fist" of the SDP will flip under the second fist to create the RSP. Think about it. "usually" the lead fist of a SDP hits the front-side panel of the bag. AS the second fist hits the SSP, that lead fist just passes through and comes up for RSP. that means you just did the SSP ' RSP = S-RDP

Normally I would write this without showing the S-RDP. SDP ' ' SDP ' R-Roll ( R-L ' ' L-R ' L-R-L-R....) because that Right SSP in actually in "Both" techniques L-R_SDP and R-L_R-SDP,

Anyway, just a few things to expand you combinations.
                        Last edited by Speedbag; 06-14-2020, 04:08 PM.
                        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DizzyD
                          • Jun 2020

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and also new to the speedbag. I bought my bible in April and really enjoy the training and all the great videos and tricks you guys show here. Hope I can be that good one time. As I said, I am just a beginner with all of this, so I hope the video-upload will do

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

Nice vid and nice boxing art wall!
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by DizzyD View Post
                              Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and also new to the speedbag. I bought my bible in April and really enjoy the training and all the great videos and tricks you guys show here. Hope I can be that good one time. As I said, I am just a beginner with all of this, so I hope the video-upload will do

https://youtu.be/yp3qVaTZ4aI
                              Hey DizzyD, Welcome to the forum.

You are off to a great! Nice mix of combinations. Pretty smooth linking off the outward elbow strikes.

Pretty cool setup up there. Never seen a board and mount quite like it. Sounds solid.

And what a great wall behind you! Cool layout! Good job!

Don't be shy. ask questions and post some video's for help!
                              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DizzyD
                                • Jun 2020

Thanks for your comments. The setup is a special one :-) I use a free-standing-System for kids (cause the ones for adults are to high for my low-ceiling cellar). I mounted the speedbag-Plattform on the heavy-bag side, added some wood and fixed it with mats under the ceiling. works fine, but is still very noisy. Right now I’m just building a new bag shack. Was inspired by bagboys outside bag-barn, really a great setup

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...