• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaz
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post

I was wondering the same thing.Instead of buying both speedballs , should I just get the pro ball ?
    I got the Standard Bradley only because i found it on Ebay at a very good price... I don’t regret it But if i had to pay the full price i would have spend a few more dollars to get the Pro Ball instead.

Comment

• Zaz
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
      WoW! The size difference is huge

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

WoW! The size difference is huge
        And oh so fun to hit! If you go back through my practice clips Im hitting that 4213 while that elbow technique or combination (I still get the mixed up) is evolving. First get comfortable with the double bump straight punch by itself, that won’t take long. That double bump actually gives you more time to get the opposite arm’s elbow into place for the next strike. So, now follow the double bump with the other arms elbow and fist, that gives you time to get that first fist back for the last strike. I’ll try to notate it, hopefully it will be decipherable?

Obviously you can just switch the hands to do either side. If you get this exercise down it’s not a far leap to add the extra couple bumps in on the elbow strike and one more at the end.
        Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 10-15-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

To me, it looks like the way you do the double bump straight punch is two quick but distinct straight punches. Have you tried my technique of a single motion, single straight punch with a double hit & rebound? The technique I like to call Zombieland Double-Tap?
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            To me, it looks like the way you do the double bump straight punch is two quick but distinct straight punches. Have you tried my technique of a single motion, single straight punch with a double hit & rebound? The technique I like to call Zombieland Double-Tap?
            The way it feels when I do it is I just freeze my fist or elbow as soon as I make contact on the first bump, let the bag do the work on the second bump. I’m not sure I could pull the whole thing off ‘zombie land double tap’ style? I’ll grab a 4213 off the wall this weekend and give it a go slow.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

I had tried to do double bumps your way, but they really hurt my shoulders that way. Very frustrating.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Mickey Dix
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jul 2019

Mickey, they are both great speedballs, but you are going to buy one, get the Pro Ball. I would suggest you contact Nick in the sales department. He has been extremely helpful to me. It seems in Australia they are mainly concerned with maxing out, or just seeing how many times they can hit the speed bag in a set time. I guess hits per minute? So, a balanced speed bag isn’t nearly as important for that style of hitting as it is for ‘this thing of ours’.

Contact Nick and if let him know you are one of us. I’ve already explained why it’s so important for us to have predictable rebounds, so he understands all that. Just tell him you would like the closest to a perfectly symmetrical and balanced Pro Ball available. He will instruct you from there.
                Thanks zaz and LouisvilleBagr for the reviews and all the contact info for Bradley Speedballs. I will definitely contact Nick for my purchase.

Comment

• LouisvilleBagr
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Zaz View Post

That little 'double bump elbow strike thing' is very impressive!!! I am unable to do this for now but hopefully, i will be able with more practice.
                  See if you can follow me here, Zaz

Comment

• Zaz
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give me tips and exercises, i appreciate. I tried the double punch straight bump and i got it fairly quickly. Didn't try with the elbows but for now i can do (FCP)'(FSP)'(FSP)'(FCP)''' or (DES)'(FSP)'(FSP)'(FCP)''' with FSP with the right fist, the FCP and DES with the left fist or vice-versa.

Comment

• Zaz
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2018

The way it feels when I do it is I just freeze my fist or elbow as soon as I make contact on the first bump, let the bag do the work on the second bump. I’m not sure I could pull the whole thing off ‘zombie land double tap’ style? I’ll grab a 4213 off the wall this weekend and give it a go slow.
                      I tried both ways and i find it easier to get a strong rebound on the second "bump" by throwing 2 quick distinct punches, but doing it in a single motion feels more natural to me and i have more stamina when i do the double punch straight bump in a single motion. Both ways are effective, just a matter of personal preference.
                      Last edited by Zaz; 10-17-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Cazbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

Holy hell is that Rocky IV training montage music?? I'm in the mood to fight communism now!

Comment

• Cazbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

Dragooooooooo!

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

You guys are killing me. Posting vids with rocky music. And here I sit with my arm in a sling under strict orders to rest.
                            Remember the scene in Rocky IV where he was in his driveway washing his Black Lamborghini Jalpa? By random chance the day I first saw that movie in the theater, I was wearing that exact same outfit. All my friends were there with me and I got some ribbing. But I thought it was really cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DA50197C-E2C8-4ED5-8788-79F4E7744915.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	116502
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

Click image for larger version

Name:	277F67DF-7328-402A-9CB8-146DA892C60A.jpeg
Views:	401
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	116505
                              Attached Files
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Sep 2018

That is pretty cool! I can remember watching that in the theater as well... I was 5 or 6! Was it just a crazy coincidence with the outfit?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...