• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Actually, I would say it is the next step in your maturity. Quit trying to do "..what everybody else" did. The truth is, we don't really know what they did, - only what they said they did, or what somebody else said they did - and their time, obligations, life's goals, cost of living, professional sponsors paying for their training.... etc. were probably all different from yours.

You now have other obligations in life that dictate it is no longer "all about me". My suggestion is: simply create a challenging workout with goals that is interesting, you enjoy and can be done within the time life allows. Then enjoy the family, kids and your precious time with them.

when your kids get old enough to join in with you at some level, it will all be worth it. Unless you are getting paid or make a living for your fitness, or "your look" or whatever physical abilities you are striving for, Cheating them now for the sake of "your extended workout" is pointless in my opinion.

Had I left the weight room, racquetball courts, dojo a little earlier each day, perhaps I would be sitting here post op of my 15th joint operation.

(..and don't get me started on the speed bag....)
    Point well taken!! it goes hand in hand with what I said about "observing the the reality of my surroundings" I should have also added "acceptance" which is more important than just "observing". Thanks Alan!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
      Point well taken!! it goes hand in hand with what I said about "observing the the reality of my surroundings" I should have also added "acceptance" which is more important than just "observing". Thanks Alan!!
      ...Been there, done that myself.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        ...Been there, done that myself.
        ...Which is why I'm glad to be in this forum
        sigpic

Comment

• Roscoe
          • May 2006

Metaldad

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          I have a time demanding job, a wife and three small children ages 2 months, 2 years and 5, so I have to accept doing what I can when I can.This is the reality.
          You are truely blessed...make the most of it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...