• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Forum slow ?

Is it just me, or is the forum sometimes slow lately ?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Is it just me, or is the forum sometimes slow lately ?
    Do you mean "slow" in....fewer posts

or do you mean slower in longer hourglass, wait times between clicks or moving around forum topics.

As far as the first, yes it is slow but there is always an ebb & flow to forums. Fewer new members joining for a while and longer term members going elsewhere. It happens. Most of the members involved in the big discussions of two years or three years ago are gone. Some of the more prolific posters of yesteryear have found other interests. Speed bag training, or talking about it - may have fallen off in their life for a while. I've been here 8 years and I'd say every two years or so is a whole new cast of active forum members. I think a lot of people get their fix of "I'm interested I want to know more..." from youtube video's. They can find anyone of 50 or so "how to video's" now that can give them enough information, right or wrong, to scratch their need to know itch, and they're done. They got all they wanted or needed for the moment. I'm pretty sure a lot of people read this forum, just not join or post. I often see "11 or 12 people reading" online but no posts. ebb and flow. right now, its an "ebb".
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Actually, I meant sometimes the pages seem to hang for a while before displaying. Not every day, just sometimes. Right now everything is working fine.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Site runs fine for me...as far as posts, it does seem slow. Hope it picks up as we approach the SPEEDB.A.G. V!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rehamco1
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2013

Slow forum

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
          Site runs fine for me...as far as posts, it does seem slow. Hope it picks up as we approach the SPEEDB.A.G. V!
          hI I am learning how to upload videos onto u tube so can get them on the forum myself. SWFL has been posting the videos I have on now.I am still very interested in learning new moves. think there are a lot of people watching the forum and learning from it and just not registering. I hope some of them decide to register and take full advantage of all the knowledge that is available free on the forum. we all have to start on the speed bag journey at the beginning....and it is a much more enjoyable journey for me with all the help and support I have gotten and am still getting from all the wonderful people on the forum. I will post more when I learn more thank you.

Comment

• rehamco1
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2013

upward elbow

Originally posted by ventanakaz
            Maybe I should post a slow vid of the one I have on here, just to show the hits. Like the upward elbow. I'll try to get something up next week or I could do a quick one of me smashing the fighting sports or cleto reyes bag ???
            yes please I for one would like to see a s l o w video showing the hits and I bet a few more people reading this forum would like to see it to.

Comment

• swfl
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2013

A slow 4 way would be nice to see. Roge is working on it..

Comment

• Jake
                • Mar 2011

With the good weather here, I have found myself outside working and playing a lot more. My new puppy Jack is keeping me busy too. Haven't been under the board much lately, but the other day I was hitting and found myself hitting really well. Accurate striking with power, pretty effortlessly. Maybe taking a little break was good. Or maybe getting back into lifting weights a little has helped.
                Attached Files

Comment

• rehamco1
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2013

elbows

...From what I remember, your starting to do elbows, do you want me to post a slow 4-way elbow ?
                  Yes I would like to see any elbow hits....don't know how many different ways there are to hit with elbows...how many different ways are there to hit with elbows...???? thank you

Comment

• swfl
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2013

What a good looking puppy.

Comment

• rehamco1
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Aug 2013

...i'll try to show you next week, that's when i'll get a vid up.

thank you :d

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...