X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbally
    • Jan 2013

Mancation is Set 16 May through 21 May

At this time it appears that Mancation will happen from May 16th through May 21st.

Preliminary travel appears to be…..

Grand Junction to Grand Canyon Village AZ….. Staying in Flagstaff first night

Flagstaff to Kingman on old 66… then on to quartzsite az

Quartzsite to Socorro NM. Longest day….

Socorro to Grand Junction, CO running red mtn pass….. (This day may be broke into two days depending on the weather and how everyone is feeling.

Remember the rules of Mancation….

We ride…..

No Whinning… (We do not stop for mani-pedi’s ever… we do stop for booze)

Chicks (Last year a chick rode with… it appears they are welcome as they can possess the same attitude of the first two rules, so it works out.)

You are free to break off at any time…. The object is enjoyable miles, if your idea of enjoyable is different mine have at it on your own. Guy Rules…. Nothing personal if you go off no one will be hurt nor should feel you have to stay. (Guys rules= beer after three years still “friends”)

Idea of the miles is to see lots of things from astride the bike…… and stop minimally

Staying very south this year….. warm weather….. after this winter it is what I am interested in….

Remember the route changes depending on time we make and conditions…..
    sgt
    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

• bbally
    • Jan 2013

As a BBQ professional Mancation has taken an interesting twist. Some of the people I know from the Barbeque forum are putting together a welcoming BBQ in Flagstaff on the evening of the 16th of May.
    sgt
    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• bbally
      • Jan 2013

Hotel is set, block of rooms is set up....

Hotel Block has been locked in..... the block will accept reservations for either Smoked-meat BBQ gathering, or the Mancation Ride... but you need to ask for the HOG block either way.

If you double up and split that is $55 per night, I consider that good. Look forward to meeting people.....

Thank you for choosing Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites in Flagstaff, Arizona. We look forward to your groups arrival in May.

Each room will have 2 queen size beds. The discounted group rate will be $110.00 plus tax for each room.

Instruct the members of your group to call the hotel and ask to make a reservations from the Hog Members group block.

All rooms not reserved by May 4, 2014 will be released back into inventory.
      sgt
      USMC 79-85

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Sounds like a BLAST!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by bbally View Post
          Hotel is set, block of rooms is set up....

Hotel Block has been locked in..... the block will accept reservations for either Smoked-meat BBQ gathering, or the Mancation Ride... but you need to ask for the HOG block either way.

If you double up and split that is $55 per night, I consider that good. Look forward to meeting people.....

Thank you for choosing Best Western Pony Soldier Inn & Suites in Flagstaff, Arizona. We look forward to your groups arrival in May.

Each room will have 2 queen size beds. The discounted group rate will be $110.00 plus tax for each room.

Instruct the members of your group to call the hotel and ask to make a reservations from the Hog Members group block.

All rooms not reserved by May 4, 2014 will be released back into inventory.
          Why not "live stream it" via the web, or get some live radio feeds so we could all turn on the All American Mancation Station ....to see/hear the Mancation of America.

And we need to see some Bad ass Biker Baggin' along the way.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• bbally
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Why not "live stream it" via the web, or get some live radio feeds so we could all turn on the All American Mancation Station ....to see/hear the Mancation of America.

And we need to see some Bad ass Biker Baggin' along the way.

Well I have the rack space and bandwidth but I don't know the hotel could handle streaming.

I will post pictures.
            sgt
            USMC 79-85

Comment

• bbally
              • Jan 2013

The Hotel for the Night of May 17 is

Best Western Bullhead City.......

Call to book, the block of rooms is in my name at this time....

HOWIE KANJI
              General Manager
              BEST WESTERN Bullhead City Inn
              phone: 928-754-3000

This will be the stopping point after the Oatman run.
              sgt
              USMC 79-85

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...