• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kallidoraknox
    • Feb 2014

Who wants to get muddy...

I've just about had it with winter.

Spring is just around the corner and with that comes another round of Spartan Races. And I want to do one. There is a Spartan Sprint Race (4miles) at the end of May in Orange County, NY. I was wondering if any of you in the area would be interested in forming a team and participating.

Here's a link to the Spartan Race website. The opening video is enough to make me want to kick random objects whilst yelling, "This is Sparta!"

Committing to the hardest obstacle course race on the planet will make you physically fit, mentally strong and more resilient. What are you waiting for? Sign up today and race with us in 2024.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Megabriel View Post

Spring is just around the corner and with that comes another round of Spartan Races. And I want to do one. There is a Spartan Sprint Race (4miles) at the end of May in Orange County, NY. I was wondering if any of you in the area would be interested in forming a team and participating.

Here's a link to the Spartan Race website. The opening video is enough to make me want to kick random objects whilst yelling, "This is Sparta!"

http://www.spartanrace.com/index.html
    O.K., let me get this straight....you have to PAY to do this? ...and it costs $10 to park & another $20 just to watch? Dude, just take a hike in the Adirondacks...climb a few peaks...swim across a lake. It's free and you can yell all you like!

Q: if you yell "Sparta" and there's no one to hear it...did you really make a sound?

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Kallidoraknox
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
      O.K., let me get this straight....you have to PAY to do this? ...and it costs $10 to park & another $20 just to watch? Dude, just take a hike in the Adirondacks...climb a few peaks...swim across a lake. It's free and you can yell all you like!

Q: if you yell "Sparta" and there's no one to hear it...did you really make a sound?

Ahhh, hiking The Adirondacks is near the top of my list of Stuff I Want To Do, it looks beautiful up there! I hike around Rockland County on a weekly basis, usually up Hook or Bear Mountain. I’ve always enjoyed the outdoors.
      Yeah you have to pay but I think it’s totally worth it. I don’t mind forking over some money for something I really enjoy. For example I am driving an hour plus and paying the price of admission to see the Art of The Bag documentary (super excited, btw ) next month because it’s something I am really interested in and it challenges me.

And to answer your question, yes if I yell Sparta and no one else is around to hear it, I would still make a sound because I would be there to hear it. Metaphysics debate in 3…2…1… Ha.

Now I feel like watching 300..again.
      Last edited by Kallidoraknox; 02-23-2014, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Kallidoraknox
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        ...That's kinda like one of those, Tough Mudders. But where's thoses dangling electrified lines, that you run though and get shocked while doing so. If I was to do one of those races then I want my prize to be one of those chicks that I can carry across my shoulders to the finish line and right to my home...ralph

Haha!!! Jake Gyllenhaal. If we get to pick our prizes I would want mine to be Jake Gyllenhaal. And some ice cream.

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

View from boathouse on Rainbow Lake... a place the soul can breathe.

Yeah you have to pay but I think it’s totally worth it. I don’t mind forking over some money for something I really enjoy. For example I am driving an hour plus and paying the price of admission to see the Art of The Bag documentary (super excited, btw ) next month because it’s something I am really interested in and it challenges me.
          I LIKE the way you think! Be sure to introduce yourself...Alan, Matthew, Tommy T, G-Town, JUXT and others will be there too. This is going to be a blast!

And to answer your question, yes if I yell Sparta and no one else is around to hear it, I would still make a sound because I would be there to hear it. Metaphysics debate in 3…2…1… Ha.
          Sound, yes, interesting subject. The generation, propagation and reception of mechanical waves and vibrations that our ears perceive as sound. Deep stuff!

Now I feel like watching 300..again.
          ...me too.... SPARTA! (or the new one coming out March 7th)

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Kallidoraknox
            • Feb 2014

View from boathouse on Rainbow Lake... a place the soul can breathe.

Great picture, makes me wanna go for a swim. Or a hike. A hike and a swim.

I LIKE the way you think! Be sure to introduce yourself...Alan, Matthew, Tommy T, G-Town, JUXT and others will be there too. This is going to be a blast!
            Oh cool, it will be nice to meet some people. Ask some questions. I google mapped the Rosendale Theatre, the place seems to have a classy vintage feel to it. I dig that.

Sound, yes, interesting subject. The generation, propagation and reception of mechanical waves and vibrations that our ears perceive as sound. Deep stuff!

...you had me at "reception of mechanical waves"...

..me too.... SPARTA! (or the new one coming out March 7th)
            Movie looks pretty awesome. Oh look, Xerxes is back, "Come Leonidas, let us reason." Haha.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I believe you mean....."This is Sparta"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.spartanrace.com/index.html
              I'm thinking one of our inactive members did this race... Remember Tooboxdiver? I think his daughter Rhiannon (RHI on the forum) did this race. or maybe one like it. Maybe it was one of the crossfit challenges, she works at a crossfit.

Currently she is setting weight lifting records and striving to get to the 2014 USA nationals. http://www.gofundme.com/61rncs Go Rhi!

Rhiannon Reynolds..., Blogger, national level weight lifter an....Member of speedbagforum

Rhi hitting the speedbag on the truck mounted platform
              Last edited by Speedbag; 02-23-2014, 04:40 PM.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...