• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichK
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2013

New to forum . . . and speed bagging!

Hello all,

First post to say "Hi". I've got no experience with a speed bag (or boxing for that matter), but somehow got the idea that hitting a speed bag might be good for improving my hand-eye coordination and quickly came across the forum.

After poking around the forum, I went from planning to purchase the cheapest speed bag platform on Amazon to considering some seriously more expensive options . . . I'd thank you all, but I'm thinking this is the start of something bad!

In all seriousness, this seems like a great forum with lots of helpful information. I look forward to learning from you all.

Best,
    Rich
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by RichK View Post
    Hello all,

First post to say "Hi". I've got no experience with a speed bag (or boxing for that matter), but somehow got the idea that hitting a speed bag might be good for improving my hand-eye coordination and quickly came across the forum.

After poking around the forum, I went from planning to purchase the cheapest speed bag platform on Amazon to considering some seriously more expensive options . . . I'd thank you all, but I'm thinking this is the start of something bad!

In all seriousness, this seems like a great forum with lots of helpful information. I look forward to learning from you all.

Best,
    Rich
    Hi Rick and welcome to the forum. We love beginners and if speed bagging is your "thing" you run the risk of becoming addicted pretty quickly. but hey, if you're going to start "something bad" you might as well have some friends to join you.

there is a lot of "cheap" equipment out there, and most will leave you wanting for higher quality. You can get a good board, swivel and bag for about $120 or so.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Hey Rich...Welcome to the addiction (I can see you're going to be hooked in no time)!
      Like Alan says, "It's an addiction that's good for you!"

You will find all kinds of support & help on this forum...it's a great community.

Cheers,
      -Zaza
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Jollygood49
        • Jan 2013

Welcome to the forum Rich! You are correct in saying this is the start of something bad . It's unbelievable how addicting the speed bag can be but you know I'd rather be addicted to the speed bag which keeps me moving and improves my hand eye coordination versus the many other options. Enjoy!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Welcome Rich! You will have no regrets with joining this forum. It's filled with positive attitudes, and helpful members. I have been addicted since 2009, and I still can't get enough! I look forward to reading and hopefully viewing your progress.

Oh, and if you're within driving distance of Keyport, NJ, we have an annual speed bag gathering. This year's event is July 12, 13, & 14. I highly recommend coming for the whole 3-day event. It's a blast!
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• RichK
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Mar 2013

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome -- its great to know that this community is here as I head down the path!

I've got my Balazs iBod up and running (crazy fast shipping from those folks!) and working on the basic triplet. I don't have the raw talent of some of the beginners I've seen on here, but, when the bag gets going, it really does feel great!

Thanks again!

Best,
            Rich

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...