• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Sad ending to a great story..

This is a Sad story, but since many of us are dog lovers, needs to be told...

A photographer, Hannah Stonehouse Hudson, was out at lake Superior in August 2012 and captured the iconic photo of A man (John Unger) holding his 19 year old arthritic dog Schoep in the water. It went viral and captured a lot of attention back in aug - sept 2012. The man, his dog and the photographer became very well known and the picture and story moved many.

Now, five months later that same lake claims the photographers husband, who was a fishing guide. His snowmobile fell through the ice and he was in the water too long.

I feel for her. Going from such a high of capturing the nations heart with her work, then having it broken so closely afterward.

Life sucks sometimes...
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

yeap...sad story
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

That photo she took was great! Here are the details of it going viral:

A photo may be worth 1,000 words, but professional photographer Hannah Stonehouse Hudson has learned it can also be worth 2.2 million views, 191,162 likes, 108,766 shares and 21,936 comments (and counting) on Facebook.

It's truly sad to hear about her husband's death. It must have been hard for her, as well as the men who tried to rescue him. Hannah posted this following message on a Facebook page:

"Jim Hudson died yesterday doing what he loved, with people he loved. He was a former police officer, so the people rescuing him and trying to save him were his close friends. Thank you to the EMTs, police officers, & paramedics who tried to save his life. ... Jim's fellow guides will keep this going for him -- they rock. Fish on!!"

Sad and tragic — and yet, I see she is someone who will be okay, I think.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
        That photo she took was great! Here are the details of it going viral:

A photo may be worth 1,000 words, but professional photographer Hannah Stonehouse Hudson has learned it can also be worth 2.2 million views, 191,162 likes, 108,766 shares and 21,936 comments (and counting) on Facebook.

It's truly sad to hear about her husband's death. It must have been hard for her, as well as the men who tried to rescue him. Hannah posted this following message on a Facebook page:

"Jim Hudson died yesterday doing what he loved, with people he loved. He was a former police officer, so the people rescuing him and trying to save him were his close friends. Thank you to the EMTs, police officers, & paramedics who tried to save his life. ... Jim's fellow guides will keep this going for him -- they rock. Fish on!!"

Sad and tragic — and yet, I see she is someone who will be okay, I think.
        I saw her facebook post about it. She'll be fine while the present storm rages. In the days or weeks past, when the crowd has moved on that reality and grief really sets in. Yes, I think she will be OK too. Just sad.
        Last edited by Speedbag; 01-29-2013, 02:06 PM.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Very sad....
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...