• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Uncanny resemblance or......

So my wife and I sit down last night to watch the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest" and my wife starts commenting about how that Orlando Bloom really looks like "...that guy I know who hits the speed bag so well". She goes on and on about it, and starts asking me if I'm sure about that guy who hits the speed bag, and maybe it really is O.B. she says the resemblance is uncanny. That is not a word she uses very often...

Now I would probably know if Orlando Bloom was an incredible speed bagger. At least I think I would know, or .. but maybe not. hmm, Well here is some pictoral evidence. I know ONE of these guys IS an incredible speed bagger, and the other is just an actor.
    Attached Files
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • G-Town
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

WoW!

So true Alan... Ateraxis "Bloom" hit's the speedbag with 'ease' and 'grace' it's a wonderful sight to see when he cuts loose punchdrumming or just hitting for enjoyment. tell your wife she's right on... the money with that call!

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

I don't see the resemblance.

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
        So true Alan... Ateraxis "Bloom" hit's the speedbag with 'ease' and 'grace' it's a wonderful sight to see when he cuts loose punchdrumming or just hitting for enjoyment. tell your wife she's right on... the money with that call!
        Incredible is not too strong of a word to describe his bag skills. His speed, mix of combo's AND ability to Punch Drum is Second to none. He has truly mastered that art of Punch Drumming (tm) and I could watch his takes on "mortal combat" and "Turn the beat around" over and over. The dude's got rhythm, and one little know fact is: He is also a very accomplished Salsa dancer,

and I thought Salsa was some sauce made in New York City, popular on Bar-B-Que. Now I find out it's a dance!

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
          ... some sauce made in New York City, popular on Bar-B-Que.
          New York City !?!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            New York City !?!
            yea, I said that because I live in Texas and that's big in a few commercials down here. we don't eat no Bar-B-Que Sauce made in New York City.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

I know, I know. For what it's worth, all our pinto beans are imported from Lubbock -- wouldn't have it any other way. I mean, Nebraska is nice, but they don't know beans about beans.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                So my wife and I sit down last night to watch the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest" and my wife starts commenting about how that Orlando Bloom really looks like "...that guy I know who hits the speed bag so well". She goes on and on about it, and starts asking me if I'm sure about that guy who hits the speed bag, and maybe it really is O.B. she says the resemblance is uncanny. That is not a word she uses very often...

Now I would probably know if Orlando Bloom was an incredible speed bagger. At least I think I would know, or .. but maybe not. hmm, Well here is some pictoral evidence. I know ONE of these guys IS an incredible speed bagger, and the other is just an actor.

Okay. So, I have been wanting to respond to this comment ever since you posted it, Alan. Because, well… I have thought the same exact thing!

Is Orlando Bloom Matthew's Look-a-like?

Or… Is Matthew really Orlando Bloom? I mean, have you ever seen the TWO OF THEM together in the same place?

So, anyway, at last summer's Speed B.A.G. III, when we were coming back from breakfast and hanging outside Real Gymm, some of us did a little mugging for the camera. I decided to have a little fun with the footage.

SpeedbagAtaraxis is going to kill me, but, I couldn't resist:

Just messing around with some old footage taken at some Speed Bag Gathering events.

(*Ralph/ventanakaz. You might not be able to view it on your mobile phone because of the music that I used in the video. Not sure why they ban it from mobile devices but not from the YouTube site itself. )
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...