• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lostintranslatn
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2012

Hey-o!

Hello, everyone! I'm just making my mandatory first post here. Got my first speed bag about a month ago and am absolutely smitten with it. Love at first (awkward, poorly timed) hit. I've improved a lot already! I can keep it going continuously now, just not as rapidly as I want to. At least I'm down to three bounces between hits instead of, oh, 7. Looking forward to improving a lot with tons more practice and, now, the great resource that is this forum!
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by lostintranslatn View Post
    Hello, everyone! I'm just making my mandatory first post here. Got my first speed bag about a month ago and am absolutely smitten with it. Love at first (awkward, poorly timed) hit. I've improved a lot already! I can keep it going continuously now, just not as rapidly as I want to. At least I'm down to three bounces between hits instead of, oh, 7. Looking forward to improving a lot with tons more practice and, now, the great resource that is this forum!
    Hi LostinT. Welcome to the Forum. Don't worry about going fast right now, it's all about control. three rebounds gets you to the starting line, ready to go. But it's not a race, so don't hurry into it. With every new technique you learn, many more combinations open up, and all will take time for control. Looking forward to seeing some video's at some point!
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Welcome aboard, lostintranslatn! I always love to read the news of a new addict on the forum. Like Alan says, don't worry about speed. Just keep at it – every day, if possible, and you'll advance quickly.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Welcome...and I can tell... you are hooked! Slow & steady wins the race, speed will come naturally as you progress. Post some video when you're comfortable, it's always fun to to watch different hitting styles.
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...