• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarthPistachio
    • Mar 2012

Obligatory Introduction

Hi everyone...

After the compulsory mid life epiphany - I've lost a load of weight - put on a fair bit of muscle and returning to my boxing/MA roots for overall fitness and finally got round to trying the speed bag.

I'm suffering from the common enthusiastic beginners problems: platform too flimsy and vibrates (designing one to build myself at the moment)- problems with decent swivels and a basement whose ceiling is too low for many platform mounts

but... I'm hooked! One of the most enjoyable forms of calorie burning I've experienced in my many years on the planet!

ciao for now

Fabio
    Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
    Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
    They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Welcome to the forum and perhaps some of us can help solve your equipment dilemma. If not, just bend the old knees a bit and keep punching.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• DarthPistachio
      • Mar 2012

I got hold of a 9x6 leather bag this morning and gave it a go and got rid of the rubbish PU 10x7 that I had (deflated almost in two days!)

I replaced the stock swivel on my platform with a silverline u bolt - I'm a little bit disappointed with the length of the U on this swivel but it does encourage better ballin' and at this stage I probably couldn't handle it too fast yet....

I know for sure know that i need a much sturdier platorm - the one I have vibrates like a tuning fork! I'm trying to design all sorts of adjustable versions at the moment both in my head and on the PC...
      Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
      Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
      They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...