• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

89-yr-old Sal Cappi - Forever Young

Sal Cappi.

He didn't start working out till he was in his late 50s! His favorite thing to do is pushups...

"... the party's not over."

"Strength without balance, agility, coordination and explosiveness is strength that's athletically unusable." Barstarzz workout team here to inspire people to workout. Working out has several benefits to it. Improves your mood, Fights diseases, Helps manage your weight, Boost energy levels, Higher self esteem, Better sleep, Better sex and just plain fun. And you don't need expensive equipment or gym memberships at all. Anything we do can be done if not at your home then your local park. Learn more at Www.Barstarzz.com Sign up for forums, and even Live chat with us directly. Subscribe to channel!!! so much more to come. So stay tuned. Open to any and all feedback. Questions on any of the workouts?? Just message us. Guaranteed an answer back Anything you would like to see??? Just ask for it and we try (if reasonable or possible) and get it up asap. Think you got what it takes to be a BarStar?? Send us a video or come meet up with us in person. *Barstarzz T-Shirt 20$ Plus Shipping *Personal Training in NYC Area *For all business inquiries, media/press/interviews, booking email BarStarzz@BarStarzz.com Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/BarStarzz/124222022286 http://barstarzz.tumblr.com/ Consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program! We are not medical professionals. It is your responsibility to critically evaluate this information and with the help of your physician decide if it is appropriate for you. Kids Don't try this at home!!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

That's amazing! I got no excuses now!
    sigpic

Comment

• speedbag4life
      • Jun 2007

What a cutie! ... I wonder if he'd like hitting a speed bag. It's got rhythm, coordination, and cardio, three benefits in one workout. Right up his alley! Anybody live in the South Beach area that can find Mr. Cappi and introduce him to the finest addiction known to mankind?

Comment

• Heppsan
        • Jan 2011

Not bad, hope I can still work out when I'm at his age.
        If I ever get that old .. .

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
          Not bad, hope I can still work out when I'm at his age.
          If I ever get that old .. .
          There is only one secret to long life:

Don't Die

Personally I am surprised to be as old as I am. When I was half my age I always thought that when I reached this age I would have been dead at least 5 years.
          Especially married to my wife. She put three former husbands in their grave and two of them were just napping.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Don't Die

Personally I am surprised to be as old as I am. When I was half my age I always thought that when I reached this age I would have been dead at least 5 years.
            Especially married to my wife. She put three former husbands in their grave and two of them were just napping.

BEST post EVER... in any forum anywhere!!! LMAO!!!
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Over43
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jun 2011

At the risk of being tedious, although there are some who claim exercise doesn't extend life, research from the Cooper Clinic (www.cooperaerobics.com) indicates that an aerobics based exercise program can extend life even if an individual does not start until his/her 50's. (Quite significantly, on average 11 years- men 79 to 90, women 83 to 94...)
              Last edited by Over43; 06-16-2011, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Over43 View Post
                At the risk of being tedious, although there are some who claim exercise doesn't extend life, research from the Cooper Clinic (www.cooperaerobics.com) indicates that an aerobics based exercise program can extend life even if an individual does not start until his/her 50's. (Quite significantly, on average 11 years- men 79 to 90, women 83 to 94...)
                ...then there was my good friend. He ate right, exercised very regularly, lead a good clean life...and at 41, walking out of the gym one night...dropped dead of a massive coronary... very sad as the guy was in GREAT shape.

You just never know.

Personally, I'm going to stick with this study, which kind of reinforces your study.

LINK

...I already feel better!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sudden death is often the first sign of a heart attack. I would think runner Jim Fixx extended his lifespan through exercise, but when your number is up, time to man up and meet your maker, in a manner of speaking.

Comment

• Over43
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Don't Die

I recall a CD I have of Roger Daltrey performing a concert for his 50th birthday. In somewhere in the cover he states, "It's ironic that I'm the guy who sang, 'I hope I die before I get old...'"

Comment

• Over43
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                      ...then there was my good friend. He ate right, exercised very regularly, lead a good clean life...and at 41, walking out of the gym one night...dropped dead of a massive coronary... very sad as the guy was in GREAT shape.

You just never know.

Personally, I'm going to stick with this study, which kind of reinforces your study.

LINK

...I already feel better!
                      I finally went to that link. I'm going to have to forward it to my wife.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...