• spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Congrats! Great to hear!

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Latest update. The university job has been a good one , but not steady work. I had a six week run at the Supercomputer Center, but have been off for three weeks with only twelve hours of work during this time. Needless to say that I haven't quit looking for full time (the school is fully aware of this). Yesterday morning I got a phone call in response to an application that I submitted over nine months ago. It was for a facility technician at 24 Hour Fitness, and they wanted to talk to me first thing this morning.
      The interview went extremely well (at least I thought so). My interviewer seemed absolutely delighted that I was able to answer any question that he put to me. He then said "boy I'm glad I found you!" Apparently the computerized system that they use dumped several hundred applications on to his lap, with fewer than a half percent of them had anything remotely that fulfilled their requirements. He doesn't do the hiring, but he makes the reccomendations to corporate. He told me when I left that I'll more than likely be hearing from him next week.
      It sounds like a great job, good pay and benefits,and the commute is for the most part less than what I'm doing now. It does sound like I would have to take care of two facilities, the second one is supposedly smaller.
      Keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

• Johnny O
        • Apr 2011

Sounds like a good opportunity Dutchman, good luck!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          ...It sounds like a great job, good pay and benefits,and the commute is for the most part less than what I'm doing now.
          Keeping fingers crossed.
          Sounds great, Dutch. I'll keep my fingers crossed, too. But, dang, it's hard to punch like that. Keep us posted. Good luck!
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
            Sounds great, Dutch. I'll keep my fingers crossed, too. But, dang, it's hard to punch like that. Keep us posted. Good luck!
            +1 ... you got this covered!
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• speedbag4life
              • Jun 2007

24 Hour Fitness?? LOL, they always have broken equipment!! Hope you get it Dutchman-- they need someone who can actually fix things.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by speedbag4life View Post
                24 Hour Fitness?? LOL, they always have broken equipment!! Hope you get it Dutchman-- they need someone who can actually fix things.
                If they do, then they stole the maintenance plan of the YMCA.

( fix one this month, wait three months for the next and tell the members the parts on are back order)
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Apparently the gentleman who interviewed me oversees the maintenance for part or all the San Diego area locations, and told me I would be responsible for two, a small satallite plus the primary one. I would be going to instruction seminars regarding the electronics in the "upscale" machines as well as the corporate policies. As far as the machines with "computers" from my past experience with such devices you pretty much replace boards. Of course you have to have the replacement on hand (which I have a feeling is not SOP).

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Apparently the gentleman who interviewed me oversees the maintenance for part or all the San Diego area locations, and told me I would be responsible for two, a small satallite plus the primary one. I would be going to instruction seminars regarding the electronics in the "upscale" machines as well as the corporate policies. As far as the machines with "computers" from my past experience with such devices you pretty much replace boards. Of course you have to have the replacement on hand (which I have a feeling is not SOP).
                    you replace Boards?

I didn't know such devices had rebound boards.

Go, San Diego.

(congrats on job, btw)
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                      Speed Bag Historian
                      • Jun 2006

It's not quite a done deal yet, but it's looking real good.

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

I KNOW you got this!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

I think I may have jinxed this, haven't heard back and I just got pulled from one of my temp services jobs allegedly because I wasn't "picking it up" fast enough for them (I hadn't put in even eight hours yet). I have a pretty good idea what was going on, but I won't go into it here.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

I think I may have jinxed this, haven't heard back and I just got pulled from one of my temp services jobs allegedly because I wasn't "picking it up" fast enough for them (I hadn't put in even eight hours yet). I have a pretty good idea what was going on, but I won't go into it here.
                            Very sorry to hear that.

As Tavis Smiley says: "Keep the faith"
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Wow! Just read your two most recent posts. Looks like your spirits went from stellar to cellar.

I hope everything works out for you. We're all pulling for you. Please keep us updated. Good luck!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Sometimes it helps if they get a "follow-up call" of sorts from an applicant. Just to remind them that you are still interested in the position... I hope you hear something soon, Dutch.
                                My son just went through a battery of interviews for a librarian position at a university. It took months and months of correspondence, phone interviews, personal interviews, etc. before he was finally selected. Sheesh.
                                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...