• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

metaldad employment update

Well, it's official. As of January 30th I will still be employed with Fedex Freight after the merger is all said and done! I'll actually have a little seniority. Switching to the linehaul side of the fence which means nightly distance runs,500 mile meet turns, and some dock work. Looking good so far. I'm grateful I still have a job and I go to full scale in Febuary! I hope this all works out and hoping that THIS coming year, Jersey will be in the cards!!!
    sigpic
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Great to hear, MetalDad. You still doing those seismic reverse fist rolls? Are your youngins still baggin' ?

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Really great to hear MD, I know that it's of great relief to you. Three openings at Metropolitan Transit that I'm applying for on Monday. Hopefully I'll get a shot at least one of them....

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        Well, it's official. As of January 30th I will still be employed with Fedex Freight after the merger is all said and done! I'll actually have a little seniority. Switching to the linehaul side of the fence which means nightly distance runs,500 mile meet turns, and some dock work. Looking good so far. I'm grateful I still have a job and I go to full scale in Febuary! I hope this all works out and hoping that THIS coming year, Jersey will be in the cards!!!

Great news MD, thanks for sharing. I'm so happy this worked out for you !!!!!!!!

Comment

• jumpcannon
          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Good deal buddy! Thats great news!
          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Yeah Dude, as soon as you're situated and get workways, it'll be "Baggin' Time", you know what I'm sayin? Sounds good with the work situation, I'm sure it'll work out for you. The harder you work towards something, the wheels will be in motion on your behalf. Let me know how you make out. Peace, and Happy Holidays!
            T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

For sure, MD! Congrats on the good news about your continued employment. I'm looking forward to meeting you in NJ!!!

And, Dutchman, good luck to you on those Metro job openings...
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• fingers
                Speed Bag Guru
                • May 2008

Great news MD!! a load off your mind especially at Christmas!

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Great hoilday news for you and your family, MD. Remember, good things happen to good people. Hoping for the best for you too, Dutchman,

MD, check your PMs.

Comment

• toolboxdiver
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2008

Great to hear Brother have a safe and happy holiday Devil Dog

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                      Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Good news! Good to hear! I will see you in Chicago in the still of the night!
                      It'll be slow and easy! haha... duh!

Comment

• metaldad
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                        Great to hear, MetalDad. You still doing those seismic reverse fist rolls? Are your youngins still baggin' ?
                        Thanks paranday. I've been gettin at it when I can. Been working more on elbows and trying get comfortable with the four way. The kids don't come out with me when it's cold. Plus they only interested for maybe a minute lol!

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Really great to hear MD, I know that it's of great relief to you. Three openings at Metropolitan Transit that I'm applying for on Monday. Hopefully I'll get a shot at least one of them....
                        Thanks Dutchman and I hope you got the job!

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Great news MD, thanks for sharing. I'm so happy this worked out for you !!!!!!!!
                        Thank you Tim! With so much happening it was hard to stay possitive. But now things have taken the upswing!

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                        Good deal buddy! Thats great news!
                        Thanks brother! Thank also for reaching out and giving me an option. This is why being on this forum is such an awesome experince! Looking forward to the Evil Swivel!

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                        Yeah Dude, as soon as you're situated and get workways, it'll be "Baggin' Time", you know what I'm sayin? Sounds good with the work situation, I'm sure it'll work out for you. The harder you work towards something, the wheels will be in motion on your behalf. Let me know how you make out. Peace, and Happy Holidays!
                        You know it man!! Merry Christmas!
                        Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                        For sure, MD! Congrats on the good news about your continued employment. I'm looking forward to meeting you in NJ!!!

And, Dutchman, good luck to you on those Metro job openings...
                        Thank you Ms D! I look forward to meeting you as well. Would love to try a slice of pizza that was made in Raul's pizza oven he constructed!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                        Great news MD!! a load off your mind especially at Christmas!
                        Thanks fingers. Without a doubt some weight has been lifted. Merry Christmas my friend!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                        Great hoilday news for you and your family, MD. Remember, good things happen to good people. Hoping for the best for you too, Dutchman,

MD, check your PMs.
                        Thanks Biff and I've been talking things over with my boss..er ..wife and Jersey plans are in motion! I'll PM you.

Originally posted by toolboxdiver View Post
                        Great to hear Brother have a safe and happy holiday Devil Dog
                        Thank you Brother Merry Christmas and Good Luck to Rhi!
                        sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                          Good news! Good to hear! I will see you in Chicago in the still of the night!
                          It'll be slow and easy! haha... duh!
                          Dude I can' t wait !!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

MD, Glad to hear the employment situation may be working out for you. I know we all want you to come to Jersey in 2011. You will have a ball!

Good luck and best wishes for the near year!
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                              MD, Glad to hear the employment situation may be working out for you. I know we all want you to come to Jersey in 2011. You will have a ball!
                              Don't worry. He'll be there...
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by paranday; 12-24-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...