• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackCatXIII
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2009

Dirty Dozen

The movie Dirty Dozen (came out in 1967), with so many famous actor's, is one of my favorite movies. Especially the speed bag scene with Joseph Wladislaw (Charles Bronson) hitting it was always the scene I looked forward to seeing; and when they count off the mission numbers plan details. In the speed bag scene it's a LL-RR movement FSP FCP FSP FCP and for the grand finale of the scene with the speed bag he pulls off a L-R FDP. Go speed bag techniques in movies!!! And hurray for Alan Kahn for writing the Speed Bag Bible so that I may learn to punch with incredible technique. Oh and just like in Speed Bag Bible Wladislaw has his elbows up while hitting to emphasis technique. And this was officially OFF TOPIC.
    Last edited by BlackCatXIII; 04-06-2009, 05:36 PM.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

I've never seen that .. I need to watch it. Thanks for the heads up. Lee Marvin ,Charles Bronson , and a Speed Bag , how can you go wrong !

Comment

• BlackCatXIII
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2009

I never noticed it until having the speed bag bible and dvd for 3 months prior to seeing it when I was flipping through channels. Had to get the dvd out and make sure though. It's only a quick 10 second segment (counting 3 seconds for fade to with bag rebound sounds); well worth rewinding to again and again and again for about 5 minutes.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

It looks nice on Blu-ray, I had forgotten about this scene.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          It looks nice on Blu-ray, I had forgotten about this scene.
          Me too. what time is it in the movie..?
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Me too. what time is it in the movie..?
            About 27:55. It cues up at Chapter 6 on the Blu-ray so it's easy to find. Got the Blu-ray at WalMart for $7.88.

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
              Got the Blu-ray at WalMart for $7.88.
              Love that film & don't remember that scene either? I wish I could afford to secure the rights and put together a little montage of speed bagging in famous films for my film.

I'm trying to cut a deal for some of the Doris DeGreen footage now.
              (FYI... average price for this kind of footage is $75.00 per SECOND! )
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                Love that film & don't remember that scene either? I wish I could afford to secure the rights and put together a little montage of speed bagging in famous films for my film.

I'm trying to cut a deal for some of the Doris DeGreen footage now.
                (FYI... average price for this kind of footage is $75.00 per SECOND! )
                Yep, I paid a ton for some personal rights to download early footage on British Pathe film site.

run some searches for "punching bag, punch bag and punch ball" to see some interest BW footage of yesteryear.

be sure to check out this footage: Australian ball puncher Kid Brunnel 1941 awesome.
                Last edited by Speedbag; 01-02-2013, 08:38 PM.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• AtTheCross
                  • Dec 2012

wow that Australian ball puncher was crazy
                  1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
                  Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
                  DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
                  Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
                  Retired Bags:
                  Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Yep, I paid a ton for some personal rights to download early footage on British Pathe film site.

run some searches for "punching bag, punch bag and punch ball" to see some interest BW footage of yesteryear.

be sure to check out this footage: Australian ball puncher Kid Brunnel 1941 awesome.
                    Yes... that site was priced "out of this world"! (good stuff though)
                    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                      Yes... that site was priced "out of this world"! (good stuff though)
                      But that baggin' footage is priceless. Unreal skills by server folks. Watching Kid Brunnel on the horizontal bag reminds me of Deano and his amazing elbow combinations, with under-over fist punching, - as well as that awesome vertical and floor bagging. Wow, to just spend a day of working with them bag in time.

ALL of these great baggers and their skills need to be documented and recognized. WE moderns are now just re-discovering what they did long before, and trying to better document it.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...