X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jollygood49
    • Jan 2013

Finally a punch drumming video

This song came on Pandora while I was hitting the bag and I couldn't help but hit to the beat and decided it was about time to post my first punch drumming video.

• Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jollygood49 View Post
    This song came on Pandora while I was hitting the bag and I couldn't help but hit to the beat and decided it was about time to post my first punch drumming video.

Sounds to me like you have a great ear for the syncopated combinations. Pretty cool use of the triple elbow strikes. I also hear you adjusting your punching speed like a champ when you sense you're a bit off beat, which tells me you know you're off and need to add or subtract a bit of power to sync the bag with the music. Very impressive for a first video! Keep it up!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Love it... great job! I think that's a Peanut Bag and if so, one of my favorites too. Whenever I watch your videos, I find myself staring at the beautiful platform and the next thing you know, I've drooled on my keyboard! (note to self: wear a bid when watching Jollygood49 videos)

Can't wait to see the next one....
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• swfl
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2013

Very nice and thank you for posting. New videos are really cool to watch and learn from. Well done.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
          Love it... great job! I think that's a Peanut Bag and if so, one of my favorites too. Whenever I watch your videos, I find myself staring at the beautiful platform and the next thing you know, I've drooled on my keyboard! (note to self: wear a bid when watching Jollygood49 videos)

Can't wait to see the next one....
          That is a board to be reckoned with. Reminds me of the board that Floyd Mayweather had in his video's, however this one looks a lot nicer.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jollygood49
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Sounds to me like you have a great ear for the syncopated combinations. Pretty cool use of the triple elbow strikes. I also hear you adjusting your punching speed like a champ when you sense you're a bit off beat, which tells me you know you're off and need to add or subtract a bit of power to sync the bag with the music. Very impressive for a first video! Keep it up!

Thanks Alan, keeping and adjusting to the beat decently must be from playing instruments growing up. I began playing the piano when I was 8 or so and that definitely helps with anything musical or involving rhythm.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            Thanks Zaza. The bag I'm using is the Lonsdale Authentic Small. As far as I could tell they seemed to be the same thing. I planned to order the peanut but I didn't see it on Lonsdale's site at Christmas time so I'm not sure if they were out of stock, or if they're one in the same? As for my platform, I love that thing!

Originally posted by swfl View Post
            Very nice and thank you for posting. New videos are really cool to watch and learn from. Well done.
            Thanks much, I've been slacking on keeping up on commenting on threads lately but I enjoy watching every video I get time to watch and they are definitely helpful when it comes to learning new things.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Now that was Jolly Good!

Originally posted by Jollygood49 View Post

I haven't been on the forum much lately, and logged on this morning and saw this. Wow! What a great song (good beat). And I love the combos you were using. Sounded really cool.

And, yes, it's hard to keep from drooling over that massive drum.

Thanks for posting. Very inspiring. Can't wait to get out and do a little punch drumming today.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...