X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jake
    • Mar 2011

Wonderwall

After hitting nothing but the Lazer XS for the last several months, I switched to my 5x8 FS last night. It was a little low on air and soft. What a difference. It felt good. The FS is back in #1 position for now.

I cut a piece of 1/4" air hose. The stuff we use with nail guns. I made a slice in it so I could wrap it around the eyebolt shaft on my Powermill Evil Swivel. It's working well. Holding it's shape so far. I wrapped it with duct tape, hit on it enough to make a mark in the tape, and cut the tape below that line. Then I removed all the excess duct tape. This leaves a strip around the bottom of the plastic bushing (hose). It would be nice to eliminate all the messy duct tape. I might try some glue.

Nothing special about this video. Just winding down and relaxing. After a good evening under the board

• Dumbcluck
    • Jun 2013

Nothing special?

I guess you have been doing this for quite some time to dismiss this as nothing special. It's very impressive. I dream of the day I can pull off 10% of those moves let alone hit for that long without messing up even with using only straight hits.
    Kudos to you.
    Jimbo

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

As always... a pleasure to watch. Nice hittin'!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• PunchDrummer
        • Jan 2012

Nice Jake!

Comment

• swfl
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2013

Thank you. Very nice

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jake View Post
            After hitting nothing but the Lazer XS for the last several months, I switched to my 5x8 FS last night. It was a little low on air and soft. What a difference. It felt good. The FS is back in #1 position for now.
            ...Nothing special about this video. Just winding down and relaxing. After a good evening under the board

Love your videos, Jake. Nice rhythm and great combos, as always! Wish you could have made it to Speed B.A.G. IV for some punch drumming at Real Gymm…

I'm still trying to get the hang of the Lazer XS. It just doesn't move like my other bags. It's definitely a different bag from the white Fighting Sports and my gold Title bag.

Thanks for posting.
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Jake
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Dumbcluck View Post
              I guess you have been doing this for quite some time to dismiss this as nothing special. It's very impressive. I dream of the day I can pull off 10% of those moves let alone hit for that long without messing up even with using only straight hits.
              Kudos to you.
              Dumbcluck I probably shouldn't say nothing special. 2 1/2 years ago when I started hitting Bible Style I struggled with hitting 1 good inward elbow. And when I watched videos of more advanced guys hitting I couldn't believe the things they were doing.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              As always... a pleasure to watch. Nice hittin'!
              Thanks Zaza. I really enjoy watching your videos. You're a very talented movie maker and speed bagger. I need to go back and check out some of your movies I came across a couple years ago. I think it was "Don't Go In The House" I liked.

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
              Nice Jake!
              Thanks Punchdrummer.

Originally posted by swfl View Post
              Thank you. Very nice
              Thanks SWFL

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              Love your videos, Jake. Nice rhythm and great combos, as always! Wish you could have made it to Speed B.A.G. IV for some punch drumming at Real Gymm…

I'm still trying to get the hang of the Lazer XS. It just doesn't move like my other bags. It's definitely a different bag from the white Fighting Sports and my gold Title bag.

Thanks for posting.
              Thanks Dee. I really wanted to get to Speed Bag IV. I could probably drive down and back in 1 day. I take my German Shepherd with me everywhere, everyday. He's 11 and my last one lived to 13. So I have had a German Shepherd by my side everyday for about 24 years now. I'm a crazy dog person. I couldn't leave him and not be worried. I'm thinking I should rent a small RV, Leave him in there with the ac on when I go in the gym. I need to look into what kind of parking there is at the gym. Maybe I can find a campground near by to spend the night.

My dogs ears make an appearance in the Wonderwall video. Towards the end he must sense I'm done for the night. He gets up and drops a stick behind me.

I feel like the Lazer XS has really challenged me, and helped me step things up a notch. Now the FS feels so light and easy on the hands. I'm not scrambling to keep up with the bag. Instead I have to whack the FS harder to make it go fast enough.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2010

Great punch drumming and nice song!

Smooth rhythm jake. I really like the 4 way in/outward elbows followed by a rear Straight punch. I'm going to see if I can use that smoothly in my punch drumming! I learned to play some of Wonder wall on guitar so, I appreciate the music as well.

Great vid!
                Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Nice Song. I haven't heard that one in a while. It's got a nice beat for sycnopated punching as jake is doing, and Basic Rhythm could kick in a going a bit faster.

Always great to see another punch drumming exhibition. Jake you've got awesome control of that Out-In 4way Elbow strike, coming back with that lead fist, not easy to do with "the other arm" all the way across your chest (after the last Inward Elbow connects).

Nice job.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Jake
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                    Smooth rhythm jake. I really like the 4 way in/outward elbows followed by a rear Straight punch. I'm going to see if I can use that smoothly in my punch drumming! I learned to play some of Wonder wall on guitar so, I appreciate the music as well.

Great vid!
                    Thanks Novaspeedbagger. I just saw a video on how to play Wonderwall on the guitar, and a friend who just moved to Costa Rica for 6 months left his guitar with me. I'm thinking learning the guitar might help my punchdrumming. Now I just have to find time.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Nice Song. I haven't heard that one in a while. It's got a nice beat for sycnopated punching as jake is doing, and Basic Rhythm could kick in a going a bit faster.

Always great to see another punch drumming exhibition. Jake you've got awesome control of that Out-In 4way Elbow strike, coming back with that lead fist, not easy to do with "the other arm" all the way across your chest (after the last Inward Elbow connects).

Nice job.
                    Thanks Allen. Sycnopated huh? I didn't know that was what I was doing. I know you have explained it many times, and I think I understand, but I really don't. At one point you used a ruler as a visual and that helped, but my memory is not that good. I'll go back and review.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...