X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Born on the Bayou - MsD's version

I know this song has been done before, but, what can I say. It's a classic. And the other day I had the bigger bag up and it's great for this type of music.

I used my older camera, and its microphone doesn't like speed bags. So, not the greatest audio. (I promise to post a cleaner vid next time.)

Obviously, this is not the original version by Creedence. It's actually the audio from another YouTuber. He sings (karaoke-style?) to different hit songs. I downloaded the audio from his vid and punched to it. I wanted to see if I would get a copyright warning from YouTube. So far. So good.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Awesome job. You are really moving and grooving the beat. Love that Double punch single pass through riff... FDP ' ' RSP ' ' FCP....

My only suggestion, and this is just a suggestion.....

It could use MORE COWBELL

( I just couldn't let that one go bye.... )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-08-2012, 08:32 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Good Video. Some fine punch drumming too. I hate an over inflated bag too. I like my fist or elbow to sink in just a little bit.

I like the film flipping effect. That guy singing does a pretty good job. He does sound a lot like John Fogerty. That's pretty Cool.

here's to Slappin' Leather

John Fogerty and Harrison Ford.... I've never seen them in the same place at the same time
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jake
        • Mar 2011

Very cool video!
        I'll take another look later. Right now I'm heading to the garage with a fresh cup of coffee, and a stack of CDs.

Comment

• juxt
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

great video. the punching sounds perfect to the music. I gotta agree with Alan though, I gotta have more cowbell!!!

Comment

• G-Town
            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Smooth...

Dee - Way to wear the shirt! Nice rip...

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
              Dee - Way to wear the shirt! Nice rip...
              Ha! You noticed. Yeah, I wanna be like the guys...

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Awesome job. You are really moving and grooving the beat. Love that Double punch single pass through riff... FDP ' ' RSP ' ' FCP.... My only suggestion, and this is just a suggestion.....
              It could use MORE COWBELL

( I just couldn't let that one go bye.... )

I love my cowbell. That SNL clip is one of my favorites. Hence, my cowbell. In fact, it's in most of my videos...

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
              Good Video. Some fine punch drumming too. I hate an over inflated bag too. I like my fist or elbow to sink in just a little bit.
              I guess the bag is a little more forgiving when it's a little under inflated...for me anyway. When I get a little sloppy and the bag goes whacky, I'll try to blame the bag, when it's really me! As for this Jeff McNeal... he's a pretty good singer. He does dozens of popular songs, so I might try this again. That is, as long as it's legal to take another Tuber's audio or video creation...

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
              John Fogerty and Harrison Ford.... I've never seen them in the same place at the same time

Wow. I never noticed this before!

So that's why Harrison baled on my barbecue last summer when I told him I was going to ask John to bring his guitar...

Originally posted by Jake View Post
              Very cool video!
              I'll take another look later. Right now I'm heading to the garage with a fresh cup of coffee, and a stack of CDs.

Right on, Jake! You, ebozyn, and the rest of the newbies to the forum have fired me up. I've been been punching the bag every chance I get – ever since I got off work last Tuesday. Just found a new song that I'd like to punch to.

Originally posted by juxt View Post
              great video. the punching sounds perfect to the music. I gotta agree with Alan though, I gotta have more cowbell!!!
              Hey, juxt! You mix music, right? I did a little bit of that on this video. I extracted/downloaded the Bayou song from the YT video (I found a handy site for that). I was disappointed to find that the video camera didn't record the bag sound very well – it actually muffled it. Couldn't increase the volume... so I poked around and found special audio effects in imovie and tweaked all of the bass and treble and other buttons until I was satisfied that I had improved the original recording. Thanks for the comments.
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Which model bag is this? When did you get it? How much was shipping?

Jim Bradley and you dance real pretty together. This vid is fun to watch. Bag on!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  Which model bag is this? When did you get it? How much was shipping?

Jim Bradley and you dance real pretty together. This vid is fun to watch. Bag on!
                  Actually, this bag is on loan to me... I haven't used it until recently. My Aussie BFF bag is "under the weather" with a worn spot in the leather. I actually prefer the Body First Fitness (BFF) speed ball over the Jim Bradley. The BFF has a shorter loop for for faster baggin'...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...