• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Punch Drumming to various songs

I've been editing a few clips from "the vault". These are from the last few years. Nothing new or earth shattering, just punch Drumming. LIke most of us, I'm not sure how long they'll have audio. I've changed camera's a lot over the past 9-10 years so the quality of video varies. Some were transferred from S-VHS format. By the way, these are pretty raw and unedited, so please note the screw ups, misses, fall off beat etc.

It happens

Abacab (6:30)

Just Push Play

Lay all your love on me

Bob's Jazz

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    thanks for uploading some of your NEW OLD VIDEOS i enjoyed watching them, looking forward to watching any other new vids from you :-)...ralph
    I've got a bunch more to work with..
    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2010

Cool Punch Drumming Videos AK.

I'm finding that Punch Drumming to some songs requires more thought than others for me. I have to rehearse punching to some tunes, and figure out what punch rhythm goes where, and that i can put Punch Fills in here, or there if i want to. And like you said sometimes you have to add, or subtract a few strikes.

And of course some songs you can just punch them out without much trouble.
      It's nice to go back, and forth between Punch Drumming, and Freestyle Baggin'. If i get tired of one for a while i just do the other.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
        Cool Punch Drumming Videos AK.

I'm finding that Punch Drumming to some songs requires more thought than others for me. I have to rehearse punching to some tunes, and figure out what punch rhythm goes where, and that i can put Punch Fills in here, or there if i want to. And like you said sometimes you have to add, or subtract a few strikes.

And of course some songs you can just punch them out without much trouble.
        It's nice to go back, and forth between Punch Drumming, and Freestyle Baggin'. If i get tired of one for a while i just do the other.
        You got it!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Within 3 hours of posting:

Dear speedbag1,

Your video, Speedbag_ABACAB by Genesis.wmv, may have content that is owned or licensed by EMI Music Publishing.

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,
        - The YouTube Team

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Dear speedbag1,

Your video, Just Push Play, may have content that is owned or licensed by EMI Music Publishing.

No action is required on your part; however, if you are interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

Sincerely,
        - The YouTube Team

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
        Last edited by Speedbag; 12-10-2011, 10:01 PM.
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

I liked this one especially.

You'd make a pretty good steam locomotive,
          relentlessly chuffing away at that Title Classic.
          You're a Classic, too.
          Thanks for posting these.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            I liked this one especially.

You'd make a pretty good steam locomotive,
            relentlessly chuffing away at that Title Classic.
            You're a Classic, too.
            Thanks for posting these.
            That's an extended dance version of the original. Many would love to kill disco and burn the music, but I had a ball dancing to it during those times, and it's fun for punch drumming. I thought about doing a medly of songs dressed in an old 3-piece leisure suit, which was big back in the day, But those got tossed long ago. Closed many a club on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights.

I'd have to train a while to get back to hitting non-stop for 6:30. That was filmed two years ago when I was hitting a lot more than I am right now.

During the "Disco Era" of late 1970's and early 80's I worked for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and had a lot of schools (high school, College etc) sponsor 24 hour dance-a-thon fund raising events. Usually the sponsoring radio station or private DJ's would bring all the latest dance and disco hits. Had a lot of fun.
            Last edited by Speedbag; 12-10-2011, 10:26 PM.
            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Finally AK vidz posted here on SBF!

Alan, I am taking my time going through your vidz posted here! I am glad your vidz are finally making it to the Hitting to Music section here on the Forum! I've always wondered why you didn't post here! Your vidz will give us much in the way of discussion and new things to try. Thanks for posting your vidz and looking forward to more. I'll have more to say after watching them thoroughly! Thanks for creating my now favorite fitness activity as well as my favorite form of artistic expression!
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                Alan, I am taking my time going through your vidz posted here! I am glad your vidz are finally making it to the Hitting to Music section here on the Forum! I've always wondered why you didn't post here! Your vidz will give us much in the way of discussion and new things to try. Thanks for posting your vidz and looking forward to more. I'll have more to say after watching them thoroughly! Thanks for creating my now favorite fitness activity as well as my favorite form of artistic expression!
                Thanks Kerry. I'm going back through a ton of video's I have of past workouts. I haven't posted a lot in this forum lately because I'm really not doing anything "new" in a punch drumming (PD) sense. I'm not nearly adept enough with any of the new shadow, under-over, elbow double bumps, ets. that some are using and with what little time I actually hit lately I'm working more on learning those than PD. I hit to tons of music in my head and have downloaded some new music I'd like to punch up, but It would be in the same style I use now, which doesn't really add anything new to the conversation. Virtually all my workouts from about 1996 - 2008 were hitting to music and most of those are on tape somewhere, So I really have tons of footage to watch and choose from. I hit to my favorite songs a lot when I was really into it, and I can easily have 15 or more takes of the same song, some from my cycling days, and with different bags, boards and swivels.

I've got ten or so in the pipeline ready to post. Some of this depends on YT, knowing if you upload to many video's and get dinged to much with issues of copyright they can kill your account. We're not trying to sell stuff with the music, which is why I quit adding any text references in video's to my website, Book, Videos' etc. from my lastest editing or posting of songs. I don't want to give the appearance of using others music to promote any personal products or services. I don't know how that works in their decision to strip your audio, but eliminating any promotional references to your own products or services might help support the "fair use" doctrine for educational purposes.

Glad you like this. You're doin some amazing PD yourself!
                Last edited by Speedbag; 12-13-2011, 01:33 AM.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...