Ms Deville después de beber una taza de café.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

You looked positively blissed out in this new video.
    Last edited by paranday; 08-15-2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post

Somehow I missed this one earlier.... ?

wow very nice! I hear you starting to work the beat pattern of the melody accents on this occassionally and pausing with the musical holds. Very nice! Now you are letting your bag beat flow with the music and beat, not just follow it "on beat". I think by allowing your bag beat and combination choices to complement elements of the music (Melody accents as well as beat speed) you're adding a lot more artistic flair to your bag performance. without thinking this will really up your bag skills as you start riding more on the music and less on the punching required. Your creativity is shining through! ( love the upward front double punches!)

Last edited by Speedbag; 08-18-2011, 10:43 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        Somehow I missed this one earlier.... ?
        No, you didn't miss this "Air" video the first time. I edited the thread and added this video 2 weeks later.

wow very nice! I hear you starting to work the beat pattern of the melody accents on this occassionally and pausing with the musical holds. Very nice! Now you letting you bag beat flow with the music and beat, not just follow it "on beat". I think by allowing your bag beat and combination choices to complement elements of the music (Melody accents as well as beat speed) you're adding a lot more artistic flair to your bag performance. without thinking this will really up your bag skills as you start riding more on the music and less on the punching required. Your creativity is shining through! ( love the upward front double punches!)

Dang.

Where's the EUPHORIA smiley face on the forum?

Alan you've made my day. My week! Thanks for these remarks. I feel like I'm almost there... well, I'm still a long way off, but I think I'm "getting it." Finally. I'm an old dog but I have finally learned some new tricks. And all that practicing is beginning to pay off. I am definitely beginning to interpret the music. And I feel like Jesse Cook's instrumentals are ideal for this. (I've been watching your YT videos featuring his music. Fantastic punch drumming!)

Your creativity is shining through! (love the upward front double punches!)

Again, thank you! Actually, thanks to EVERY PERSON who has encouraged me along the way.

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Yes, paranday. PURE BLISS!

This music is REALLY GREAT to listen to AND to punch drum with. If you haven't yet, you gotta try it!

GET BLISSED!

Last edited by MsDeville; 08-18-2011, 05:31 PM. Reason: spelling error.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

My Steel Drum has been converted to a Wooden Drum...

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
          ...Why is it I suddenly feel like a cup of "de cafe" myself?

Great hittin' as usual. What is that platform made of? It has a plexiglass kind of sound to it.

...Many bags from me on this one:

UPDATE:

Well, a lot has been going on in my life since posting these 2 punch drumming videos (a couple of my personal favorites).

I guess I can consider myself an inventor/entrepreneur since introducing the DEVILLE "A-51" ball-hook swivel in February of this year. http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4114

And, this ultimately inspired "Trainer Raul" (my partner) and me to create a new speed bag swivel.

We have designed this one to be embedded in a 36" wood drum and have retro-fitted the outdoor steel drum into a WOOD platform. Raul drilled holes through the thick plate of steel to attach the wood drum to it. He attached it from above with 1" wood screws so that there are no bolts showing from below ~ Sweet!

So, I now have a 36" wooden platform! Yay. And, this flush-mounted swivel (which we have named the "D-21") is amazing. By flush mounting this swivel, I have shortened the arc of the speed bag by about an inch. And boy, what a difference an inch makes in regards to the ease of punching as well as the increased speed of the bag. It also seems to be much more forgiving if you mis-hit.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

The D-21 just plain looks cool.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Wow!

I haven't been on in awhile Denise. Life has distracted me from the forum for a bit, but the addiction is still their for me. It looks like you are going into Swivel design very deeply. You and Raul are changing the the swivel world as we know it! Nice change to the wood drum, I hope you like it as much as the steel drum. You guys have me doing Inward double elbows now when I punch drum. I have also, been working on a new 4-way elbow basic punch drumming rhythm by starting the 4-way elbow with a double bump elbow followed by the 4 way. It's alot of fun!

Great punching, from both You and Raul and Best wishes on all your swivel designs!!!

Keep on Baggin Denise!

Kerry
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...