Sugar Ray & MsDeville – "Someday" (Sugar Ray, the band!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Sugar Ray & MsDeville – "Someday" (Sugar Ray, the band!)

Well, I guess You Tube isn't blocking this video (yet) that I posted last night.

I'm punching on the small white Fighting Sports speed bag. I'm still trying to decide if I like punching on this bag. For me, it just doesn't have a good rebound. And I'm spoiled by my Aussie BFF bag being so responsive – it simply has a good 'bounce' to it. And my yellow Title bag is the same.

Anyway, I think you'll notice that I'll start to lag behind and then I have to struggle to catch up to the beat. It's because the bag is so dead. For me, anyway. But, I will continue to workout on it. Because it really works me.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • larted
    • Mar 2009

Ms D,
    Great job. I really enjoy your vids. Interesting title to the song. I like it and say to myself ," Someday" maybe I can hit like you.
    Larry

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Nice work Ms D!! smooth, fluid, and effortless!! and the arms and shoulders are looking fit and toned! i think i have competition in the arm dept!

Comment

• Vegas7
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2011

Very Nice.... I have to say I've learned an awful lot watching you and Nova and really appreciate your videos... Please don't stop!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

This video marks my 101st video on You Tube!

Originally posted by larted View Post
          Ms D,
          Great job. I really enjoy your vids. Interesting title to the song. I like it and say to myself ," Someday" maybe I can hit like you.
          Larry
          Thanks Larry! It just takes practice. And, for me, encouragement. (That's why I love this board... everyone is so positive and constructive in their criticism...)

I just noticed that this video marks the 101st video posting on You Tube – most of my videos are of my progress since I started in Aug. 2009.

And I am still obsessed with this hobby of mine!

Originally posted by fingers View Post
          Nice work Ms D!! smooth, fluid, and effortless!! and the arms and shoulders are looking fit and toned! i think i have competition in the arm dept!
          Thanks, fingers! I still have a long way to go in the upper arm dept. – don't look too closely! – I still tend to favor my left arm, and my right shows it! As I mentioned, this bag makes me really work my arms and is really helping me to improve my stamina with repetitive linking. I find it very challenging to see how many times I can do it without goofing up.

Originally posted by Vegas7 View Post
          Very Nice.... I have to say I've learned an awful lot watching you and Nova and really appreciate your videos... Please don't stop!!
          Why, thanks so much, Vegas! My punches aren't perfect, but, I feel that I do a pretty good job of keeping my elbows up, which is such a big part of speed bagging.
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

Cool, Cool, and more Cool! Nice baggin' Dee

Since you have both the yellow title 5x8 pro, and the white FS 5x8 Pro, i would like to ask you a couple questions, if you don't mind.

Are they very close to being the same size, or if not, which one is larger?
            Is the title bouncier, or is it the FS?
            And finally, which one is heavier?

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Thanks, ebozyn!

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
              Cool, Cool, and more Cool! Nice baggin' Dee
              I like your videos, as well, ebozyn!

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
              Since you have both the yellow title 5x8 pro, and the white FS 5x8 Pro, i would like to ask you a couple questions, if you don't mind.

Are they very close to being the same size, or if not, which one is larger?
              Is the title bouncier, or is it the FS?
              And finally, which one is heavier?
              To answer your questions about the bags...
              Yes, the yellow Title and the Fighting Sports bags are very close in size. See photos.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	TitleBagFightingSportBag.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	87959
              Title Bag and Fighting Sports Bag

Name:	BFF Bag_TitleGoldBag.JPG
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	87960
              BodyFirstFitness Speed Ball and Title Bag

I have a digital kitchen scale, so I weighed all of them. This isn't very scientific, because I didn't bother to check the air pressure in each. Does air weigh much? Is it pertinent to the weight of the bag?

The Fighting Sports weighed: 6.7 ozs.
              The yellow Title weighed: 7 ozs.
              And my BFF bag weighed: 7.6 ozs.

To me, the white Fighting Sports has no "bounce" to it. I liken it to the surface of a softball – hard.

The Title has almost a spongy feel to it, in my opinion. It gives to the touch.

And the BFF ball is, well, like a ball. It's bulbier than the other two, so it appears more round. And it has great rebounding qualities.

But, yes, you give up speed. Well, unless you're Deano or Alan Kahn. I'll upload a video tonight featuring Alan at SB II. He's hitting on a Jim Bradley speed ball, very similar to my BFF speed ball.

I'd like to mention something about the new "S-hook" I'm using with my swivel in this video.

Name:	S-Biner.jpg
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	87961

Trainer Raul found this cool gadget to replace the standard S-hook. He cut off the s-hook and replaced it with something called an S-BINER.

Name:	S-BINER No2.JPG
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	87962

It's spring-loaded at both ends, so it's easy to attach to the I-bolt in the metal ball of the swivel, and any bag will fit – even the fat Cleto loop. It seems to be well-manufactured, but time will tell if it can hold up to speed bagging. The other nice thing about it? It only costs $1.99. I hope it holds up.
              Last edited by MsDeville; 07-16-2011, 10:07 PM. Reason: Correction in the weight of the speed bags.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Nice, nice, nice. Also, real nice !

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                The Fighting Sports weighed: 6.7 lbs.
                The yellow Title weighed: 7 lbs.
                And my BFF bag weighed: 7.6 lbs.
                Wow. Never hit such heavy bags. How do you do it?

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                Trainer Raul found this cool gadget to replace the standard S-hook. He cut off the s-hook and replaced it with something called an S-BINER.
                [ATTACH]1993[/ATTACH]

It's spring-loaded at both ends, so it's easy to attach to the I-bolt in the metal ball of the swivel, and any bag will fit – even the fat Cleto loop. It seems to be well-manufactured, but time will tell if it can hold up to speed bagging. The other nice thing about it? It only costs $1.99. I hope it holds up.
                Keep us updated!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Duh!

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  Nice, nice, nice. Also, real nice !

Wow. Never hit such heavy bags. How do you do it?

Keep us updated!
                  Boy, is my face red. I meant to say OUNCES. Thanks Jim. Yikes! A 7-lb bag! Hmmm... maybe it would speed up the process of toning my arms!

I'll keep you posted on the new S-biner swivel...

Comment

• ebozyn
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2010

Awesome MsD! That's alot of good info on those bags.
                    thank you.
                    I didn't expect you to take photos, and bust out the kitchen scale. hehe
                    But, it is nice to see the bags side by side like that, and to know the actual weight of each bag. It gives me a feel for what to look out for with the FS 5x8.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...