• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Punching To Kool Keith

No pain in the sciatica at the moment and seeing the videos MsD is posting from SBII made me want to get in the garage and hit something. I had to try this song. This is the second attempt and it's VERY clear that my linking skills need LOTS of refining. Many spots where my mind saw the technique to come but my fists executed differently, but I kept at it .That's what I'm here for. To learn and get better. Once again I show another facet of my musical taste, I may live for Metal, but I ain't so close-minded I can't appreiciate other forms of music.The song is "Livin' Astro" by Kool Keith. Enjoy!

Last edited by metaldad; 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM.
    sigpic
  • Vegas7
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2011

Hey MD you look like your feeling a lot better than the other day when you posted you couldn't make SBII. but look on the bright side, your back under the board and moving really well. For a guy that couldn't move a couple of days ago That's some pretty nice drumming!!!

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

I love it... really well done! Great groove for baggin' to.
      I have to try this stuff one day...soon....
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• newbagger
        • May 2010

Very cool, MD.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Feb 2010

Great vid

So good to see you in the groove, hey you're punch drumming very well

Was gutted for you that you had to miss SB II, but I know you'll get there next year. Good that the pain has eased a lot for you.

Always an inspiration MD, thanks for posting

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Vegas7 View Post
            Hey MD you look like your feeling a lot better than the other day when you posted you couldn't make SBII. but look on the bright side, your back under the board and moving really well. For a guy that couldn't move a couple of days ago That's some pretty nice drumming!!!
            Thanks. Like I said, I'm not feeling any pain at the moment. Been working normal and getting back to working out. I find out Tuesday what the MRI found.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            I love it... really well done! Great groove for baggin' to.
            I have to try this stuff one day...soon....
            Thanks Zaza. I bet you'll take to it real quick.

Originally posted by newbagger View Post
            Very cool, MD.
            Thank you!

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
            So good to see you in the groove, hey you're punch drumming very well
            Thank you Mrs M. It was my second try at that tune. Gotta work on linking.

Was gutted for you that you had to miss SB II, but I know you'll get there next year. Good that the pain has eased a lot for you.
            Yeah, it sucks but I'm over it now and getting ready for next year!!

Always an inspiration MD, thanks for posting
            Your welcome and thanks for your kind words! Makes me wanna constantly improve!!
            Last edited by metaldad; 06-19-2011, 10:34 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

OK, I'm feeling that groove! You're laying down some jam up bag beats to that tune. Dead on, MD. We missed you at SBII. Had some great punch drumming vibes going on so you must have felt it in the wind from Jersey, You know what I'm sayin'.....
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                OK, I'm feeling that groove! You're laying down some jam up bag beats to that tune. Dead on, MD.
                Thanks Alan. Once I settled down and didn't try to do too many techniques, the flow was alot easier

We missed you at SBII.
                Missed being there, been checking out all the video's that have been posted so far.

Had some great punch drumming vibes going on
                Yeah there was! It looked like another great gathering for the books. You and Tim should be proud!Tim for putting it all together and you for creating the lingo and revolutionizing the art!

so you must have felt it in the wind from Jersey, You know what I'm sayin'.....
                I felt something in the wind...you guys have chili dogs or something?Or maybe it was the big burrito I had yesterday washed down with beer!! Nah...definitely a Jersey chili dog in the air..........
                sigpic

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Good Stuff md!

You were right on beat using different combo's and even hitting straight punches from the back of the bag, which I really like to do when punch drumming! Great Vidz! Keep em coming Patrick!
                  Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 06-20-2011, 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling corretion
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• speedbag4life
                    • Jun 2007

Nice job, metaldad! Glad you opened your mind to a heavy beat-- you seem pretty comfortable at it, despite your fidelity to metal.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...