• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Professional Kno Knot swivel, patent 1907

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    I'd LOVE to find one of those old 'swivel bases' like she used on the floor...I never see those...anywhere?
    I don't know if this one qualifies, it is a bit short at 2 3/4" tall. It is called "Kno Knot" because you don't need to know any knots, haha, the rope is attached to the swivel with a set screw. The little ball with the set screw rotates freely if a bit crudely, but it doesn't matter too much because the rope itself can twist a bit until the ball catches up. The bag it came with doesn't have a bladder, I've never tried punching this swivel but really should. This swivel is well made, heavy walled cast iron components, galvanized finish, the screw threads for the swivel barrel and base are a fine pitch and feel precise.

Made in USA, like the Powermill and Deville.
    Attached Files
  • SirMalikCobra
    • Jan 2013

Interesting post... Good info!
    Your mind will quit before your body will
    Train your mind twice as hard as you train your body
    And you will be a force to be reckoned with

Personal quote by:
    SirMalikCobra
    sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

That's the style that Doris used on her floor bags, it wouldn't surprise me it they were available in different lengths.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Yes...that's the ticket...but you NEVER see these anywhere. I would love to see you hitting on this!

I've been thinking of using pipe and plumbing fittings to fashion something 'like' that to try. Thanks for the post!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Wow! Didn't kno (sorry) you had one of those, Paranday. Have you ever hit on it, or do you just have it as a piece of history?

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

I bought it to see how it was made, I too had wondered about this style after seeing them in really old photos. I haven't hit on it yet, but a well known participant here at this forum may be the first one to bag with it. Will keep you posted.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Now that is a real piece of speed bag history.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...